This was part of an email reply from Saskatchewan MPH if anyone was concerned:

Thank you for your email! We are in the process of reviewing complete applications at this time. Please know that all applicants will be notified by email with an admissions decision by May 18, 2018.

9 hours ago, GAGGU1 said:

i have been accepted for post diploma in public health by CBU, Nova Scotia. If I do this course will this improve my CV for MPH.

I am still waiting for this email! 

13 hours ago, carters09 said:

I applied to Lakehead and was accepted into the Indigenous and Northern Health program (course stream). I had until April 3rd to accept the offer (and I did accept it). Not sure if this helps or not!

Also, their 2016 acceptance stats are here... although they don't say how many people applied to each stream.

Just wondering if your application was complete or if you are applying while in progress of graduating from an undergraduate program? Thanks! 

16 hours ago, bailm16 said:

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I applied to the thesis stream. I'm not sure how many people they accept either!

Thanks! I'm just wondering if your application was complete or if you applied while in progress of graduating from an undergraduate degree? 

6 hours ago, MRN said:

Anyone heard from UVic MPH, specifically the nursing stream?

Heard from Uvic March 28th and have until April 6th to respond. This was for the social policy stream though not nursing. 

Edited by RJ93

3 hours ago, cmh_MPH said:

Just wondering if your application was complete or if you are applying while in progress of graduating from an undergraduate program? Thanks! 

I am a mature student, currently working in a health authority and going back to school after fifteen years in the work force (mostly in universities). I have an undergrad and a Master's degree from before. Also my schooling was all done in the UK so I have a bit of a weird application profile :-)

15 minutes ago, carters09 said:

I am a mature student, currently working in a health authority and going back to school after fifteen years in the work force (mostly in universities). I have an undergrad and a Master's degree from before. Also my schooling was all done in the UK so I have a bit of a weird application profile :-)

Thanks for the reply, and congratulations :) 

10 minutes ago, carters09 said:

Forgot to also say that I'm doing Lakehead's flex program, as I'll be working full time and doing the MPH part time. 

Thanks! I'm graduating my undergraduate degree this June so my application still says incomplete since I haven't been able to send in an official transcript or proof of degree yet, I know some schools send conditional offers and some send to only complete applications first, so I'm just going to have to patiently wait to see I guess. 

11 hours ago, MRN said:

Anyone heard from UVic MPH, specifically the nursing stream?

I heard from UVic and was accepted last week (deadline to accept offer is April 6).  I'm a nurse but I did enroll in the policy stream. I contacted them about the possibility of switching streams and they said that you have until the end of term 1 to committ to a stream, but there is a possibility that the nursing stream will not be offered due to low enrolment (It hasn't run the past few years becuase of low enrolment). Apparently lots of nurses are in the MPH program but choose one of the other streams.  I was told that if you are accepted and the nursing stream does not proceed, you will be admitted into your second choice stream. 

47 minutes ago, purplesocks said:

I heard from UVic and was accepted last week (deadline to accept offer is April 6).  I'm a nurse but I did enroll in the policy stream. I contacted them about the possibility of switching streams and they said that you have until the end of term 1 to committ to a stream, but there is a possibility that the nursing stream will not be offered due to low enrolment (It hasn't run the past few years becuase of low enrolment). Apparently lots of nurses are in the MPH program but choose one of the other streams.  I was told that if you are accepted and the nursing stream does not proceed, you will be admitted into your second choice stream. 

Thanks for all the info! That's good to know. I was actually debating on nursing or social policy. Hopefully will hear from them soon. Also, congratulations! ?

I applied to Western, McMaster, Lakehead, Queens, and UofT. For UofT I applied for the occupational health rather than epidemiology MPH and was interviewed there and subsequently wait-listed. At Western I just got accepted. I have not heard back from the other 3 yet.

I was wondering if anyone had any statistics or info about the western program outside its accreditation, tuition, and program type/content/structure. I am wondering more with respect to job prospects, competitiveness, attrition etc.

Edited by Dr.A

1 hour ago, goalsforgradschool said:

Does anyone know if U of T has sent out rejections already? Particularly the health promotion stream?

not too sure but my acceptance says I have till the 17th to accept so  maybe a waiting list positioning thing now.