History 2010

Sparky

My general hunch is that they are likely trying to fund that first group of admits, since it is so very early to admit people. What I don't understand is why other admits from Wisconsin from different disciplines have already been notified that they were nominated for University fellowships, when presumably some of the History folks have been too?

I don't know. I suppose that I could ask my potential adviser for information, but I don't really feel like spazzing out about it at this point.

Yeah, obviously the letter said 4-5 weeks for a final decision, so I was just waiting for that time to hear what funding was being made available. As far as writing the department, I just sent my contact info to the grad. asst. as the letter asked. I actually didn't even contact the professor who was placed as my advisor before, solely because I was way too intimidated to send him an email and basically afraid of being rejected in a personal format. Odd, but I guess we all are.

Its funny you mention that. I had to work up the courage to email my potential advisor and never received anything back. Frankly, I was borderline shocked that I got after that. I think I actually gave out a yelp when I opened the letter that terrified my poor dog.

I don't know. I suppose that I could ask my potential adviser for information, but I don't really feel like spazzing out about it at this point.

It is a bit early for spazzing, but I honestly think having some schools answer so much earlier is worse somehow.

My proposal is that students apply to ONE website. Schools can still charge us all separate application fees, but the format would be the same and the requirements would be the same. Then, all the schools must decide on a certain day.

Make life easier for both sides, I would think.

:D When I saw that Berkeley acceptance, I thought, "YAY! FEBRUARY IS HERE!" (well, technically not until tomorrow).

C'mon, adcoms, come out of those conference rooms...we won't capture you and torture you to get all of us accepted... we can handle rejections and wait lists, seriously. :ph34r:

Any predictions for this week? I'll wager for Yale... just because it gets so many applications for so few spots. B) And it's my competitor's dream school and this is her second try. I was going to apply there but our advisor said no to me but she was all "dreamy" about Yale that I think she applied anyway.

I'm also thinking Yale will deliver this week or next. I'm usually pretty mellow, but have become an emotional trainwreck over the last few weeks. I just want to KNOW and get on with the next thing. On the bright side, I'm so desperate for something to distract me that I'm ahead in my class reading and am making good progress on studying for MA comps. Last week, I was behind on everything and could barely get out of bed (she said, still wearing her PJs at 4pm).

I'm also thinking Yale will deliver this week or next. I'm usually pretty mellow, but have become an emotional trainwreck over the last few weeks. I just want to KNOW and get on with the next thing. On the bright side, I'm so desperate for something to distract me that I'm ahead in my class reading and am making good progress on studying for MA comps. Last week, I was behind on everything and could barely get out of bed (she said, still wearing her PJs at 4pm).

I heard through the grapevine that Rutgers has made their decisions and will notify this week. I'm crossing my fingers for good news!

I want to know for the usual reasons, but also so I can get on with my life/work and not spend half my day spacing out thinking about my chances, or calculating when I can expect a result to come in. Checking this board is definitely making me more neurotic about it. I'm definitely very jealous of everyone who has heard something, since I would like to get some kind of confirmation of how I think I stack up in all this. Not sure if I come off as an idiot or a genius in my application.

I've applied to Notre Dame. Not sure what's up with that one results post saying they sent out emails to those in the finalist pool!

I was wondering about this one, too. Has anybody else heard anything other than the person who posted on the results page?

Edited by BCEmory08

Has anyone heard from / anything about Northwestern?

This is my dream school - I'm pretty sure I would sell my soul for a spot.

Beautiful campus, northshore suburban Evanston right outside city limits, good program, and don't they full fund? I think I would sell my soul for that too.