Hey guys I got OGS at Carleton and 15,000 funding from NPSIA meaning 30,000. My professor told me I should have gotten more but because I got OGS they lowered their internal scholarship. I am still receiving more from UOttawa and I still have no idea what I am going to accept. Has anyone here been admitted to the Project Management and Humanitarian Aid Stream?

Also has anyone here applied to SIDGS? 

27 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

Congrats! That's a great offer. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you! I have just under a 90% overall average (sorry, not so good with GPA conversions). Two fairly strong letters of reference from the heads of the two departments I'm majoring in at the moment. Fair numbers of awards in both my majors over the years. What I thought was a pretty flimsy statement. No real experience abroad volunteering or working, nor all that good at a second language. Going to be working on my French over the summer...

I also completely failed to apply for OGS due to some last minute change of plans, so maybe they took pity on me, haha.

24 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

I recieved my unofficial offer to NPSIA but I'm still waiting on my official offer but my status went from backwards from 'recommended for assessment' down to 'review in progress by the department' (as oppose to 'review in progress by the faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs'). So naturally I am wondering: has anyone received their official offer while their status was on 'review in progress by the department'?

I was at 'review in progress by department' up until last night when it jumped to "review in progress by the faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affair". I read some other people had things jump backwards before, but apparently it was just a glitch in the system and was fixed pretty soon after that.

Edited by LoopyLex

3 minutes ago, BlndGeo said:

If I had to guess, Munk admissions will come out next week. They sound swamped right now since they're not emailing people back or answering calls.

I agree. It's also a matter of finalizing who gets funding, who gets scholarships etc. Must be a lot of paperwork and stuff. Next week I'm extremely hopeful! 

Someone on another thread showed me this and I thought I would share for all of you School of Public Policy and Governance (U of t) MPP applicants!

"2017 Master of Public Policy (MPP) Program Admissions and Applications are now closed. We are currently reviewing all MPP program applications. The School will send out first round offers of admission beginning March 10, 2017 and will continue to make offers until end of April 2017 until all spots are filled."

http://publicpolicy.utoronto.ca/programs/master-of-public-policy-program/mpp-program-admissions/

I am soo happy but also anxious and worried. It was a great program when I visited and seemed like a great fit, I guess tomorrow will tell!

1 hour ago, Duplified said:

Someone on another thread showed me this and I thought I would share for all of you School of Public Policy and Governance (U of t) MPP applicants!

"2017 Master of Public Policy (MPP) Program Admissions and Applications are now closed. We are currently reviewing all MPP program applications. The School will send out first round offers of admission beginning March 10, 2017 and will continue to make offers until end of April 2017 until all spots are filled."

http://publicpolicy.utoronto.ca/programs/master-of-public-policy-program/mpp-program-admissions/

I am soo happy but also anxious and worried. It was a great program when I visited and seemed like a great fit, I guess tomorrow will tell!

Good luck!!! :) 

2 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Has anyone still yet to receive their official offer from NPSIA? :S I think it will come tomorrow but I'm hoping this doesn't mean I'll get poor funding..

I am still waiting too but I wouldn't be worried. I mean, we got in first round so it's not like we were borderline applicants. 

3 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Has anyone still yet to receive their official offer from NPSIA? :S I think it will come tomorrow but I'm hoping this doesn't mean I'll get poor funding..

I haven't gotten the official offer yet, either, bit worried about funding as well... Fingers crossed for the both of us <3 After tallying up living expenses, the 6k/year from GSPIA doesn't look so great...

1 minute ago, YellsHeah said:

I haven't gotten the official offer yet, either, bit worried about funding as well... Fingers crossed for the both of us <3 After tallying up living expenses, the 6k/year from GSPIA doesn't look so great...

Are you an international student? 

1 minute ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Are you an international student? 

No, domestic. So 6k from GSPIA would cover almost all the costs of tuition, but I have to find my own accommodations, so anything that can be used towards food and rent would be helpful.

4 minutes ago, DefeatistElitist said:

I am still waiting too but I wouldn't be worried. I mean, we got in first round so it's not like we were borderline applicants. 

3 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

Literally praying for good funding from NPSIA, I'm hoping maybe they were just doing the offers randomly, since we are all technically in the first round this week. I'm a little nervous though, not going to lie! 

3 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

No, domestic. So 6k from GSPIA would cover almost all the costs of tuition, but I have to find my own accommodations, so anything that can be used towards food and rent would be helpful.

Ohhh okay yes I feel that. Well I'm hoping we get good funding offers from NPSIA tomorrow. Good luck :) 

34 minutes ago, nnsml said:

I was informed by the MGA's program coordinator that Munk's first round of offers are set to arrive early next week. 

Thanks for updating us! this waiting game is grinding my gears though

So I got an email from GSPIA and I got word from Nancy that I have been accepted!!!!! Just waiting for the official offer.

Good morning,

I just talk to the Operation coordinator of the school, and you’ll be happy to learn that she told me that your admission was recommended to the Office of the Vice-Dean of Graduate Studies. Your file is at the final stage of the offer of admission process, the administrative staffs in this office are really busy with all the admissions but I’m confident it’s a matter of days before you receive some official news by email.

Best regards,

9 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

So I got an email from GSPIA and I got word from Nancy that I have been accepted!!!!! Just waiting for the official offer.

Good morning,

I just talk to the Operation coordinator of the school, and you’ll be happy to learn that she told me that your admission was recommended to the Office of the Vice-Dean of Graduate Studies. Your file is at the final stage of the offer of admission process, the administrative staffs in this office are really busy with all the admissions but I’m confident it’s a matter of days before you receive some official news by email.

Best regards,

Congrats! I submitted feb 1, I've basically been told my grades have not been evaluated yet and to expect answers end of the month. Sigh.