2 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Congrats everyone! To those stil waiting, the email came pretty late and I'm sure she'll send more tomorrow.

My status is still Recommended for Assessment on Carleton Central. Did everyone get their NPSIA admission emails AFTER their status changed from RfA to Review under Progress by faculty of postgraduate studies?

7 minutes ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

My status is still Recommended for Assessment on Carleton Central. Did everyone get their NPSIA admission emails AFTER their status changed from RfA to Review under Progress by faculty of postgraduate studies?

Mine is "review in progress by department" still; the admission email said that an "official" offer would be sent in 5-8 days through Carleton Central.

12 minutes ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

Mine is still 'recommended for assessment' and yet I have an email from Tabatha. 

I'm honestly so happy. Knowing that I got into NPSIA, even if I don't accept the offer means so much. Arguably considered the best/most recognized IR program in the country (yes I know there's debate) but nonetheless, everyone should give themselves a pat on the back. This is an achievement.

4 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

I'm honestly so happy. Knowing that I got into NPSIA, even if I don't accept the offer means so much. Arguably considered the best/most recognized IR program in the country (yes I know there's debate) but nonetheless, everyone should give themselves a pat on the back. This is an achievement.

Couldn't agree more - congratulations everyone! :-) ...Now I have to choose between GSPIA and NPSIA.... Euh...

1 minute ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

I honestly thought the email was a rejection when I started reading, especially considering the time of day and the fact that the word 'offer' doesn't appear till the second paragraph lmfao. 

Congrats!!!  :):) 

Hi guys!

I'm a little late to joining the party, just found this forum last night while anxiously trying to figure out where the process was at. I was really worried since I've been on "review in progress by department" for some time now. Just got the e-mail for acceptance to NPSIA an hour ago though. Can't wait to meet you all in the fall!

1 minute ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

I honestly thought the email was a rejection when I started reading, especially considering the time of day and the fact that the word 'offer' doesn't appear till the second paragraph lmfao. 

Not going to lie, same. When I saw Tabbatha's name show up in my inbox, especially at this time - I felt like that shook spongebob meme! I had to reread it three times to comprehend the email till I told my parents the news! I am absoloutly elated. But just the fact I have to take micro and macro econ in the summer....... idk how to feel about that 

2 minutes ago, pixiedustxo said:

Not going to lie, same. When I saw Tabbatha's name show up in my inbox, especially at this time - I felt like that shook spongebob meme! I had to reread it three times to comprehend the email till I told my parents the news! I am absoloutly elated. But just the fact I have to take micro and macro econ in the summer....... idk how to feel about that 

I mean this seriously - I did a joint econ degree for my undergrad so if any of you anticipate needing any help with macro/micro over the summer PM me and I'll toss you my facebook contact info. 

I tutored econ on the side while in school so I have no problem helping y'all out if needed :)

Hey guys, just found the forum after receiving the acceptance email from Tabbatha tonight. Beyond stoked! I took micro and macro econ during my undergrad but I'm not sure I received the prerequisite grade or not; I'm assuming they'll tell us when they send us our official offer/funding? What are your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, DefeatistElitist said:

I mean this seriously - I did a joint econ degree for my undergrad so if any of you anticipate needing any help with macro/micro over the summer PM me and I'll toss you my facebook contact info. 

I tutored econ on the side while in school so I have no problem helping y'all out if needed :)

That is so generous! I am definitely PM'ing you! 

8 minutes ago, thebigcheese said:

Now I wish I applied to NPSIA :P

LOL a part of me wishes I applied to gspia. Tbh I have no idea why I didn't. 

Also, does anyone know how many people NPSIA accepts??

Edited by pixiedustxo

1 minute ago, pixiedustxo said:

LOL a part of me wishes I applied to gspia. Tbh I have no idea why I didn't. 

Also, does anyone know how many people NPSIA accepts??

I heard 80!