11 hours ago, Polici said:

Do u mind if I ask when did u apply for SIDGS? I did apply to their program but no update still under evaluation 

I sent my application on January 25th! 

Everyone who applied for the SPPG/U of T MPP program should go check their ACORN accounts. Official offers are supposed to be sent tomorrow, however it looks like I got in after my account changed to "decision made" yesterday and today its telling me in ACORN that I am invited. Im really excited!!!

MPP.png

Edited by Duplified

1 hour ago, Norma955 said:

Yes! I was accepted there two weeks ago and I am currently trying to decide between NPSIA, SIDGS and GSPIA. Did you apply there?

Yes I did but my application completed on mid February I talked to them and they said offers will be sent out from April to June 

Also got an offer to UofT's MPP with about 3k funding. Which, given the 20k I got from NPSIA and the lower cost of living in Ottawa... looks like there's a spot for someone else to open up. :P

5 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

Also got an offer to UofT's MPP with about 3k funding. Which, given the 20k I got from NPSIA and the lower cost of living in Ottawa... looks like there's a spot for someone else to open up. :P

Lmao 3k...I feel guilty about being upset about 19k from NPSIA. Crazy the funding some programs will offer vs others.  Congrats on your NPSIA offer :) 

9 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Lmao 3k...I feel guilty about being upset about 19k from NPSIA. Crazy the funding some programs will offer vs others.  Congrats on your NPSIA offer :) 

Right? 3k is almost insulting for a 19k tuition, lol. And thank you! 

22 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

Right? 3k is almost insulting for a 19k tuition, lol. And thank you! 

I've been hearing interesting things about the NPSIA vs. GSPIA debate - working at GAC, I get to talk to a lot of alumni about their experiences at NPSIA. Recently, I've actually been told that since I'm already at GAC, that GSPIA may be more attractive. A lot of things that have been said is that the profs at GSPIA are very well-sought and apparently NPSIA has been increasing their admissions like crazy - 130 back in 2014-2016 and I imagine it keeps getting higher. I was told to actually accept GSPIA vs. NPSIA... and this came from a NPSIA alumni. Just some food for thought. 

1 hour ago, Nupur11 said:

My NPSIA application just changed to "Recommended for Assessment". How long do you think till I get a decision?

I just called Tabbatha at NPSIA, she said that she hopes offers will be out by the end of next week.

3 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

I've been hearing interesting things about the NPSIA vs. GSPIA debate - working at GAC, I get to talk to a lot of alumni about their experiences at NPSIA. Recently, I've actually been told that since I'm already at GAC, that GSPIA may be more attractive. A lot of things that have been said is that the profs at GSPIA are very well-sought and apparently NPSIA has been increasing their admissions like crazy - 130 back in 2014-2016 and I imagine it keeps getting higher. I was told to actually accept GSPIA vs. NPSIA... and this came from a NPSIA alumni. Just some food for thought. 

That's interesting, I keep hearing conflicting thoughts on the two as well. IMO that's the most difficult part of this decision, is that all criticisms of the programs seem to be word of mouth; there aren't a whole lot of professional studies or comparisons about which program is better in which area. I really don't know who to believe anymore!

2 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Has anyone heard from GSPIA since those first offers back in Feb? They seem pretty quiet over there.

Exactly. Has anyone called? They are very slow in emailing back. I think 2 people received offers, yes?

1 minute ago, Nupur11 said:

Exactly. Has anyone called? They are very slow in emailing back. I think 2 people received offers, yes?

I believe so. I can't believe how long they're taking - it's mid-March. I almost want to stop checking my application portal because I'm tired of seeing "Under Evaluation" every single time. 

Unfortunate because its my first choice and I wanted to have all these offers on the table so I could start weighing pros and cons. I was told I would receive an answer two weeks ago, and still nothing. Yet Carleton was so quick! 

Very frustrating. 

Nancy told me I should expect an offer in the coming days and that was last week!! I'm a bit frustrated with the pace of things at GSPIA.  From my understanding, they haven't sent out much offers and they typically send theirs prior to NPSIA.... On another note, unless funding is extremely low, GSPIA is my first choice. I know that there is a lot of conflicting feedback about NPSIA vs. GSPIA but ultimately, my gut is telling me that GSPIA works better for me, and that their smaller cohort, greater internship opportunities, more diverse faculty will benefit me greater. So unless my NPSIA offer is out of this world, I'll be there this fall!

1 minute ago, BlndGeo said:

Please let us know what they say!

I called them today and got through, all they told me is that acceptances run beginning of March until the end of April typically...she seemed reluctant to give anything more specific. 

5 minutes ago, eschep said:

I called them today and got through, all they told me is that acceptances run beginning of March until the end of April typically...she seemed reluctant to give anything more specific. 

That is so vague! 

7 minutes ago, eschep said:

Who did you speak to? 

13 minutes ago, eschep said:

yeah that's pretty much what ive heard as well this week. 

Edited by justapersonwhochangednames