Waitlist Thread

hector549

1 hour ago, Electric Anxiety said:

Waitlisted at University of Oklahoma! Super excited after being shutout in the 2015 season! 

Congrats! I did my master's there, and I loved the department. Who, if you don't mind me asking, are you thinking of working with?

4 hours ago, panpsychist said:

Congrats! I did my master's there, and I loved the department. Who, if you don't mind me asking, are you thinking of working with?

Awesome! If I get accepted I'll definitely contact you about details. 

I'm primarily interested in working with Amy Olberding, but so many members of the department intrigue me. 

3 hours ago, Electric Anxiety said:

Awesome! If I get accepted I'll definitely contact you about details. 

I'm primarily interested in working with Amy Olberding, but so many members of the department intrigue me. 

Amy is one of the sharpest persons I've ever seen. 

I was just wait-listed at University of Maryland. I'm apparently the "number two philosophy of mind candidate on our waitlist." The e-mail says they'll likely make an offer later (if movement on the waitlist in the past is any indicator). I'll likely turn them down given the acceptance from Wisconsin–Madison, but I'll wait to see if it becomes an actual offer of acceptance first. 

Anyone else wait-listed?

Edited by LennyBound

9 hours ago, BLESW said:

Just saw two UCSD waitlists....anyone claiming that? I thought they don't use waitlist (that's what they say on their website)

yeah, that's weird..it's explicitly said on the website.

13 hours ago, majorshake said:

Cool - thanks for the info!

I guess that confirms it's a no from them for me ;(

well, who knows, it still might be the case that they have other applicants on the waitlist that they didn't contact to interview -- they can only conduct so many interviews, since they're costly and time-consuming. so, I wouldn't lose hope yet :P

44 minutes ago, SteveZissou said:

I'm assuming I am on a WL of some kind at UCLA, as I have neither received a rejection or acceptance.

same here... maybe they will send out more rejections tomorrow?