On 04/04/2018 at 2:58 PM, Hopeandwaiting said:

I have been on the wait-list for the same amount of time as you. The letter informed me that they should get back in contact by mid April via bear tracks. I'm just trying to keep busy and optimistic. Good luck to you as well and thank you for the information!

Just so you know I emailed them AGAIN asking if they'd ranked the wait list and they still said that they hadn't yet. So still fingers crossed! Haha 

Hey guys!

I was accepted to the MSc: Public Health and Health Systems program at the University of Waterloo. Is there anyone in here who is currently in the program who can comment on if they like it?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone :) 

1 hour ago, EaPC said:

Thank you!

As for my profile..
Domestic applicant 
Education: B.Soc.Sc.
Work experience: RA at a public health research organization throughout my past 3 years of undergrad and also did qualitative fieldwork in a developing country. 
Volunteer experience: various - mostly with social justice organizations
Publications: 1
Grades: Not great...Probably around 85% in my last 2 years. After seeing most people on here with an average in the high 90s I didn't think I had a chance but I guess my experience really helped. 

Good luck to you!

Your profile is really great. I think I must work little harder to improve my profile for next year. Once again thankyou for sharing and have a great time at SFU. Bravoo!

Edited by GAGGU1

1 hour ago, Sw5 said:

Thanks for sharing and congratulations you have an amazing profile.  Were you emailed or called or updated portal?

Thank you! For SFU I received an email on April 6th and have 14 days to respond. My portal status has also been updated to accepted. I will be accepting. 

I have declined my offer at uVic and will be declining uAlberta (global health). Alberta is experiencing admission delays and my date to respond was moved to April 20th because the Faculty of Grad Studies hasn't updated my status in the portal yet. i.e. I can't respond to the offer. 

31 minutes ago, GAGGU1 said:

Your profile is really great. I think I must work little harder to improve my profile for next year. Once again thankyou for sharing and have a great time at SFU. Bravoo!

1 hour ago, hope4change said:

Wow! After reading your profile stats. I definitely will not be surprised if I dont get in at all. I am going to try again next year hopefully I have a chance next year.

Thank you!

Take heart - application season isn't over yet! However, if you are not successful this year, gaining experience throughout the year will probably be very helpful and you will expand your network and maybe even gain a new reference for your applications. I wish you the best of luck!

1 hour ago, mph18c said:

Hey guys!

I was accepted to the MSc: Public Health and Health Systems program at the University of Waterloo. Is there anyone in here who is currently in the program who can comment on if they like it?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone :) 

I'm in the MPH and you'd have a lot of the same profs. So far, everyone has been very engaging and have a lot of connections within public health in Canada which has been great. Courses have been interesting and generally well planned with lots of supports.

The building itself is undergoing renos but they have a brand new wing with a starbucks and nice new lecture areas. 

Just got a letter of rejection from SFU. Obviously a little disheartening.  But congratulations to everyone that got in this round! 

On that note,is there any person that got in to SFU wiling like to share their stats?

Edited by MDC15

1 hour ago, MDC15 said:

Just got a letter of rejection from SFU. Obviously a little disheartening.  But congratulations to everyone that got in this round! 

On that note,is there any person that got in to SFU wiling like to share their stats?

SO sorry to hear about this. I really hope that you get in the next stream. Did you apply for a specific stream for SFU

40 minutes ago, MacPanther said:

If you get waitlisted, should you respond back or remain silent until a final decision is made?

Yeah, I'm wondering that as well. I wasn't sent an email from SFU about my waitlist status, I just saw it in the portal. I was browsing this thread from last year, and someone said that SFU emailed them with their rank on the waitlist. Since someone in this thread mentioned that SFU had told them that they were aiming to update everyone about their status by the end of this week, I'm hoping that they will notify people of their rank on the waitlist as well. If not, I'm planning on following up next week.

2 hours ago, Sw5 said:

SO sorry to hear about this. I really hope that you get in the next stream. Did you apply for a specific stream for SFU

I applied for population health, but I think I would have fit more under social inequities and health

Hello everyone, some lurker here. 

I got accepted to UofT mph epi last week, but I still havent heard back from Queens public health or Western. Should I accept the UofT offer? How is the program? 

I heard a lot of good words about the Queens program, but I havent talked to anyone from UofT epi yet it’s scaring me a little. 

Thanks! 

Hello everyone! Longtime lurker, first-time poster. Got accepted into Western yesterday! Still waiting on hearing back from Saskatchewan, was rejected from all other programs I applied to (UBC, SFU, UVic, UofT, Waterloo). I know it's been mentioned lots, but anyone hear anything from Saskatchewan?? Seems odd that it's been radio-silence with them.

35 minutes ago, Cantet said:

I got accepted to UofT mph epi last week, but I still havent heard back from Queens public health or Western. Should I accept the UofT offer? How is the program? 

I heard a lot of good words about the Queens program, but I havent talked to anyone from UofT epi yet it’s scaring me a little. 

Thanks! 

I contacted Queens today. They told me  that they have sent out first and second round of acceptances and my application is on hold/waitlisted. Also that they are not able to proceed with any further offers at this time and have not ranked the applicants in waitlist. 

I have heard only good things about MPH epi at Uoft. It is a very competitive program to get into so congratulations on that. :)

PS: If you don't mind can you share your stats and gre score? 

Edited by Shd90

1 hour ago, Cantet said:

Thanks! 

If your end goal is to do epidemiology then 10000% do the U of T epi! People speak so highly of it but know that it is very intense! Congrats on your acceptance !!  

1 hour ago, nkachouh said:

Hello everyone! Longtime lurker, first-time poster. Got accepted into Western yesterday! Still waiting on hearing back from Saskatchewan, was rejected from all other programs I applied to (UBC, SFU, UVic, UofT, Waterloo). I know it's been mentioned lots, but anyone hear anything from Saskatchewan?? Seems odd that it's been radio-silence with them.

Congrats on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, were you on waitlist before being accepted to Western?