16 hours ago, DefeatistElitist said:

I got the email too! I'll see you folks in Ottawa :)  

We should all meet for a few beers when we get there! 

Definitely. Once everyone has received news and made their decisions perhaps we should start Facebook groups to stay in touch and meet up in Ottawa 

39 minutes ago, 13sof said:

Has anyone heard anything from Munk yet? Or has anyone been in contact with their offices and have anything to report? 

They told me early to middle of this week so it should be any day. There could have been a complication on their end but I would imagine that they will send out offers very soon. I've been glued to my email this whole week! 

1 hour ago, JV-K said:

If I "view application details" on the Carleton, there's now a specialization that shows up for my NPSIA app! I don't think that was there before...

Just noticed that mine changed too! Now it has Intelligence and International Affairs as the specialization. Hoping that means I got my first choice.

Wishing everyone luck with Munk!

Edited by LoopyLex

30 minutes ago, LoopyLex said:

Just noticed that mine changed too! Now it has Intelligence and International Affairs as the specialization. Hoping that means I got my first choice.

Wishing everyone luck with Munk!

There is a change on my application too! It says project management and humanitarian aid, anyone else in this cluster?

On my NPSIA app I now see "Specilization: N/A", which I don't think was there before. Hopefully this gets updated soon since others' specializations are showing! Curious what I got.

My specialization updated to "International Economic Policy," and the status is now "Review in Progress by department"

Maybe we'll see formal offers sooner than we thought.

Jeeze Munk keeps playing with my heart! Im just going to try to tell myself that the offers will come when they are ready.... No sense freaking myself out and being unproductive when they must just be a little behind on their timeline?

When I talked to them they sounded certain that the offers would be made early/middle of this week, and someone already got a CERES offer but maybe they are reviewing some of the late applications they said they would accept because of Trump's travel ban and policies? 

Edited by Duplified

I'm hoping to hear back before my deadlines to accept/reject offers...that's my only concern - not getting an offer from GSPIA in time before I have to either accept or reject an offer and not having enough time to really ponder what I want to do/choose. As this decision is pretty big and will impact our lives haha 

5 minutes ago, Duplified said:

Jeeze Munk keep playing with my heart! Im just going to try to tell myself that the offers will come when they are ready.... No sense freaking myself out and being unproductive when they must just be a little behind on their timeline?

When I talked to them they sounded certain that the offers would be made early/middle of this week, and someone already got a CERES offer but maybe they are reviewing some of the late applications they said they would accept because of Trump's travel ban and policies? 

Totally possible. Also, it's only 4 p.m. on Wednesday of this week. 

1 minute ago, Hopeful2017 said:

I'm hoping to hear back before my deadlines to accept/reject offers...that's my only concern - not getting an offer from GSPIA in time before I have to either accept or reject an offer and not having enough time to really ponder what I want to do/choose. As this decision is pretty big and will impact our lives haha 

Same. I have to reply to another university in a couple weeks. 

1 minute ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

So, I got my funding details for my MA Political Science Application I applied for, and got $18,000 in funding (including a T.A position)!!!! Wow, this is gonna make things a bit more complicated.

Wow that's awesome! Congratulations!

Are you thinking of going the Poli Sci route?

Edited by Kaspara

6 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

So, I got my funding details for my MA Political Science Application I applied for, and got $18,000 in funding (including a T.A position)!!!! Wow, this is gonna make things a bit more complicated.

CONGRATS :) !!!!

2 minutes ago, sonsofeasterly said:

NPSIA's offers came in, I'm at just under 20,000.

Wow awesome congrats! Did your status change to review in progress by faculty of post grad affairs today? 

1 minute ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Wow awesome congrats! Did your status change to review in progress by faculty of post grad affairs today? 

The way it shows up is odd. It showed my initial application withdrawn, and then a new application approved with the funding details appended.

11 minutes ago, sonsofeasterly said:

NPSIA's offers came in, I'm at just under 20,000.

Congrats! Looks like it begins. Hopefully the rest of the official offers start pouring in. Did you get an email notification or was it only the change in Carleton Central?