When will we hear!!!!

3 hours ago, sapphireskies said:

It wasn't so bad. I would say it's about 30 mins, maybe 45 mins! Dr. Rubenstein, who is the clinic director, is a pleasure to speak with and I felt comfortable the entire time. It is a chance for them to get to know you. You basically just talk about yourself and why you decided a career in speech pathology was for you. She asks you to talk about an observation (e.g. goals, what the clinician did..) and she talks to you a little more about the program itself. She really is great and you can tell she loves her students and the program. 

That doesn't seem so terrible! Btw, I graduated from Binghamton in 2015!!

34 minutes ago, CLCD said:

I just found out (via email) that I was accepted to Florida State University (online)! It's my first acceptance! I AM CRYING TEARS OF HAPPINESS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Good luck everyone! 

Congratulations! I also cried tears of happiness today as I was afraid my lack of experience would get me, but I was pleasantly surprised! 

Good luck to everyone! Sending positive vibes. 

1 hour ago, plume said:

YOU GUYS!!!! I GOT AN INTERVIEW AT EMERSON!!!! I DIDN'T THINK THIS WAS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!! AHH!

CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm hoping all this good news will rub off on me :lol:

I've been accepted into UT-Dallas's program (3 February)! I'm so excited, it was my top choice and I went and visited this week and it was great. Dr. Stillman is a super kind soul and I'm really excited for my first acceptance!!! Good luck to everyone! :)

All of this good news!! Yay everyone! I'm so happy for you :)

The closest I've been to hearing is getting an interview w/ Central Michigan University, which I'm so excited (and terrified) about!!

On 2/2/2017 at 2:27 PM, sapphireskies said:

It wasn't so bad. I would say it's about 30 mins, maybe 45 mins! Dr. Rubenstein, who is the clinic director, is a pleasure to speak with and I felt comfortable the entire time. It is a chance for them to get to know you. You basically just talk about yourself and why you decided a career in speech pathology was for you. She asks you to talk about an observation (e.g. goals, what the clinician did..) and she talks to you a little more about the program itself. She really is great and you can tell she loves her students and the program. 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I have an interview at the end of the month and I'm so happy to hear that she was a pleasure to interview with. Last thing I would need is to feel under a lot more pressure than I already do ?

Does anyone know if Syracuse is rolling out a couple phone interview invites..? I think they've done that the past two years (so I don't want to lose hope) but I didn't receive a phone interview the first round... 

On 1/24/2017 at 8:37 PM, k_kismet said:

definitely! I'm actually going for a visit this Monday to meet and talk with him in person!!!!! I'm excited but nervous, he seems like such a great person though. I'm feeling confident about admission, just really hoping I can score some funding. Thank you again 10000 times over for telling me to email him, it may make a huge difference!

Hi K_kismet! I am going to visit UT Dallas in a few weeks. I was wondering what you wore to visit campus. Business casual? or Jeans and a t-shirt? 

On 2/16/2017 at 10:36 PM, SpeechLaedy said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I have an interview at the end of the month and I'm so happy to hear that she was a pleasure to interview with. Last thing I would need is to feel under a lot more pressure than I already do ?

Of course! Good luck. No pressure at all. Just be your honest and sincere self. 

On 2/9/2017 at 7:41 PM, Chai Tea Latte said:

I too have an interview with West Texas :)

Awesome! How did it go? & congrats on getting accepted into Nebraska! :)

39 minutes ago, tvl said:

Awesome! How did it go? & congrats on getting accepted into Nebraska! :)

Thank you!

It was alright. I was unprepared and felt like I was babbling but whatevs! There were three people on the other end and they take notes as you speak. It went by really quick, maybe 10 minutes or less.

Edited by Chai Tea Latte

7 hours ago, lindsay359 said:

Hi K_kismet! I am going to visit UT Dallas in a few weeks. I was wondering what you wore to visit campus. Business casual? or Jeans and a t-shirt? 

I wore a dress! Just a pretty casual long-sleeve, knee length dress from Forever21 and some cute booties. Nothing too fancy!:) 

Good Luck!

On 2/4/2017 at 9:33 AM, k_kismet said:

I've been accepted into UT-Dallas's program (3 February)! I'm so excited, it was my top choice and I went and visited this week and it was great. Dr. Stillman is a super kind soul and I'm really excited for my first acceptance!!! Good luck to everyone! :)

Hey! So I got an email from UT-Dallas saying that i needed to send in my official transcripts in order for my application to be processed. Did this happen to you? I thought we didn't need them until we were accepted?

13 hours ago, katelynmarie said:

Hey! So I got an email from UT-Dallas saying that i needed to send in my official transcripts in order for my application to be processed. Did this happen to you? I thought we didn't need them until we were accepted?

Ya, this is just an official email from the school itself. You don't need to do that until you receive an email (most likely from Dr. Stillman) about the status of your acceptance. Don't worry about this! :) Once you are officially admitted you will have to send it that and a few other documents.