7 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

I got response to GSPIA about that weird thing on my requirements page and this is what it said: 

This means that a final decision has been made, you will be given further details by e-mail shortly.

Pretty vague. Hoping it means an acceptance.

Interesting, does your status still say under evaluation? 

14 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

No one from GSPIA has been answering my emails either. And no update.. it almost feels like they will never get back to me haha

They took a couple days to get back to my email. They are probably really busy right now, but I think we should expect some news by next week. 

If I "view application details" on the Carleton, there's now a specialization that shows up for my NPSIA app! I don't think that was there before...

1 minute ago, JV-K said:

If I "view application details" on the Carleton, there's now a specialization that shows up for my NPSIA app! I don't think that was there before...

Hmmm, not sure if that existed before but seems to be added. Mine says 'N/A'.

2 minutes ago, JV-K said:

What program are you leaning towards? And congrats that's exciting :) I chose Global Public Policy and International Organizations, how about you?! 

1 hour ago, newgirl31 said:

Has anyone else been accepted to NPSIA today? Are all first round offers out? I emailed Tabitha and called the office but haven't gotten a response/voicemail. I also applied to the JD/MA so I'm hoping that may be a factor? 

I also applied JD/MA, and Im super anxiously waiting to hear back.

I just found this forum a couple of days ago and its a blessing to see that I'm not alone in nervously waiting to hear back. I recently got accepted in Osgoode Law and U of T Political Science MA. But I am really looking forward to hopefully hearing something from Carleton in regards to the Political Science MA (status just changed to Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate Postdoctoral Affairs yesterday afternoon) and the joint program between U of O and Carleton for International affairs (U of O has me under evaluation and NPSIA says Recommended for Assessment) .

Congrats to everyone who's already heard back from NPSIA!!!

2 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

What program are you leaning towards? And congrats that's exciting :) I chose Global Public Policy and International Organizations, how about you?! 

Haha I chose the same one as my top pick. That's what's listed now on the portal.

I am really split between GSPIA and NPSIA (and MPPA, but mostly because of the $). I think I'll wait to see funding offers for both and then decide. I got an email today in a response to an email I sent them, telling me informally that I will receive OGS for UOttawa, so that evens the field a bit (as I have it for Carleton). UOttawa has some caps though, so getting OGS ends up not being as much of a perk as at Carleton. After going on LinkedIn today, it looks like NPSIA grads are doing a lot of very cool stuff (and GSPIA too, but there are obviously fewer of them because it's a newer program, so less to get excited about). I'm still worried that NPSIA is too right-leaning for me and the profs at GSPIA look both diverse and fantastic in terms of my fields of interest.

17 minutes ago, JV-K said:

Haha I chose the same one as my top pick. That's what's listed now on the portal.

I am really split between GSPIA and NPSIA (and MPPA, but mostly because of the $). I think I'll wait to see funding offers for both and then decide. I got an email today in a response to an email I sent them, telling me informally that I will receive OGS for UOttawa, so that evens the field a bit (as I have it for Carleton). UOttawa has some caps though, so getting OGS ends up not being as much of a perk as at Carleton. After going on LinkedIn today, it looks like NPSIA grads are doing a lot of very cool stuff (and GSPIA too, but there are obviously fewer of them because it's a newer program, so less to get excited about). I'm still worried that NPSIA is too right-leaning for me and the profs at GSPIA look both diverse and fantastic in terms of my fields of interest.

How does the OGS work for Carleton? 

Just now, Duplified said:

You have to apply by December 1st or something like that :/ So no dice until next year unless you already applied.

I applied! I just meant like in terms of funding - if you get a funding offer + an OGS do you get both? 

6 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

How does the OGS work for Carleton? 

Yes, too late to apply now. But if you were asking how it works in terms of scholarship caps, there are none at Carleton. So it's just an extra 10-15K added onto whatever other funding you might get (the offers are given separately), which is awesome. At UOttawa, they lower some other funding if you received OGS, I believe.

3 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

I applied! I just meant like in terms of funding - if you get a funding offer + an OGS do you get both? 

I received an email regarding my OGS status last Wednesday. The funding is run out of the department of grad studies rather than NPSIA itself - if you got accepted for OGS funding, there is a form that needs to be filled out and sent back to the office (contact person is Leslie Main) to ensure that you receive the funding if you decide to go to Carleton.

Edit: Also, I think that OGS is in addition to whatever NPSIA gives you! Not sure if there will be a cap on external funding or not.

Edited by YYCapplicant

Oh! Yeah, I believe so! But I also think that Carleton already processed OGS applications as my finance got one, but I am not 100 per cent sure that it has happened for all of the departments. Also, from what I understand OGS can be transferred within programs (so the OGS could count towards either NPSIA or MPPA). 

2 minutes ago, JV-K said:

Yes, too late to apply now. But if you were asking how it works in terms of scholarship caps, there are none at Carleton. So it's just an extra 10-15K added onto whatever other funding you might get (the offers are given separately), which is awesome. At UOttawa, they lower some other funding if you received OGS, I believe.

Interesting, I haven't heard back so I guess i didn't get it! 

2 minutes ago, Duplified said:

Oh! Yeah, I believe so! But I also think that Carleton already processed OGS applications as my finance got one, but I am not 100 per cent sure that it has happened for all of the departments. Also, from what I understand OGS can be transferred within programs (so the OGS could count towards either NPSIA or MPPA). 

Yes, it can be transferred (I think within the same uni, but if not, at least within the same departments...MPPA <-> NPSIA is possible)