21 minutes ago, Coffee_Addict7860 said:

Hey 

so sorry to hear this :( Hopefully you get accepted to the other schools you applied to.

Just wondering if they sent you an e-mail or mail, and if the status on the SGS portal was updated or not?

It was an email with an attached PDF of the rejection mail. Good luck to you!

18 minutes ago, goalsforgradschool said:

I feel your pain, I just got a rejection too. I felt that I was a strong candidate and it does sting a lot to get the rejection. But it's okay, it is what it is :) 

Hear hear. It isn’t over yet, let’s hope for the best:)

Got a rejection from Western, so I'm going to accept my UVic offer. Still waiting on McMaster, Saskatchewan and UT Health Promo. 

Not sure what to think because this is my second time applying, and last year I got rejected pretty early from UVic and was waitlisted at Toronto till the end of July... So lol? 

40 minutes ago, kaktarua said:

My McMaster Portal has no update. I guess I am waiting for my last rejection in this year :(

Don't feel like that. Be hopeful! You never know. Honestly as stressful as this is, it is a learning experience. I have not heard back from any of the schools I applied but I am hopeful. You do your best and thats what matters. I was stressing myself out and I realized that if it doesnt work out I will try  again next year. Anything outside of you is beyond your control. I hope you get an admission offer! Best of luck! Be hopeful ? 

13 minutes ago, hope4change said:

Don't feel like that. Be hopeful! You never know. Honestly as stressful as this is, it is a learning experience. I have not heard back from any of the schools I applied but I am hopeful. You do your best and thats what matters. I was stressing myself out and I realized that if it doesnt work out I will try  again next year. Anything outside of you is beyond your control. I hope you get an admission offer! Best of luck! Be hopeful ? 

Thank you. It means a lot

1 hour ago, hope4change said:

Sending hugs to both of you. I believe a lot of us will be in the same boat. I had also hoped I’d get into a school and will figure out a future course from there. Now I’m starting to chalk out a plan B even though I feel blank. What sort of job I need to get, how or where I’ll get it... Hold tight and just in case it doesn’t work out now, it likely will next time. :)

10 minutes ago, kbit7 said:

Sending hugs to both of you. I believe a lot of us will be in the same boat. I had also hoped I’d get into a school and will figure out a future course from there. Now I’m starting to chalk out a plan B even though I feel blank. What sort of job I need to get, how or where I’ll get it... Hold tight and just in case it doesn’t work out now, it likely will next time. :)

Trust me! I started sketching out plan B myself just in case things dont work out as planned. I will continue to volunteer and see what I can do. Will definitely try again next year if it doesnt work out. Best of Luck!

17 hours ago, goalsforgradschool said:

I'm still waiting to hear back. They said they would be looking at apps last week so hopefully we hear something by Friday

The deadline for me to accept Queens MPH was April 2nd (and I rejected it) so they'll probably be sending out some more offers really soon! :) 

On 4/4/2018 at 3:50 PM, Shd90 said:

Is anyone waiting to hear back from Queens? 

Still waiting on Queen's as well ???

On 4/5/2018 at 8:33 AM, schjay said:

Hi guys! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to all those still waiting! I received my acceptenace to Western’s MPH and just wondering if anyone knows why their tuition is crazy expensive? 

Wondering the same thing, also wondering why OSAP doesn not cover their crazy tuition as well ?

20 hours ago, goalsforgradschool said:

I'm still waiting to hear back. They said they would be looking at apps last week so hopefully we hear something by Friday

Crossing fingers!

---- accepted to Western, waitlisted for McMasters! 

Ok so I just got off the phone with Guelph and they said they have sent out most of the admissions out. So next week, they will be sending out offers for those who are on waiting list next week. Pretty much she said if one did not get admission last week it either rejection or waitlisted. They will notify those who have been waitlisted by next week.   No correspondence pretty much means rejection. So rejection letters will be sent out later in the month. There were 350 applicants for 25 spots. Sigh time to execute plan B and try again next year! :) 

2 hours ago, stresseddepressed said:

Same! It's so frustrating. I wonder why they haven't gotten to us yet...

My status is now 'admitted' in the portal and I received my official letter of offer. Hope yours updated too! 

I just checked my portal for SFU and my application status had the following message: "Your application has been placed on a waiting list by the Department."

Ugh, I guess it's better than being rejected outright, but it means more waiting! 

Hi everyone, I would love some insight here. 

My top choice for grad school was U of T Health Promotion. I've been looking forward to attending this program since my second year of uni, and not getting in is really crushing. However, I have received an acceptance to Western, and though it wasn't my top choice, it's still a graduate school that will help me get my foot in the door of working for NGOs and other health agencies. A friend of mind haphazardly said that some students don't go to grad school when they don't get into their top program and will apply again. I was a little taken aback that people did that, but now I'm in that boat. I wanted one particular school, I didn't get it, and now I am rethinking this entire process. 

This is unreasonable. I should go to a good grad school, and Western is a great university! Please tell me how unreasonable my thought process is.