Hey, quick question for anyone -- when formatting the SoP do you need to put the full address of the program and include the attn: graduate admissions  part? 

So far I have just put the title and program centered in the header, but not sure if that is sufficient...

Statement of Purpose

Masters of Public Health

University name

Edited by HRAEMPH

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Inkblaze said:

Hey everyone! I applied to 4 schools (first time applying for a Masters):

McGill MscPH, UBC MPH, SFU MPH Population Health, and UofT Health Promotion. 

Anyone else anxiously waiting for McGill or heard back already? 

Still waiting to hear back from McGill as well! Hoping it's sometime soon!

3 hours ago, Inkblaze said:

Also waiting for McGill too!

11 hours ago, Inkblaze said:

Also waiting for McGill, but I applied for the OH program not MPH

5 hours ago, Sonal01 said:

Has anyone started getting the admission results for MPH 2018? 

Anxiously waiting for results from U o A, univ of Saskatchewan and sfu

Hey! I also applied to U of A and SFU. Based on U of A website, applicants will be informed by mid-April.

When I was applying to SFU back in October, the graduate program secretary said in her email, "Admissions are usually completed by March.  At that time, applicants will be notified whether they are admitted, declined or waitlisted."

Based on previous forums, U of A sends out decisions closer to April and SFU starts sending out 1st or 2nd week of March. Hoping there will be no delays this year.

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by thaniecs

16 hours ago, thaniecs said:

Hey! I also applied to U of A and SFU. Based on U of A website, applicants will be informed by mid-April.

When I was applying to SFU back in October, the graduate program secretary said in her email, "Admissions are usually completed by March.  At that time, applicants will be notified whether they are admitted, declined or waitlisted."

Based on previous forums, U of A sends out decisions closer to April and SFU starts sending out 1st or 2nd week of March. Hoping there will be no delays this year.

Good luck to everyone!

12 hours ago, Sonal01 said:

Have you taken or taking any statistics course for sfu? I had statistics in my high school in India but don’t know how to show it as there is no description of statistics in those results.. any suggestions? 

I have taken statistics (and biostats) in my undergraduate. I believe they only accept college courses. 

19 minutes ago, openarms said:

Congrats to everyone that received some good news! I still haven't received anything and my file still says "in review". Does that mean a waitlist or rejection? If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great. Thanks in advance! 

My uApply status also shows "in review". I only got an email saying that they will recommend me to GSP for the formal admission offer.

21 minutes ago, openarms said:

Congrats to everyone that received some good news! I still haven't received anything and my file still says "in review". Does that mean a waitlist or rejection? If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great. Thanks in advance! 

I haven't received anything from McGill as well. I hope there's a second round of offers

Congrats to everyone on their offer today from McGill!

I applied for McGill's MSc in Epidemiology. When was the application deadline for the MScPH program? Just trying to figure out if early offers are possible for epi as well. 

11 minutes ago, blind_faith said:

Congrats to everyone on their offer today from McGill!

I applied for McGill's MSc in Epidemiology. When was the application deadline for the MScPH program? Just trying to figure out if early offers are possible for epi as well. 

I also got an offer from McGill's MScPH!!!!

Their deadline for apps was Dec 15.

8 hours ago, ignito said:

I haven't received anything from McGill as well. I hope there's a second round of offers

When I emailed the office earlier last month they told me we should hear back by mid-March, that makes me assume that there should be more offers later?

Good luck!

I just got an interview call. Does anyone know what the Toronto mph ( occupational and environmental) interview is like? 

I asked about the structure of the interview but haven't heard back yet. Anybody else get called for an interview? 

Edited by bkletonia