26 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

Anybody else hear back from Munk? Its 6 so I guess they must have closed down the offices. 

I didn't hear back from Munk today at all...My application is still under review and my Acorn page doesn't say 'invited' so I'm really worried

On 3/14/2017 at 1:16 AM, sonsofeasterly said:

If you applied for the MRP or thesis at NPSIA, the sshrc is portable, although that may depend on when you intend to write. 

Is the SSHRC portable? I thought it was tied to the school that selected me for the award... and if it is portable how would I transfer it?

10 minutes ago, BlndGeo said:

I didn't hear back from Munk today at all...My application is still under review and my Acorn page doesn't say 'invited' so I'm really worried

I'm in the same boat... maybe they are just taking time and going down their list manually, one candidate at a time. It's also possible that we just aren't first round candidates since we haven't been rejected yet either? Hope it's the former and not the latter!

UPDATE:

Just checked ROSI instead of ACORN (UofT's former student portal) and it says that I have been invited to the MGA for September 2017!!!!!!!
You need a student number to log in; not sure if all applicants are given one.

There has been no update to my ACORN or Application (still reads 'Under Review')

Good luck everyone!

MGA.png

11 minutes ago, comeondown said:

UPDATE:

Just checked ROSI instead of ACORN (UofT's former student portal) and it says that I have been invited to the MGA for September 2017!!!!!!!
You need a student number to log in; not sure if all applicants are given one.

There has been no update to my ACORN or Application (still reads 'Under Review')

Good luck everyone!

MGA.png

1 minute ago, DefeatistElitist said:

Mine also has this but I still have heard nothing from them.

Likewise

26 minutes ago, DefeatistElitist said:

Mine also has this but I still have heard nothing from them.

24 minutes ago, LuiAp said:

Likewise

My status throughout undergrad has always said "Invited" for upcoming school semesters and only switches to "Registered" once tuition has been paid. Try and be semi-excited about your unofficial invitations! I know I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch BUT the same thing happened to my friend who received official acceptance a couple of days later in the mail.

I'm trying to cling to any hope I can get LOL

Edited by comeondown

I also just checked ROSI and see the same thing! I also was accepted and received my official offer to the MPP program so the fact that the MGA shows the same is exciting! Don't want to get my hopes up just in case though lol! 

IMG_2666.PNG

Edited by eschep

1 hour ago, unblinkingbleb said:

Is the SSHRC portable? I thought it was tied to the school that selected me for the award... and if it is portable how would I transfer it?

Yeah, I got that 100% wrong. Oops. I've had a few friends who have been able to move it, but apparently those were special cases. Its great you already heard - I'm stuck waiting it out until the 1st. 

1 minute ago, unblinkingbleb said:

Well I suppose its not good for me that I've no inkling of an invite on ACORN, ROSI, or SOGS :(

Try not to worry, they are definitely taking their time updating everyone's profiles. I see first round acceptances rolling out into the first week of April at this rate.

Plus, something tells me they won't be too generous with funding so some accepted students will definitely drop in favour of NPSIA or GSPIA #25kMagic. I only applied to Munk so I am literally on hands and knees at this point.

29 minutes ago, comeondown said:

Try not to worry, they are definitely taking their time updating everyone's profiles. I see first round acceptances rolling out into the first week of April at this rate.

Plus, something tells me they won't be too generous with funding so some accepted students will definitely drop in favour of NPSIA or GSPIA #25kMagic. I only applied to Munk so I am literally on hands and knees at this point.

God if it takes until the first week of April for them to get their shit together I may just get a hernia... lol

ACCEPTED TO GSPIA!!!

I got 12k, plus a "merit" scholarship? They said details will be provided soon. So weird though, my offer is in French haha, did anyone else get that? 

The merit scholarship can range from 3-6k! 

Edited by Hopeful2017

Hey all,

LONG-time lurker here. Mainly adding to this conversation so that future stress-balls like me can have a little reassurance. I was super intimidated by peoples' stats on this thread and last year's and thought there was no chance in hell that I would get into my top choice (NPSIA) let alone get funding. Well, I was WRONG. I had a 3.43 CGPA from McGill with around a 3.6 in my last two years. Nothing special. Low GPA in my second year due to an ill-advised attempt at adding a Bio major to my Poli Sci major degree. Graduated with B.A Honours in Poli Sci with a Bio minor. I did a 3rd year field study semester in East Africa, with a casual internship in Nairobi afterwards and interned at the Clinton Foundation after graduating. Also did a fair amount of travelling but no gov. work experience or UN experience etc. My reference letters were probably pretty average - didn't have a special connection with either prof and one of them probably doesn't even know what I look like.

Anyhow, got accepted first round at NPSIA with my top choice specialization (Intelligence and International Affairs) and $16,000 in funding. I also just got accepted to GSPIA with $12,000 in funding. So for future peeps thinking of applying and feeling discouraged, don't be!! It's always worth a shot! :lol:

(P.S - still waiting on Munk but I'll probably accept NPSIA) 

Hey guys! Just got an email from MUNK - I've been accepted into their program!! Not sure if I am considering it though since I really want to live in the capital and the MUNK program is a tad bit too expensive with few funding. 

5 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

Hey guys! Just got an email from MUNK - I've been accepted into their program!! Not sure if I am considering it though since I really want to live in the capital and the MUNK program is a tad bit too expensive with few funding. 

Congrats on the Munk offer!! Did your SGS status change to decision made?

2 minutes ago, jjr said:

Congrats on the Munk offer!! Did your SGS status change to decision made?

I just checked and it still says "under review" however I received the email with the offer and that I would receive something in the mail too. So my advice would be not to rely on the status of your application, just keep checking your email. 

25 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

Do you know if your acorn/rosi stated "invited"?? 

Got accepted into GSPIA!!!!! My offer was also in French.... but from what I gathered, I'll get funding of $6,000, which is a bit low to be honest... But I'm grateful I got in at all. Still waiting for my official NPSIA offer, it is currently "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs".

EDIT: WAIT, I GOT $12,000!!!!! It says 6,000 per year for two years=$12,000. Nevermind, I'm pretty satisfied with the offer lol.

Edited by PoliticalNerd2017

2 hours ago, Norma955 said:

Has anyone here heard back about SSHRC?

My understanding is the results aren't formally posted until the 1st, and you'll have to log into the research portal to view them.

It may vary based on school, I've been told by one school that I was nominated by the department. However, it's ultimately up to the grad faculty, but I suspect it's uncommon for them to refuse a departmental nomination.