48 minutes ago, Shd90 said:

Finally got accepted to Western. Words can't describe how happy I feel. :lol:

Congrats! Did they say they had made all of their phone calls or when portals would be updated?

6 minutes ago, SMPH said:

Congrats! Did they say they had made all of their phone calls or when portals would be updated?

I am an international student so I did not get a call from them. I got an email and an acceptance letter and also my portal has been updated. The date in thee letter is 2nd April so I'm guessing they will be sending out acceptances today. I have until 1st June to accept. All the best to you too. :)

2 hours ago, cmh_MPH said:

Has Lakehead sent out a second wave of admissions yet? I have applied to the MPH Indigenous and Northern Health specialization, my application still says "applied" as the status. 

I’m literally in the exact same boat as you. Getting nervous. 

2 hours ago, cmh_MPH said:

Has Lakehead sent out a second wave of admissions yet? I have applied to the MPH Indigenous and Northern Health specialization, my application still says "applied" as the status. 

Still waiting to hear back for the epidemiology specialization for Lakehead as well..!

3 hours ago, cmh_MPH said:

Hi, I was accepted to this program and had until April 9th to accept so I don't think they'd send out a second wave of acceptances until after that ?

8 minutes ago, bailm16 said:

Hi, I was accepted to this program and had until April 9th to accept so I don't think they'd send out a second wave of acceptances until after that ?

Thanks for the reply, I have no idea how many people they accept into their specializations so i'm starting to get nervous, although I have not come across anyone other than you who has applied to this specialization as well. 

37 minutes ago, cmh_MPH said:

Thanks for the reply, I have no idea how many people they accept into their specializations so i'm starting to get nervous, although I have not come across anyone other than you who has applied to this specialization as well. 

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I applied to the thesis stream. I'm not sure how many people they accept either!

10 minutes ago, bailm16 said:

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I applied to the thesis stream. I'm not sure how many people they accept either!

They told me in the fall that they don’t base it off of specializations or thesis. They listed gpa/references/Letter/experience is what they base it off of

3 hours ago, cmh_MPH said:

I applied to Lakehead and was accepted into the Indigenous and Northern Health program (course stream). I had until April 3rd to accept the offer (and I did accept it). Not sure if this helps or not!

Also, their 2016 acceptance stats are here... although they don't say how many people applied to each stream.

Edited by carters09