17 minutes ago, goalsforgradschool said:

Me too! Mine is stuck at "Application Complete" and the status hasn't changed since they sent out acceptances. 

Hi,

I contacted my program administrator and she told me I was wait listed. It still shows the same thing for me on the portal though. Not trying to scare you, but try contacting them if you haven't yet :) 

11 minutes ago, TOmppaapplicant said:

Hi,

I contacted my program administrator and she told me I was wait listed. It still shows the same thing for me on the portal though. Not trying to scare you, but try contacting them if you haven't yet :) 

I figured that it was because I was waitlisted, otherwise I would have received a refusal. I'll email them and ask :) 

1 hour ago, NovaTerra said:

According to my epi prof who sits in the admissions committee, they send out offers of admission to a few applicants (early admission), and those applicants have to make a decision by a certain date (they give applicants 2 weeks to decide, but lets use April 1st as an example). After April 1st, the admissions committee will count how many spots they have left in the program and send more offers based on the space they have left. Then they keep doing this until they get the amount of students they want in the program. Official rejections will come afterwards.

That is to say that you haven't been rejected yet. But my advice is that you should assume that you've been rejected and start planning your summer and fall to improve your CV (e.g. find employment related to your field, get published, etc.). I'm doing the same since I didn't get in the first wave of UofT epi

Saying that people are already rejected when admissions just started going out is not the attitude you should have. That's pretty discouraging to people who may have worked very hard and applied. You don't work on the admissions board, you cant say people should assume they're rejected.

34 minutes ago, pancakes8 said:

Saying that people are already rejected when admissions just started going out is not the attitude you should have. That's pretty discouraging to people who may have worked very hard and applied. You don't work on the admissions board, you cant say people should assume they're rejected.

Personally, I think it is best to hope for the best, but plan for the worst.  Applicants haven’t been rejected yet, since only the first wave of acceptances have been sent out, but, as a UofT MPH grad, I think it is best to consider yourself on a wait list right now if you haven’t received an acceptance.  Putting your life on hold because you haven’t yet been accepted or rejected is not a good idea.  Planning for the future, in case you are rejected, is the best approach.

I’m still waiting on a decision from Queen’s re: two PhD programs. If I assumed I would be accepted, I wouldn’t be doing anything right now to improve my application or to ensure that I remain licensed as a registered dietitian.  As I don’t have an answer yet, I am proceeding as if I were rejected (even though I haven’t been), and securing myself employment in my field so that I can maintain my registration.

I think it’s good advice to start planning for the future, in case an acceptance doesn’t come through.  If people later receive an acceptance, that’s awesome!  But I think it is very important to have back-up plans.  I was fortunate to receive admission to UofT’s MPH on the first day of acceptances, but I already had three other back-up plans prepared (including an acceptance to an MSc program) in case the MPH didn’t happen.  I think that’s prudent planning.  YMMV of course.  I like to plan and to have back-up plans so that I’m not left in limbo. Others may prefer to wait and see what happens before making alternate plans.

28 minutes ago, Sonal01 said:

Has any one heard from univ of Alberta for mph in global health ? Still waiting for my results but eager to know if any one has got offer in global health..

I'm also waiting to hear back for MPH Global health

4 hours ago, ChelMPH said:

Congrats!! Did they email you to check the portal for your decision?

Thank you!

No, they sent me an email with a letter attached reccomending me for admission. 

I checked the portal and my applications is still pending there. Nothing has changed.

11 minutes ago, Rhcesar said:

Thank you!

No, they sent me an email with a letter attached reccomending me for admission. 

I checked the portal and my applications is still pending there. Nothing has changed.

Oh weird with the portal still saying pending! But thank you for the information

3 hours ago, pancakes8 said:

The person I replied to specifically asked, "is it reasonable to assume that if I haven't heard back yet it's likely a rejection?". And I answered their question.

I don't work in the admissions committee and nor do you, but preparing for the worst outcome is the best thing anyone could do in this situation. Talking about stuff like this is literally one of the main purposes of this entire forum.

3 hours ago, MaiR1 said:

Do you know if this is only for epi or also for other mph streams?

Sorry, I have no clue. I'm guessing it might be different since different programs have different student quotas, so some programs may be stricter or more liberal with sending out offers.

Congrats to those who received an offer! Let me know if you have any questions about the MPH Epidemiology program at U of T. To others who are on the waitlist or haven't heard back yet, best of luck :)

Edited by And1

7 hours ago, vancouverrunner said:

I also did! What are the odds of getting in? I asked the program admin and she said she wouldnt know until around May.

I wish I knew the odds, there seems to be quite a few people on this forum that got waitlisted (saw about 4 posts)!

Any news from Victoria? I've applied to UWaterloo and UVic, and I've read people's posts about Waterloo, some accetances, some rejections, more to admissions to come at the end of March. But I haven't seen a single post of anyone getting news from Victoria!

14 hours ago, mphcanada said:

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!! Has anyone heard anything from Waterloo? 

10 hours ago, AniSabi said:

Anybody heard anything for lakehead epidemiology? Or from Waterloo?

I checked my application status today for Waterloo and it says denied. Good luck to everyone still waiting for a response! 

Edited by rdh.mph

13 hours ago, rdh.mph said:

I checked my application status today for Waterloo and it says denied. Good luck to everyone still waiting for a response! 

Sorry to hear that

If you don't mind me asking was it for MPH or the MSc program? 

16 minutes ago, Hopeandwaiting said:

I have been wait listed at U of A and I have been accepted to SFU since March 6

Hoping still for U of A!

Anyone hear from U of S or Memorial Yet?

I emailed Memorial and they responded with... "Additionally, the department can take anywhere from 2 to 3 months to make a decision on an application after the deadline has passed. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified via email."

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats like?

17 minutes ago, bailm16 said:

For those who applied to Memorial, I wouldn't expect an answer until June. Pretty much all of their admission decisions come out in June for their professional degrees, like MPH, pharmacy, nursing etc.

Last year some people received results mid-April for MPH at Memorial, so I don't know if that is entirely accurate.