2010 Religion PhD Results

getmeout

What were your applied to programs at Yale and areas of emphasis? (those of you rejected)

Philosophy of Religion was my first disciplinary track. Theology was my second.

I hope you fare better than the rest of us. Keep us posted.

No one's heard anything from Marquette PhD or Boston University ThD, right? :blink:

JulesM,

I apologize - I originally missed the BU part of your previous question. I heard from BU's ThD program at the beginning of Feb with a letter of acceptance. Maybe no word means you're on a waitlist at BU. Any thoughts on what's exciting to you about this program would be interesting - I'm very excited about a ThD but still trying to weigh the merits given the competitive academic atmosphere.

Edited by Gus

still no word from union, drew, or temple. i don't think that's a good thing.

If Drew's response doesn't show up soon, you should e-mail the admissions folks. My understanding is that the responses all went out in the mail at the same time.

Union's rejection came to me on Saturday, but I'm in NJ, so mail gets here fast. Seems like they e-mailed their acceptances.

Still waiting on Temple here too. Admissions office told me last week there were still several more meetings to go and that it could be a couple of weeks.

If Drew's response doesn't show up soon, you should e-mail the admissions folks. My understanding is that the responses all went out in the mail at the same time.

Union's rejection came to me on Saturday, but I'm in NJ, so mail gets here fast. Seems like they e-mailed their acceptances.

Still waiting on Temple here too. Admissions office told me last week there were still several more meetings to go and that it could be a couple of weeks.

Well this is the email I got today: "Thank you for your email -- and for your application to the Graduate Division of Religion! Letters are in the mail to applicants today; you should receive your letter within a few days. Please let us know if you have further questions; we look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards, GDR Admissions"

I guess we'll see... :unsure: