15 hours ago, AniSabi said:

I was thinking if it is possible to reject an offer after accepting? Let's say later if you get an offer from your first choice in which you were waitlisted before?

I still have time to accept my offer but I was just wondering if it's allowed.

It's allowed, but you'd lose your deposit that you paid when you accepted. Universities know that some people will accept and then reject later because of 'better offers' or because of life getting in the way. That's why they make sure the deposit is non-refundable ;-)

Although if you're doing a thesis and have someone set up to supervise you, it's not really good form to tell them that you're going to work with them and then go back on your word later... however it happens and it's usually not a big deal (my experience working in admissions only, others may have different experiences).

8 minutes ago, corgi7 said:

Just got a call from Western MPH! Offers are still rolling out so good luck to everyone still waiting! :)

If you don't mind us asking what's the area code of the Western number that called you? 

And are you out of province? 

13 minutes ago, corgi7 said:

Just got a call from Western MPH! Offers are still rolling out so good luck to everyone still waiting! :)

Did she say on the phone that they still have cals to make this week and next?

11 minutes ago, Mph17 said:

If you don't mind us asking what's the area code of the Western number that called you? 

And are you out of province? 

Area code is 519. I'm from Ontario. 

7 minutes ago, SMPH said:

Did she say on the phone that they still have cals to make this week and next?

I'm not sure if they're still making calls next week, but our status in the portal will be updated next week with our letter of offers (due to holiday). 

3 hours ago, MPH-HP 2018 said:

I'm just a little paranoid lol cause, apparently, some people from the same program have already received their official letter from SGS. 

Don’t fret! I just got an email saying they are sending out official offers in batches. Your status on the SGS portal will update once your official offer has been sent! 

15 minutes ago, corgi7 said:

Area code is 519. I'm from Ontario. 

I'm not sure if they're still making calls next week, but our status in the portal will be updated next week with our letter of offers (due to holiday). 

Is everyone that's gotten a call from Western so far, from Ontario? 

Are they doing in province first, and then out of province? 

4 hours ago, GX1025 said:

Hey all,

Got offer for MPH program from Lakehead U. Seems like they have started a big wave of sending out acceptances.

Did you apply to any specialization? Or just the MPH? Congrats!

4 hours ago, GX1025 said:

Hey all,

Got offer for MPH program from Lakehead U. Seems like they have started a big wave of sending out acceptances.

Just saw your response to no specialization! oops! 

5 minutes ago, stresseddepressed said:

They're like "oh but dont worry, it's spread out over 3 semesters". :') :') :')

Does anyone have any insight as to why it is so expensive? I understand that it's just a one year program but whyyy so much! It is my top choice though 

Anyone who got their call from western did they say that the admission calls are still going out or anything like that. I got an email a while back saying they have passed on my information and will inform me through email? I wonder if this has set me up for a coming rejection. Just trying to stay hopeful. This is rough. 

7 minutes ago, Sw5 said:

Anyone who got their call from western did they say that the admission calls are still going out or anything like that. I got an email a while back saying they have passed on my information and will inform me through email? I wonder if this has set me up for a coming rejection. Just trying to stay hopeful. This is rough. 

Received the same email... Hmm.. And I'm out of province. Have not received a phone call from them.