2 hours ago, sonsofeasterly said:

Just for interests sake, now that you've got your offer from NPSIA can you tell if you can stack internal and external? I'm just curious with sshrc coming out at the end of the month. 

The Carleton Scholarships office page indicates that there is no longer a scholarship cap, so it looks like external scholarships can be held in addition to internal funding. I think the main caveat is that OGS and SSHRC cannot be held simultaneously. Here is the link to the OGS FAQ page:

https://gradstudents.carleton.ca/awards-and-funding/external-awards/ogs/

Accepted to NPSIA with 31K in funding! I had no idea they gave out so much money - it sounds like lots of people in this forum received awesome funding offers from them yesterday!!! Congrats to all!

4 hours ago, JV-K said:

Accepted to NPSIA with 31K in funding! I had no idea they gave out so much money - it sounds like lots of people in this forum received awesome funding offers from them yesterday!!! Congrats to all!

Wow! Congrats!!! This a lot of money! Decisions decisions haha

Man, I don't know how you all are getting so much funding! :x International students? Killer GPAs? I only got 6k from GSPIA and I'm afraid NPSIA won't even give that much. Guess I have to wait and see, but it seems I'm going to reeaally be pinching pennies next fall, lol!

21 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

Man, I don't know how you all are getting so much funding! :x International students? Killer GPAs? I only got 6k from GSPIA and I'm afraid NPSIA won't even give that much. Guess I have to wait and see, but it seems I'm going to reeaally be pinching pennies next fall, lol!

I'm just as surprised as you. I got 28K from NPSIA with a 3.77GPA from U of T, very little experience in the field, (I think) really good reference letters and a good personal statement. I honestly was unsure about even getting into the program, let alone getting huge funding.

2 minutes ago, Kaspara said:

I'm just as surprised as you. I got 28K from NPSIA with a 3.77GPA from U of T, very little experience in the field, (I think) really good reference letters and a good personal statement. I honestly was unsure about even getting into the program, let alone getting huge funding.

Oh damn, that sounds pretty similar to me. And I missed the OGS deadline, so... fingers crossed! 

Also, to those who mentioned it earlier - my specialization is still at N/A as well, so not all of us seem to have updated still.

Has anyone heard from Munk yet? The suspense is killing me! Also I'm so surprised with the amount of funding everyone is getting! Probably can't expect anything like that from Munk right?

3 minutes ago, cmmarie said:

Has anyone heard from Munk yet? The suspense is killing me! Also I'm so surprised with the amount of funding everyone is getting! Probably can't expect anything like that from Munk right?

My best guess is funding goes to the strongest applicants first. 

Feel free to email Munk to find out their timeline, and then update us all here! #teameffort

4 minutes ago, cmmarie said:

No word from Munk yet, the suspense is killing me too! I don't think I can go another day without hearing...

I got the unofficial acceptance from tabbatha the other night along with the others that posted here. But my status has not changed from 'recommended for assessment', and my specialization still says N/A. 

Anyone else in the same boat? Wondering if I should be worried... 

6 minutes ago, billballbull said:

I got the unofficial acceptance from tabbatha the other night along with the others that posted here. But my status has not changed from 'recommended for assessment', and my specialization still says N/A. 

I'm in the same boat

Also, GSPIA is seriously annoying me. Like my file has been complete since before before the deadline and I've been told that I would receive an answer almost two weeks ago... and it's like HELLO? 

1 hour ago, billballbull said:

Same boat! It will come in the next couple of days, although I have a feeling funding packages won't be nearly as great as others who already got their official acceptances. But I'll keep my fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, billballbull said:

I am in the same boat - unofficial offer but no official offer yet - but my specialization just changed to conflict analysis and by status from recommended for assessment BACK to review in progress by department where it was before for the last month. Weird 

6 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Hey guys, my specialization changed for NPSIA and now I'm in review in progress by department. This is a good sign! This happened right before i got accepted to the MPPA! 

The same thing just happened for me but 'review in progress by department' is technically a step behind 'recommended for assessment' which i where I was at for the past month. I am just going to assume by this they mean review in progress by fgpa  https://graduate.carleton.ca/apply-online/application-status/ 

Edited by mchutchi

9 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Hey guys, my specialization changed for NPSIA and now I'm in review in progress by department. This is a good sign! This happened right before i got accepted to the MPPA! 

I think there is a good chance. Folks who get their funding offers today might even be part of the same bundle as those who received it yesterday. Keep your fingers crossed. 

23 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Do you think we will still get good funding offers? 

I think there is a good chance. Folks who get their funding offers today might even be part of the same bundle as those who received it yesterday. Keep your fingers crossed.