11 minutes ago, billballbull said:

To those officially accepted to NPSIA: any TA/research assistant offers? 

I'm still waiting for my official offer but from what I have seen, it seems that all the funding packages that were sent out so far include TA positions!

http://portal.publicpolicy.utoronto.ca/EN/MPPMPAPROGRAMS/TORONTOMUNK/Pages/default.aspx (Altas of Public Policy and Management)

I just came across this website, but I thought it may be helpful for some who are comparing different schools and programs :)

It looks like they have profiles for Munk, NPSIA, etc. 

8 hours ago, Mi5hco said:

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice. So far I've been accepted to BSIA's Global Governance program with full funding and a fellowship at CIGI, UVic's MPA with at least $15,000 in funding (maybe more), and SFU's MPP program with $10,000 in funding. I'm hoping to hear back from U of T's MPP program shortly. I also submitted a late application to NPSIA a few days after the deadline, so I may still get accepted but I highly doubt I would receive any funding.

I have a strong interest in foreign policy but I have no desire to become an academic. I'm looking for a degree that will give me the best possible chance at finding a solid job in government, an NGO, or the private sector.

Of these five programs, which would you recommend?? I know that NPSIA is typically seen as the best choice, but BSIA's offer of a research fellowship with CIGI plus an internship seems pretty strong in terms of professional development opportunities. 

Thoughts??

Hey, when did you hear from UVic? I thought that I should've heard from them ages ago

7 hours ago, billballbull said:

To those officially accepted to NPSIA: any TA/research assistant offers? 

I got an RA offer for Year 1 and a TA offer for Years 1 and 2, although I think the TA offers are 1/2 time for each of the 4 terms. I don't know how it works in practice - does anyone else? Ie. Do we get to decide for which courses we are TA? Are we RA for a specific prof or for several profs? Do we have any say in who that is?

6 minutes ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

Haven't heard anything from GSPIA, NPSIA, or Munk. 

Nothing from GSPIA either - they're taking their sweet time over there considering I was in the "last stage of the offer process" two weeks ago lol

1 hour ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

Haven't heard anything from GSPIA, NPSIA, or Munk. 

Nothing from NPSIA or GSPIA yet! I'm hoping we hear soon bc I have another offer that I need to respond to in the next two weeks.

6 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Nothing from NPSIA or GSPIA yet! I'm hoping we hear soon bc I have another offer that I need to respond to in the next two weeks.

Did your status change to review in progress by FGPA?

2 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Nope! Still 'review in progress by department'. 

I'm sure yours will change soon :) Mine changed to review in progress by FGPA yesterday afternoon for some reason. Hoping we get some offers today! 

13 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

If you let that school know you're waiting on offers they might extend you. Worked for one of my friends last year. If that school sent out their offers on Feb they'll understand.

10 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

Early this week? Even international students?

She did not mention international students! She just said early this week all offers will be finalized. 

1 hour ago, Kaspara said:

For those of you who applied, did Carleton let you know about OGS around the same time as your NPSIA offers, or is it still forthcoming?

I received my notification of OGS funding a week before being contacted by NPSIA with an offer. I would contact the Awards office to check the status of your application!

1 minute ago, YYCapplicant said:

I received my notification of OGS funding a week before being contacted by NPSIA with an offer. I would contact the Awards office to check the status of your application!

Thanks! I got good funding for NPSIA, so it wouldn't be a big deal. I'm more worried about not getting OGS for Munk, because of the ridiculously high tuition...