Emailed Queen's MPH. They have sent out first round of offers. I was told that they are not sending out second round of offers anytime soon. I am not sure if I am waitlisted or rejected. Is anybody else in a similar situation with Queens MPH?

Edited by Daisies18

9 hours ago, futurejdmph said:

source / reason for this guess?

Hello! Bit of a lurker here that's checking this page with increasing frequency as April approaches… I searched the MPH Fall 2017 page and noticed that the earliest SFU offer was March 8, and the first UBC offer March 13. Let the REAL nervous waiting begin! (I applied for UBC and SFU Population Health Science). 

1 hour ago, mph2018w said:

Waterloo applicants - Is it safe to assume a rejection is coming if we haven't received an acceptance/waitlist email? 

I am waiting for Waterloo too, under my Quest account it says no decision has been made yet.

Has anyone gotten an acceptance from Waterloo?

2 hours ago, emilywpg said:

Hello! Bit of a lurker here that's checking this page with increasing frequency as April approaches… I searched the MPH Fall 2017 page and noticed that the earliest SFU offer was March 8, and the first UBC offer March 13. Let the REAL nervous waiting begin! (I applied for UBC and SFU Population Health Science). 

This is the same reasoning I used. And this is why I assume UofT offers won’t be until April as well. 

1 hour ago, AniSabi said:

I am waiting for Waterloo too, under my Quest account it says no decision has been made yet.

Has anyone gotten an acceptance from Waterloo?

They have sent out acceptances. What they said to me is that applicants who were in touch with supervisors and other first round offers have been given out. They are waiting to hear back to send out a second round. It's safe to assume that we've been waitlisted or will soon receive a rejection. 

3 hours ago, Daisies18 said:

Emailed Queen's MPH. They have sent out first round of offers. I was told that they are not sending out second round of offers anytime soon. I am not sure if I am waitlisted or rejected. Is anybody else in a similar situation with Queens MPH?

I am in the same situation as well. I haven't heard from them yet and I don't see any offers made on the Queen's acceptance page either so I'm just waiting to see what happens. 

I've also been in touch with Western. They said they will not be sending out first round offers until Mid-April. 

Edited by goalsforgradschool

44 minutes ago, goalsforgradschool said:

They have sent out acceptances. What they said to me is that applicants who were in touch with supervisors and other first round offers have been given out. They are waiting to hear back to send out a second round. It's safe to assume that we've been waitlisted or will soon receive a rejection. 

Are you talking for the MScPH program? Because the MPH program at Waterloo does not have supervisors.  I received my acceptance last year on March 9th and was one of the first here on Gradcafe.

3 hours ago, emilywpg said:

Do you think this applies to all MPH streams at SFU i.e. the Social Inequities and Health Stream? Ahhh the waiting game is a difficult one.

9 minutes ago, neonlily said:

Are you talking for the MScPH program? Because the MPH program at Waterloo does not have supervisors.  I received my acceptance last year on March 9th and was one of the first here on Gradcafe.

Yes! You're right! Sorry, I totally forgot that there are two programs

I just got an email from Waterloo saying that admission status (Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected) will be updated in late March and they are still in the process of reviewing applications.

7 hours ago, mph2018w said:

Waterloo applicants - Is it safe to assume a rejection is coming if we haven't received an acceptance/waitlist email? 

seems  too early to think that!

26 minutes ago, EmPeeAych said:

Just got my acceptance for SFU MPH population health! Also got McGill MScPH a while back. 

If anyone has any comments about either program and can help me make an informed decision I would love that!

I remember seeing your username in the thread last year - Congratulations on both of your acceptances! :) 

1 hour ago, l8duong said:

seems  too early to think that!

Thats what I thought too but I called the school this morning and they said they had sent out acceptances! Here's hoping they will send out another round of offers soon. 

33 minutes ago, EmPeeAych said:

Just got my acceptance for SFU MPH population health! Also got McGill MScPH a while back. 

If anyone has any comments about either program and can help me make an informed decision I would love that!

Congratulations!! I would love to hear what your credentials look like and where did you find out? My application status has not been updated at all and just simply says submitted. 

47 minutes ago, mph2018w said:

Thats what I thought too but I called the school this morning and they said they had sent out acceptances! Here's hoping they will send out another round of offers soon. 

Is it for MscPH or MPH? Because Waterloo replied to my email today and said that the MPH application status will be updated at the end of March. Right now they are still reviewing the applications.

Edited by AniSabi

22 hours ago, Oski said:

Also applied to UBC and UofT, still waiting to hear back! Did someone mention that the first round for UofT Epi acceptances were late April last year? 

They will likely send unofficial acceptances some time in mid-April, and then the official one typically follows about 3-4 weeks after that. Basically, the program admission committee make their decisions (and send out the unofficial offers), but since they have to go through the School of Grad Studies at U of T to make things official, that's partly where the delay is coming from. I liked this method though, because usually other schools don't send out any decisions until it has gone through their graduate studies department, which of course slow things down. At the same time, U of T also pretty much sends out the acceptances last compared to other schools anyways haha. Best of luck! 

2 hours ago, AniSabi said:

Is it for MscPH or MPH? Because Waterloo replied to my email today and said that the MPH application status will be updated at the end of March. Right now they are still reviewing the applications.

MPH! That's good to know, thanks for clarifying!