Where will you be going this Fall?

johnnycomelately

UCSD! I received a great funding package...but...trying to find a place (that's dog friendly) is stressing me out. Hoping to go out in June to get the logistics of the move finalized. I wish I could fast-forward these next few months of figuring out deposits/moving/downsizing and just start with classes already.

Committed to UChicago. It was a tough choice for a few reasons (great programs/advisors at each school that accepted me, similar/competitive funding offers (one was better than that offered at Chicago, as they guaranteed six years vs. five), diverse and intellectually stimulating environments), but I felt a more immediate connection with the faculty and current students at Chicago. Also, Chicago was the most ideal living situation of my choices. 

10 hours ago, johnnycomelately said:

Committed to UChicago. It was a tough choice for a few reasons (great programs/advisors at each school that accepted me, similar/competitive funding offers (one was better than that offered at Chicago, as they guaranteed six years vs. five), diverse and intellectually stimulating environments), but I felt a more immediate connection with the faculty and current students at Chicago. Also, Chicago was the most ideal living situation of my choices. 

Congrats on Chicago! Best of luck to you! 

I've decided to attend Duke! I'm excited and grateful for the opportunity to study with amazing scholars. I also got a summer job with Duke that I'll start at the end of May. Its in South Africa! I'll get the chance to work with undergraduates while conducting my own research. Can't wait!

3 hours ago, KLZ said:

I've decided to attend Duke! I'm excited and grateful for the opportunity to study with amazing scholars. I also got a summer job with Duke that I'll start at the end of May. Its in South Africa! I'll get the chance to work with undergraduates while conducting my own research. Can't wait!

Sounds awesome! I am very jealous. :P

3 hours ago, KLZ said:

Congrats. That's exciting, awesome all the way around. Best of luck.

I'll be starting a PhD at the University of Virginia in the fall. I'm really happy with my choice. It was tough because I got off the waitlist at William and Mary and Rutgers shortly after I took the spot at UVA, but this is definitely the best program for me and I wouldn't have accepted if I wasn't 100%.

Attending: University of Virginia

Accepted: University of Connecticut, William and Mary (off waitlist), Rutgers (off waitlist)

Rejected: Harvard, Yale, Johns Hopkins, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania (interviewed)

33 minutes ago, OmyAmerica said:

I'll be starting a PhD at the University of Virginia in the fall. I'm really happy with my choice. It was tough because I got off the waitlist at William and Mary and Rutgers shortly after I took the spot at UVA, but this is definitely the best program for me and I wouldn't have accepted if I wasn't 100%

It's definitely important to be in a program that best suits you, I say. :)

Congrats on your decision!

I chose University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.  I had a situation where I had to decide between amazing funding (30k) and better placement record.  I chose placement... along with not too much money (18K) but I've been really good at applying for fellowships and scholarships so far and 18k is decent anyways for grad school.

2 hours ago, bettafish said:

I chose University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.  I had a situation where I had to decide between amazing funding (30k) and better placement record.  I chose placement... along with not too much money (18K) but I've been really good at applying for fellowships and scholarships so far and 18k is decent anyways for grad school.

I went to UNC undergrad. You will love Chapel Hill. Amazing culture and campus. Academics are superb as well. Kathryn Burns was my history professor and she was fantastic!

I have decided on The Ohio State University, although it was a very tough choice between two very different programs which both had strengths and weaknesses. However, OSU offered me a fellowship offer just yesterday and it was really the extra little bit I needed to make the decision I already wanted to make. No regrets baby!

On 4/3/2016 at 0:29 PM, KLZ said:

I'm pretty jealous, that's an amazing opportunity!  Enjoy your time there!

2 hours ago, fortsibut said:

I'm pretty jealous, that's an amazing opportunity!  Enjoy your time there!

Thank you! I'm so excited! 

31 minutes ago, MrMomo said:

Going to Northwestern! Amazing funding and great placement history but my field (East Asian history) is a relatively new program there with only a few placements. Hope I made the right decision...

I'm sure you'll be fine. Northwestern is a great program! :) Congrats!