History 2010

Sparky

Am I the only one among us who has not gotten in anywhere (yet)?

yeah, im in the same boat. i looked back on previous years boards though and it seems like its sort of early for me to hear from any of my schools anyway but i dont know.. anyone hear anything from HYP or chicago yet?

I haven't heard a thing. I have a theory after looking at all the results from last year (and if somehow this year is similar to last year), then next week should witness an avalanche of acceptances/rejections. It's gonna suck but I'm still holding out some ounce of hope.

*big sigh of relief* Maybe it's not my competitor at all... I've seriously been obsessing in the last 24 hours over this. :rolleyes:

Now I can go back to focusing on life again instead of analyzing why she got in and I didn't.

I know the feeling. Glad I can put your mind at ease.

I see a UMinn admit on the results board. Who is it (if you'll share) and what field?

That was me, and I'm in modern European history. I got an email from the graduate director saying that I would get funding and travel reimbursement information in a couple of days.

Thanks, Boogs, I've been accepted into the Latin American PhD program, I do interdisciplinary US-LA work on the Cold War era. I think there are four or five other offers (Duke Fellowship) out there at the moment. The Latin American class is a big one this year, as the last two years have been smaller. What are you waiting on?

Eponymous, when you say that you think that there are four or five other offers, do you mean specifically to students of Latin American history, or from the history department generally?

Eponymous, when you say that you think that there are four or five other offers, do you mean specifically to students of Latin American history, or from the history department generally?

I was referring to Latin Americanists only. I have no idea about the other regions and no information is forthcoming.

Did they give you any details on numbers of admits/applicants/waitlist? I am assuming at this point I am probably rejected:((

Ugh, I think so too.

*goes back to over-analyzing*

Anyone else in the think-they've-been-rejected-from-Notre-Dame boat based on the results posts? ::sigh

Congrats to those who got interview invites. I keep trying to tell myself that South Bend is a horrid place - but it's not really working ;-)

Yeah, once I saw those posts going up about interview weekend, I pretty much assumed that my application is lying there in the "rejected" pile, waiting to be formally processed. It's a bummer even though I really do NOT want to attend Notre Dame, as I recently discovered when visiting. I always expected to be rejected there due to my language deficiencies, but still, knowing that I'm probably out of luck there makes me feel less confident about my other applications.

Anyone else in the think-they've-been-rejected-from-Notre-Dame boat based on the results posts? ::sigh

Congrats to those who got interview invites. I keep trying to tell myself that South Bend is a horrid place - but it's not really working ;-)

Well, if it makes you feel any better, one of my professors cited Notre Dame as an example of a school that is great but the living conditions are so bad that it just isn't worth it.

I'm surprised they are one of the few big history programs that do interviews. You'd think they wouldn't want their top admits to visit the place until after signing the agreement, instead of paying for them to see it, and in February at that! Maybe everyone will reject them and we'll be admitted.

Well, Stanford is on the map; both reported on the results page, and my friend also got into Stanford for History. Good thing I didn't apply there.

Yeah, I saw the Stanford too. Last year, several Yale admits came right around this time. I feel like I can't even breathe anymore.

Did they give you any details on numbers of admits/applicants/waitlist? I am assuming at this point I am probably rejected:((

I sent an email response to the director of grad studies and I'll let you know if he gets back to me. I guess a waitlist is better than a reject for my first response...

Yeah, I saw the Stanford too. Last year, several Yale admits came right around this time. I feel like I can't even breathe anymore.

I wager I'm going to be waitlisted at a few places, or at the bottom of the barrel for others. I wish I knew which method of contact is more likely for which school. That way I can diversify my psychosis to a number of possible media.

I wager I'm going to be waitlisted at a few places, or at the bottom of the barrel for others. I wish I knew which method of contact is more likely for which school. That way I can diversify my psychosis to a number of possible media.

I honestly have no idea what schools are going to take me. One that I thought for sure would reject me has accepted me, so now what? Anything at all could happen at any time!

I don't know, I think a good program admits a few tomorrow....!

I am so desperate for information, data, contact, so that I can figure out how the heck I'm going to sell my house and move to wherever.