21 minutes ago, goldenblue said:

It sounds like you came back super focused - Best of luck to you this time around! For the MPH, it says "Letters start to go out in March and can still be going out until May." MAY!! And no supervisor needed for the MPH since it is practicum-based. Students are matched with Advisors instead who help with course selections and practicum placements.

Best of luck to you too! May is SO long! But makes sense why i got my rejection in April. MSc is interesting but quantitatively based therefore not sure if I will get in. I actually have a grade below the requirement but hoping my experience, supervisor and interests make up for it. Or perhaps enough that they offer me conditional upon completion of another stats course. Who knows! If I dont get in this year, will think about taking the GRE :(

First time applicant here. I just got accepted to Lakehead (distance; Northern & Indigenous specialization) and got called by Alberta to ask if I still wanted to go there after they changed their program this year to require a course on campus. I'm located in BC so I had to say no. Still waiting on Memorial.

I'm a mature student and have been working in research in health for a while now.

FYI to anyone else who applied to the same Lakehead program as me; I have until April 3rd to accept my offer.

Currently (impatiently) waiting for UBC (so that I can response to SFU by next Tuesday!), and anticipating a response from U of T and U Alberta later in April. I feel your pain everyone… my email provider is going to kick me out for checking so often!! 

7 minutes ago, emilywpg said:

Currently (impatiently) waiting for UBC (so that I can response to SFU by next Tuesday!), and anticipating a response from U of T and U Alberta later in April. I feel your pain everyone… my email provider is going to kick me out for checking so often!! 

Me too! Which UBC program did you apply for? Have you emailed them to inquire?

Feeling nervous since I haven't heard from SFU. I was rejected there last year, about a week after everyone else heard. Many people heard back a week ago, so I'm expecting a rejection any day now. 
Apart from SFU, I am still waiting on UBC, UAlberta, and Western. It seems like UBC might release results very soon, based on the past few years' forums.

Applied to a couple of public policy programs as backups (one of my career goals is to work as a policy analyst) and was accepted to both, so I'm feeling good about those options!

Good luck to everyone waiting!

1 hour ago, emilywpg said:

Does SFU require a response to their admission offer by next Tuesday? Maybe after that they'll do another round of admissions...

1 hour ago, mphcanada said:

Did anyone else apply to Western? We wont hear back until April, but I'm just wondering how competitive it is considering it is a relatively new program and tuition is quite high. 

I also applied to western. I currently go to western for my undergrad in my last year so I have talk to many admissions officers for the program and listened to many presentations. It is VERY competitive apparently. They receive a very high volume of applications, and accept a high number of heath professionals. Although they have many applicants with high GPA's it does sound like they strongly consider statement of intent as well. 

1 hour ago, mph2018w said:

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if rejections/waitlist have already been sent out for Waterloo?

This wait is making me so anxious. 

I am anxiously waiting too, I have applied for both MPH and MHE there. It sounds like some people have received rejections, although haven't heard anything about acceptances or waitlist. My portal still says no decision has been made. 

3 hours ago, MPHAppHopeful said:

Received a rejection from Waterloo this morning :( 

I hope anyone else who applied fares better than I did. 

I am sorry to hear that. 

Did you receive an email saying that, or did you just happen to check your quest portal. I am still anxiously waiting. 

1 hour ago, yegMPH said:

Feeling nervous since I haven't heard from SFU. I was rejected there last year, about a week after everyone else heard. Many people heard back a week ago, so I'm expecting a rejection any day now. 
Apart from SFU, I am still waiting on UBC, UAlberta, and Western. It seems like UBC might release results very soon, based on the past few years' forums.

Applied to a couple of public policy programs as backups (one of my career goals is to work as a policy analyst) and was accepted to both, so I'm feeling good about those options!

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Which policy programs did you apply to? I also am interested in this and might pursue this next year if I do not get into UBC again.

56 minutes ago, SMPH said:

I am anxiously waiting too, I have applied for both MPH and MHE there. It sounds like some people have received rejections, although haven't heard anything about acceptances or waitlist. My portal still says no decision has been made. 

Waterloo has sent out some acceptances already, and will be sending another round in the last week of March! Rejections have been sent out too so I'm wondering if this means you're most likely waitlisted if we haven't heard anything yet or if rejections are being sent out as they review the applications? 

On 2018-03-13 at 2:48 PM, ChelMPH said:

Has anyone heard anything from Saskatchewan? My status has been the same since I submitted my application. Also from Manitoba? I know they said they would start sending out acceptances/rejections in March?

Hello, 

For USASK, on the website, it said they would start sending responses ending of February. I found this quite confusing since the deadline for the program was February 28th.

Edited by sheisgreat

5 hours ago, Mph17 said:

For those of you who applied to Saskatchewan, I vaguely remember them saying they would send out early acceptance offers at the end of February... Can someone confirm this? 

Also has anyone heard anything from McMaster, UT, UVic, or Western? 

Yes, they did say by ending of February, offers would begin.

2 hours ago, hannahebb said:

Does SFU require a response to their admission offer by next Tuesday? Maybe after that they'll do another round of admissions...

I received my acceptance March 6 and have 2 weeks to respond.. so personally yes! I think most people who have been accepted received theirs right around then too. 

2 hours ago, vancouverrunner said:

Which policy programs did you apply to? I also am interested in this and might pursue this next year if I do not get into UBC again.

I applied to the Carleton MPPA and the SFU MPP. If you want to chat more about policy programs, feel free to PM me!

5 hours ago, SMPH said:

I am sorry to hear that. 

Did you receive an email saying that, or did you just happen to check your quest portal. I am still anxiously waiting. 

I received an email this morning. I'm hoping you'll have better success with your application, fingers crossed!