1 minute ago, Norma955 said:

Congratulation! and congrats to everyone who got accepted to the MPPA program!!! You guys all rock and hopefully we will be hearing back from either MUNK and NPSIA this week or the next. I was told by NPSIA that emails will be sent out next week so I am very confused since Tabbath originally told me Monday and to others she has told tomorrow... SO I guess we will find out soon. I called in today and they informally told me I've been accepted into the program.... but I didnt speak Tabbath but to someone else. I still don't know how to feel, I am soo excited! However, I have to choose between NPSIA, GSPIA, and SIDGS.... :( I already know I am going to turn down Munk if I get accepted there as well. 

Hey what's your status on Carleton Central?

Just noticed that 19k won't cover the tuition fees for the full MPPA program. Unfortunate - I was hoping that I would be able to get a full scholarship! Hopefully we hear from NPSIA tomorrow!

9 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Congrats me too!!!! :) Is this a full scholarship for the two years? 

Its more than a full scholarship :) its roughly 8600 per year in tuition. 

Edited by Duplified

2 minutes ago, Duplified said:

Why doesn't it cover it all? From my calculations it was around 8600 per year? Am I missing something? :/ 

Tuition is like 4,666 per semester! 

9,500/per year, divide that by two: 4,750. So essentially, based on how the breakdown your funding (mine was broken down by year/semester), you may only be given a certain amount of money for a certain semester to use!

Edited by Hopeful2017

It changes per year from what I saw and each semester is different? 

So in the first year fall = $4,666.54, first year winter= $3,899.18. First year = $8,565.72.

In the second year it is $4,473.54 in fall and $3,726.18 in winter. So second year is $8,199.72?

If my calculations are right that means tuition is $16,765.44 for the whole program? 

I could be wrong though! But thats just what I was thinking the cost was?

http://carleton.ca/studentaccounts/tuition-fees/fw-gr/fallwinter-2016-17-domestic-graduate-tuition-fees/

If I am wrong let me know haha! I don't want to choose a program and then realize that I am paying more than what I thought.

Edited by Duplified

3 minutes ago, Investigate311 said:

Where does it say that? I also got 19K in funding. Go us. 

It would say in your Statement of Standing of Admission in the Carleton Central portal :) I got departmental scholarships. 

Edited by Duplified

6 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Just got an email from Tabatha!! Got accepted to NPSIA and similarly, am waiting for funding in 5-8 days!!!!!!

Got it too! Awesome stuff!

I am emailing to inform you that your application to the MA International Affairs program at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs has been reviewed. We are pleased to inform you that your application will be recommended for admission into our Full Time MA program for Fall 2017.

OMG!!!!! I GOT INTO NPSIA!!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE WHO GOT ACCEPTED!!!!! I'M LITERALLY JUMPING UP AND DOWN. What a nice email to come home to after a long day of classes!!