Waitlist Thread

hector549

I'd have to visit each and do more research on ND before I could figure that one out. Each has some reasons for and against (UCR does more action, ND looks like it does more metaphysics, I spent undergrad at a religious university in Indiana and I kinda want something different, South Bend is more affordable than Riverside, ND has fewer students, ND is in the top 20, USC is near other high quality schools.) On the bright side, if I get accepted after the visit day for ND, it's only about an hour away by car, so making a visit would be easy enough.

Waitlisted at Syracuse! This is my top pick left (given that my MA thesis was on Fred Beiser). If you are planning to accept other offers, please let them know. Syracuse is my dream school for my dissertation -- not that the preferences of a stranger on the internet will persuade anyone anyways, but had to say it regardless!

43 minutes ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

Waitlisted at Syracuse! This is my top pick left (given that my MA thesis was on Fred Beiser). If you are planning to accept other offers, please let them know. Syracuse is my dream school for my dissertation -- not that the preferences of a stranger on the internet will persuade anyone anyways, but had to say it regardless!

Congrats! Did they say where you were on the list? I'm curious why we're not seeing more waitlists reported. I'm hoping more will be released today and tomorrow (as they usually release over two days). 

2 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

Congrats! Did they say where you were on the list? I'm curious why we're not seeing more waitlists reported. I'm hoping more will be released today and tomorrow (as they usually release over two days). 

Indicated that it's a ranked waitlist but didn't release info about my spot. The supervisor with whom I wanted to work thought well of my sample - that was the only info I got, so hopefully that counts for something

6 minutes ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

Thanks! I am the "side-bitch" applicant, as it were. 

I think this is the first time I've actually laughed out loud at a post on here. Congrats on your success and hope you get an offer at Syracuse in the end of all this! (Or preferably a bit before the end ;))

4 hours ago, zalvane said:

also waitlisted at purdue; waiting to hear back if they can say anything about relative location

was told im high on the waitlist but that there are a lot of applicants with my interest (continental). woohoo!

6 hours ago, goldenstardust11 said:

I think this is the first time I've actually laughed out loud at a post on here. Congrats on your success and hope you get an offer at Syracuse in the end of all this! (Or preferably a bit before the end ;))

yo thanks! Looks like you are cleaning up nicely - six admits! Any ideas about what offer you'll take?

On 2/27/2017 at 8:06 PM, zalvane said:

was told im high on the waitlist but that there are a lot of applicants with my interest (continental). woohoo!

Congrats for being high on the list at Purdue. I hope that the waitlist gets a lot of movement, since I'm hoping to come off it (my AOI is not continental, though)

Edited by Turretin