8 minutes ago, Daisies18 said:

Good luck to everyone who got accepted into Guelph so far. This is my second time applying and I haven't heard anything from the admissions people. I worked really hard to improve my application (took extra courses to boost GPA, worked as an RA, volunteered in public health related fields). I really don't understand what else I can do. Its very frustrating. All the schools that I applied and I am still waiting to hear back. I feel like I might get rejected again. It is so heart breaking ;(

I am sorry ?

most of the schools haven't replied yet so there still might be hope. Based on last year threads some of the acceptances were received till end of April. Good luck!

Edited by AniSabi

15 minutes ago, Daisies18 said:

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted to Guelph. This is my second time applying and I haven't heard anything from the admissions people. I worked really hard to improve my application (took extra courses to boost GPA, worked as an RA, volunteered in public health related fields). I really don't understand what else I can do. Its very frustrating. All the schools that I applied and I am still waiting to hear back. I feel like I might get rejected again. It is so heart breaking ;(

Don't lose hope my friend! You never know and as many others have said, acceptances are still being sent out! It isn't over til' its over! Keep positive and try to distract yourself from constantly refreshing your e-mail and university portal systems (although I am a hypocrite and doing that right now). Also, I hope you're not alone in feeling this way. Although I know I am stranger, if you ever need to talk, feel free to shoot me a personal message :) Keep your chin up!

“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”

― Norman Vincent Peale

12 minutes ago, futurejdmph said:

Don't lose hope my friend! You never know and as many others have said, acceptances are still being sent out! It isn't over til' its over! Keep positive and try to distract yourself from constantly refreshing your e-mail and university portal systems (although I am a hypocrite and doing that right now). Also, I hope you're not alone in feeling this way. Although I know I am stranger, if you ever need to talk, feel free to shoot me a personal message :) Keep your chin up!

“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”

― Norman Vincent Peale

I love this positivity! I agree. No news is good news. Many of us haven't heard from our choices for grad schools - it's nerve-wracking and anxiety inducing but you're still in the game! Many of us are in this together, and as singular we may feel, it is a collective experience :) 

Edited by goalsforgradschool

For anyone waiting on Memorial U, they emailed me today to say that their admissions committee meets on April 12th and notifications will start going out after that. Also, they received more than 350 applications. 

Edited by carters09

1 hour ago, futurejdmph said:

― Norman Vincent Peale

Your an amazing person. I wish you and everybody else the best of luck.

1 hour ago, Daisies18 said:

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted to Guelph. This is my second time applying and I haven't heard anything from the admissions people. I worked really hard to improve my application (took extra courses to boost GPA, worked as an RA, volunteered in public health related fields). I really don't understand what else I can do. Its very frustrating. All the schools that I applied and I am still waiting to hear back. I feel like I might get rejected again. It is so heart breaking ;(

You haven't heard anything back...that's not necessarily a bad sign. Most schools send out offers in waves so don't lose hope. This is my third time applying and I finally got acceptances this year after many rejections and waitlists. Keep building yourself up. If this is indeed your dream and something you are passionate about, and it is something you are working hard towards, I am confident that you will get in sooner or later!! In the meantime, if you need someone to vent to, I am here. I've been there and I know the feeling. 

2 hours ago, Daisies18 said:

Dont give up! 

Keep the faith up, everything would go well. 

2 hours ago, AniSabi said:

I am sorry ?

most of the schools haven't replied yet so there still might be hope. Based on last year threads some of the acceptances were received till end of April. Good luck!

You are right. I even saw some during June.

2 hours ago, stresseddepressed said:

You haven't heard anything back...that's not necessarily a bad sign. Most schools send out offers in waves so don't lose hope. This is my third time applying and I finally got acceptances this year after many rejections and waitlists. Keep building yourself up. If this is indeed your dream and something you are passionate about, and it is something you are working hard towards, I am confident that you will get in sooner or later!! In the meantime, if you need someone to vent to, I am here. I've been there and I know the feeling. 

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. Do you mind sharing any tips about improving your application, other than more experience?

Congratulations to all who got offer letters.

I am an international applicant and haven't heard anything from Guelph and U of A. My application status haven't changed at all( same as when I submitted my application). It is little worrying but keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone else in a similar situation?????

17 hours ago, dentistdoc said:

Congratulations to all who got offer letters.

I am an international applicant and haven't heard anything from Guelph and U of A. My application status haven't changed at all( same as when I submitted my application). It is little worrying but keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone else in a similar situation?????

Same boat. Mine has been in Pre Screening for sometime. 

I applied to the general MPH at Lakehead and Waterloo. I have been accepted into the program at Lakehead. However, I am still waiting to hear back from Waterloo. 

I was accepted to Guelph MPH via email on Thursday. 

i also applied to waterloo MPH and still haven’t heard back.

I’ve accepted U of T’s offer though. It was my first choice.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted so far and best of luck to everyone. It’s not over still!

Edited by Lalamelon

1 hour ago, Lalamelon said:

I was accepted to Guelph MPH via email on Thursday. 

i also applied to waterloo MPH and still haven’t heard back.

I’ve accepted U of T’s offer though. It was my first choice.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted so far and best of luck to everyone. It’s not over still!

Congratulations....can u share Ur profile pls?

1 hour ago, dentistdoc said:

Congratulations....can u share Ur profile pls?

Thank you

I think i would be considered a mature student as I graduated a few years ago. I have a medical degree with a B average overall and in final year. I have many years of varied experience within health, both clinical and public health, and including report writing and editing.

i personally think what made a big difference is that i took a statistics course (didn’t have it in undergrad) and got an A.

my GRE was average i would say, with quantitative on lower side.

i also had to take an English proficiency exam which i did well on as well.

on my personal statement i made an effort, and really explained my stand on health and my understanding of it and how my experiences shaped that.

hope this helps?

1 hour ago, Lalamelon said:

Thank you

I think i would be considered a mature student as I graduated a few years ago. I have a medical degree with a B average overall and in final year. I have many years of varied experience within health, both clinical and public health, and including report writing and editing.

i personally think what made a big difference is that i took a statistics course (didn’t have it in undergrad) and got an A.

my GRE was average i would say, with quantitative on lower side.

i also had to take an English proficiency exam which i did well on as well.

on my personal statement i made an effort, and really explained my stand on health and my understanding of it and how my experiences shaped that.

hope this helps?

Thank u for sharing

53 minutes ago, goalsforgradschool said:

Applying to grad schools has made me appreciate weekends so much more. Weekends are such a reprieve from emails and grad school worries. Here is to another week of waiting :P 

Trust me! I agree! I am patiently waiting for Guelph and Macmaster. Good luck to you and everyone!

3 hours ago, pancakes8 said:

Guelph or Queens for general MPH - thoughts? 

Both are great universities.  It really depends where your interests in public health lie, and which school offers more opportunities for you to pursue those interests, whether through practica or courses.