On 07/03/2017 at 10:46 PM, justapersonwhochangednames said:

Hey have you heard from Munk yet?? Is your status still Decision Made?

Hey! I didn't get in, but I only got that after an informal enquiry to the Director of the program. Have you heard anything?

3 minutes ago, cinnamonchai said:

Hey! I didn't get in, but I only got that after an informal enquiry to the Director of the program. Have you heard anything?

I'm sorry to hear that, and thank you for your frankness in posting the response you got about your decision!

I have not heard anything. My status is still Under Review. 

3 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Any updates on NPSIA? I'm still on review in progress since yesterday afternoon.. 

Same. An earlier post said we'd hear by the end of the week though. And we got the emails at like 9pm so I'm not too worried.

Edited by DefeatistElitist

Also, side note question. Is anyone familiar with FSWEP? I finished my undergrad in December and I took on a full-time FSWEP this semester. However, with FSWEP, if you do a full time term, you need to be a "full time student" for the following term, in my case summer. Since I am now a master's level status, I thought that if I did two economics courses + had my proof of full-time master's enrollment - that would suffice. I know for undergrad, full-time is usually 4 courses... but since I'm not an undergrad anymore, I shouldn't have to do four courses to be seen as "full-time" if that makes sense? I've heard that as soon as you accept your master's offer you're seen now as a full-time student - even in the summer. I guess I'm just confused! When I accept my master's, and do two econ courses this summer, am I technically a full-time student now? 

Edited by Hopeful2017

I know in an undergrad, if you do a full-time fswep term, you need to be a full-time student the next term. So I technically I need to be a full-time student this summer. I guess my question is, does me accepting my master's offer make me a full-time student then in the summer? 

Edited by Hopeful2017

10 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

My NPSIA application is still at 'Recommended for Assessment' with no specialization added... Ugh.

Me too. I emailed Tabbatha about it, but I don't expect a reply since she might be busy with other things 

1 hour ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Any updates on NPSIA? I'm still on review in progress since yesterday afternoon.. 

I received my official offer at the end of the day yesterday so it looks like they are trickling in!

1 hour ago, Hopeful2017 said:

I know in an undergrad, if you do a full-time fswep term, you need to be a full-time student the next term. So I technically I need to be a full-time student this summer. I guess my question is, does me accepting my master's offer make me a full-time student then in the summer? 

Hi! I've been creeping this thread for a while now. Munk hopeful and currently employed within FSWEP.

By accepting your master's offer you are a full-time student. You do NOT have to take courses in the summer to qualify. 

Hope this helps :)

GSPIA just told me that they had accidentally labelled my letter of intent as 'resume' which is why my file is still incomplete. Now they say that they are going to correct the mistake and move on to calculating my admissions average and I should hear back before the end of the month. If I hadn't called who knows how much longer it would have taken for them to see that. So anyone who still has an incomplete file, I would suggest calling and asking them to check all your documents. Talk to Nancy, not Daniela though. 

5 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

GSPIA just told me that they had accidentally labelled my letter of intent as 'resume' which is why my file is still incomplete. Now they say that they are going to correct the mistake and move on to calculating my admissions average and I should hear back before the end of the month. If I hadn't called who knows how much longer it would have taken for them to see that. So anyone who still has an incomplete file, I would suggest calling and asking them to check all your documents. Talk to Nancy, not Daniela though. 

YES to your last point!!!!! I thought I was the only one who found Daniela to be really unhelpful. Nancy>>>>>

12 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

SAME. They haven't calculated my admissions average yet either. 0_o 

Hi guys,

I've been creeping for a while and I saw that some of you guys got into Carleton's MPPA a few days ago. I got in yesterday evening with a $15000 scholarship! I'm soo excited! It's my top choice.

I'm still kinda worried about the cost though. I didn't get a TAship or RAship -or at least I don't think so. The Offer of Admission letter mentions them, says my funding package "may be comprised of a Teaching Assistantship and Research Assistantship", but it isn't mentioned in my statement of standing. So I'm 99% sure that means I didn't get it. Do you know if there are other ways to get a TAship? To apply separately for one somehow? Or get on a waitlist? Or to get it in the second year maybe? I'm slightly disappointed because my GPA surpasses the minimum requirement of a 10 point GPA for a TAship in order to qualify by quite a few points. I got a Domestic Entrance Scholarship, which required a 10.5 GPA. So that's surprising I got one but not the other. I think I'm going to email them and as politely as possible ask if there is any alternative way to get a TAship. 

Also, do you guys know if the co-op is ever paid? At other schools it is, but whether or not it is paid is very pointedly not mentioned on the website. That makes me think it is not.

And then there is the 21 days to accept. I won't have heard back from all my schools. What happens if you accept but then later decline? Does anyone know?

Sorry for all the questions lol. You guys may not know. Just thought I would ask.

Edited by Nirenight

25 minutes ago, comeondown said:

Hi! I've been creeping this thread for a while now. Munk hopeful and currently employed within FSWEP.

By accepting your master's offer you are a full-time student. You do NOT have to take courses in the summer to qualify. 

Hope this helps :)

AMAZING! Thank you 

Just an FYI to the MPP people! U of T, even though they said they would make offers on the 10th according to their website, is actually going to make them on the 15th now (according to the admissions person I just talked to). :mellow:

1 minute ago, Duplified said:

Just an FYI to the MPP people! U of T, even though they said they would make offers on the 10th according to their website, is actually going to make them on the 15th now (according to the admissions person I just talked to). :mellow:

Shout-out to Duplified for updating everyone on this. Thanks bud! 

1 hour ago, Nirenight said:

Hi guys,

I've been creeping for a while and I saw that some of you guys got into Carleton's MPPA a few days ago. I got in yesterday evening with a $15000 scholarship! I'm soo excited! It's my top choice.

I'm still kinda worried about the cost though. I didn't get a TAship or RAship -or at least I don't think so. The Offer of Admission letter mentions them, says my funding package "may be comprised of a Teaching Assistantship and Research Assistantship", but it isn't mentioned in my statement of standing. So I'm 99% sure that means I didn't get it. Do you know if there are other ways to get a TAship? To apply separately for one somehow? Or get on a waitlist? Or to get it in the second year maybe? I'm slightly disappointed because my GPA surpasses the minimum requirement of a 10 point GPA for a TAship in order to qualify by quite a few points. I got a Domestic Entrance Scholarship, which required a 10.5 GPA. So that's surprising I got one but not the other. I think I'm going to email them and as politely as possible ask if there is any alternative way to get a TAship. 

Also, do you guys know if the co-op is ever paid? At other schools it is, but whether or not it is paid is very pointedly not mentioned on the website. That makes me think it is not.

And then there is the 21 days to accept. I won't have heard back from all my schools. What happens if you accept but then later decline? Does anyone know?

Sorry for all the questions lol. You guys may not know. Just thought I would ask.

Hi, I can't help with all of this but from what I have heard Carleton is usually quite accommodating in granting an extension on the 21 days if you explain your situation and ask for it :)

My NPSIA application has finally changed from 'Recommended to Assessment' to "Review in Progress in Department' like others! Also, my specialization is my first choice: International Organizations and Global Public Policy!!!!! Yay.

11 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

My NPSIA application has finally changed from 'Recommended to Assessment' to "Review in Progress in Department' like others! Also, my specialization is my first choice: International Organizations and Global Public Policy!!!!! Yay.

Yay! I just checked mine after you posted this lol. Finally! I was getting a bit worried. I got my first choice: Intelligence and International Affairs!