Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

Does anyone know if all Rutgers invites have gone out?

I saw three posts from Rutgers students who received emails from POI and wondering if I still have a chance.

Also based on the forums it seems that Fordham, Columbia, U Penn, Drexel, Temple, Harvard, Yale, Stony Brook have all been extended???

Also, I only saw one Hofstra interview.. anyone know anything about that...?

2 minutes ago, Psyc Student said:

Does anyone know if all Rutgers invites have gone out?

I saw three posts from Rutgers students who received emails from POI and wondering if I still have a chance.

Also based on the forums it seems that Fordham, Columbia, U Penn, Drexel, Temple, Harvard, Yale, Stony Brook have all been extended???

Also, I only saw one Hofstra interview.. anyone know anything about that...?

There was a post on this thread yesterday that Rutgers interviews were going to be extended yesterday but none of us heard anything and nothing was posted. 

I haven't seen any Harvard interviews extended at all. 

9 minutes ago, stereopticons said:

There was a post on this thread yesterday that Rutgers interviews were going to be extended yesterday but none of us heard anything and nothing was posted. 

I haven't seen any Harvard interviews extended at all. 

My friend heard from Rutgers a few days ago (not sure if it was a mass email) so they could have gone out already.

8 minutes ago, 8BitJourney said:

My friend heard from Rutgers a few days ago (not sure if it was a mass email) so they could have gone out already.

My understanding was that some POIs had contacted some (but maybe not all) applicants and that the rest were supposed to go out yesterday. May not be accurate. May have happened and I did not get one. I'm just holding on to tiny slivers of hope.

7 minutes ago, stereopticons said:

My understanding was that some POIs had contacted some (but maybe not all) applicants and that the rest were supposed to go out yesterday. May not be accurate. May have happened and I did not get one. I'm just holding on to tiny slivers of hope.

True, they may not have all gone out but this process has blackened my heart too much to hold onto hope XD If i'm not in the first wave of notifications then I cross it off the list!

ETA: the interview days are coming up fast I think. I know one is on the 10th and maybe 2 others that week?

Edited by 8BitJourney

Its my top choice I so so so badly wanted an interview. Whats your thoughts on reaching out to POI asking if all interview offers have been extended? POI had responded to my original letter very positively so this is really confusing for me. 

4 hours ago, PsychM said:

Hello! Has anyone heard from the University of Rhode Island yet? If so, would you be kind enough to PM me the initials of your POI? Also, congratulations to those of you that have received interview invitations to UMass Boston! Would you be kind enough to PM me the initials of your POI? Thank you so much! Good luck to everyone! :]

I heard back from Rhode Island earlier today. The invite came from two graduate coordinators and didn't mention anything specific about my specific POI's but I can PM if you'd like!

31 minutes ago, Psyc Student said:

Its my top choice I so so so badly wanted an interview. Whats your thoughts on reaching out to POI asking if all interview offers have been extended? POI had responded to my original letter very positively so this is really confusing for me. 

Its always good to message the department first (like the coordinator or secretary) to see if all invites have gone out. If they don't know then MAYBE email your POI. If you have another offer and its on the same day email stating that and that you would really like to keep that day free for your top choice. I would wait till tomorrow afternoon or Monday though.

A friendly reminder to everyone to please post here (http://thegradcafe.com/survey/post.php)

whenever you receive any interview OR admissions offers! I'm sure a lot of us are holding out hope if we don't see any posts on there, so it'd be helpful to have as many people as possible posting this information in the same place.

Best of luck to everyone! :)

If anyone is waiting out on Boston University, I wouldn't lose all hope until at least tomorrow. I was discouraged on Wednesday when I saw a big batch of BU posts go out, and was shocked/super excited to get an interview offer via email from my POI this afternoon. My POI is huge in our field, so this is an incredible honor. ?

1 hour ago, Clinapp2017 said:

If anyone is waiting out on Boston University, I wouldn't lose all hope until at least tomorrow. I was discouraged on Wednesday when I saw a big batch of BU posts go out, and was shocked/super excited to get an interview offer via email from my POI this afternoon. My POI is huge in our field, so this is an incredible honor. ?

Congrats!!

14 hours ago, Slothanos15 said:

Haven't seen anything on the admissions/interviews updates for Illinois Institute of Technology, but interviews in past years have gone out around this time. Any updates? Thanks!

I am waiting on them as well, I saw in the past that the interviews had gone out over a week ago, so maybe they are just delayed. There is one POI there that is a very good fit for me. What do you think of there funding situation? I read that they only cover half and its a $50K a year program (super high for a clinical PhD.) Have you heard anything about being funded completely through other grants?