41 minutes ago, DefeatistElitist said:

I believe it's the same as NPSIA - intro to micro and intro to macro.

The cool thing about GSPIA though is that if you don't take those courses prior to enrollment, you can take a pass/fail course at the start of the program that covers both micro/macro.

If accepted, I believe I will just do it in the summer to get it over with - Carleton has an online micro/macro course. 

6 minutes ago, Duplified said:

22K from Carleton's MPPA program! :D Just got the offer! Im pretty happy

Wow congrats!!! Offer by email or on the portal?

34K for Carleton's MPPA program! I just got an email from them and checked on my online profile. This is going to make for some hard decisions when the time comes...

11 minutes ago, JV-K said:

34K for Carleton's MPPA program! I just got an email from them and checked on my online profile. This is going to make for some hard decisions when the time comes...

WOW THATS GREAT!! Congrats!!

15 minutes ago, JV-K said:

last name? 

2 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

last name? 

Almost right at the end of the alphabet.

6 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

WOW THATS GREAT!! Congrats!!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, JV-K said:

Congrats, that's incredible. When did your application status change from recommended for assessment? 

Edited by Investigate311

1 hour ago, JV-K said:

Congratulations! 

1 hour ago, JV-K said:

Congrats!!! That's so awesome :) Was yours still on recommended for assessment before? I'm kind of freaking out because last week Phil, the admissions coordinator told me he was "recommending my admission" to the faculty of post graduate studies. 

But now, people are getting offers and mine is still on recommended for assessment.. :( 

Thank you for all of the support everyone :) and also congrats @JV-K thats a fantastic funding offer! Did you get offered a TA position? In my letter they offered me departmental scholarships and said there was the potential for a TA position so I assume I'm in line for one if someone declines? Also, @Hopeful2017 I would call the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs and ask them the status of your application. If Phil said he was offering you a spot I am sure you have one! I bet it is just being processed but it might be a good idea to call and check up :) 

Also, as far as my stats, they are nothing special. 3.84/4 for my final 2 years and my cGPA is not great (3.5) as I had a few family health issues during my first two years. I do know that I was given 3 very strong LOR's and also have a pretty strong CV with some good summer work experience in government and the Council of Federation. My statement of intent was pretty solid as well and I spent a good 3 weeks on it with two of my professors. 

I am really happy with the offer, but it makes things pretty interesting now depending on what happens with Munk and the School of Public Policy and Governance at U of T. The offer and the terms of funding do not make any reference to a registration deposit so I do not believe there is one and we have 21 days to accept or decline.

40 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Congrats!!! That's so awesome :) Was yours still on recommended for assessment before? I'm kind of freaking out because last week Phil, the admissions coordinator told me he was "recommending my admission" to the faculty of post graduate studies. 

But now, people are getting offers and mine is still on recommended for assessment.. :( 

1 hour ago, Investigate311 said:

Congrats, that's incredible. When did your application status change from recommended for assessment? 

Mine changed yesterday around 1pm EST from Recommended for Assessment. I'm sure they do the offers one by one, so no need to worry if yours hasn't changed yet...probably just a matter of waiting a few days for them to notify everyone on their list.

8 minutes ago, JV-K said:

Mine changed yesterday around 1pm EST from Recommended for Assessment. I'm sure they do the offers one by one, so no need to worry if yours hasn't changed yet...probably just a matter of waiting a few days for them to notify everyone on their list.

Thanks :( I'll keep everyone posted! I'm going to call the faculty today - fingers crossed

40 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Also, what are you guys stats for the Carleton MPPA program? Those are some solid funding offers.

Undergraduate average around 85-90+%, depending on whether they applied a conversion factor (and if so, what conversion factor) to marks for my 3rd year study abroad. Two very strong LoR, I think, one from a former professor, one from a former work supervisor (she works as a researcher at a university though). 5 years post-undergrad international work experience coordinating research projects, plus about 1 year worth of other relevant work experience during undergrad (2 co-ops with government, TA...).

15 minutes ago, Duplified said:

Thank you for all of the support everyone :) and also congrats @JV-K thats a fantastic funding offer! Did you get offered a TA position? In my letter they offered me departmental scholarships and said there was the potential for a TA position so I assume I'm in line for one if someone declines? Also, @Hopeful2017 I would call the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs and ask them the status of your application. If Phil said he was offering you a spot I am sure you have one! I bet it is just being processed but it might be a good idea to call and check up :) 

Also, as far as my stats, they are nothing special. 3.84/4 for my final 2 years and my cGPA is not great (3.5) as I had a few family health issues during my first two years. I do know that I was given 3 very strong LOR's and also have a pretty strong CV with some good summer work experience in government and the Council of Federation. My statement of intent was pretty solid as well and I spent a good 3 weeks on it with two of my professors. 

I am really happy with the offer, but it makes things pretty interesting now depending on what happens with Munk and the School of Public Policy and Governance at U of T. The offer and the terms of funding do not make any reference to a registration deposit so I do not believe there is one and we have 21 days to accept or decline.

Congrats to you too!!! Yes, I did get offered a TA position for both years of the program.

1 hour ago, JV-K said:

Mine just changed to "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs "