I'm new to these forums, but I love them so far!

I'm jealous of all of you being accepted to UofG. I applied to the MSc Epi program there and my application still says "All documents received" on Webadvisor. I applied in January! I contacted them a month ago and they said they can't move my application forward until they hear if I get funding. Well I found out a week ago that I got a scholarship!! But they still haven't moved my app forward... ugh. I have a prof to work with and everything. I just want to be accepted! lol. 

4 hours ago, Cantet said:

I accepted my offer to UofT epi, but after I’ve emailed them the form, they never replied? Is this normal?

Not sure if other places are the same, but after I accepted my spot at Lakehead I didn't hear anything either. I paid my deposit and after few days that payment showed up on my online application account, but it took about two weeks for Lakehead to actually acknowledge my acceptance via email or notification!

On 2018-04-13 at 10:23 PM, AniSabi said:

They told me they do rolling admissions, so they have sent out some but not all decisions. There's no fixed date when decisions will be released and they give time till July to hear a decision.

Congratulations on your offer. Which stream did you apply to? And did you accept your offer?

Thank you! I applied to the Northern health stream and I did accept!

17 hours ago, Asthashah said:

Hi,

I am new to this thread, but as I read through I found some great information.

I am a dentist, have done my Bachelors from India. I applied to UBC MPH/DPH (Diploma in Dental Public Health), Western's MPH, U of A MPH in Health Management, Lakehead's MPH in Epi  and SFU MPH in Population Health.

I received an offer from UBC and Western University last week. UBC has asked me to accept the offer by April 15th and pay the deposit by April 30th. So I accepted the offer at UBC, but still have doubts about the course. I want to be 100% sure about my decision before I pay the deposit.

Does anyone know more about the MPH/DPH program at UBC?

Do you get better jobs if you graduate from higher ranking universities in Canada ? The MPH/DPH course is very expensive and as an international student I have no idea about the job scenario and career prospects in the field of MPH in Canada and would really appreciate some insight.

Hey

Congratulations on receiving the offer. if you dont mind me asking, what was your GPA and GRE?

9 hours ago, carters09 said:

"See" you there! (I accepted the Indigenous & Northern Health stream too, but will be doing by distance as I'm in BC).

Awesome!! I’m doing mine by distance as well! I’m anxious to register for courses already haha

10 hours ago, IndianMPHCanada18 said:

Hey

Congratulations on receiving the offer. if you dont mind me asking, what was your GPA and GRE?

My GPA IS 3.78 and GRE quant is 159, verbal is 155

2 hours ago, bailm16 said:

Awesome!! I’m doing mine by distance as well! I’m anxious to register for courses already haha

Yeah, I've totally geeked out and organized my course schedule for the next four years already too :lol: Now if they change the electives everything will be thrown into confusion!

1 hour ago, carters09 said:

Yeah, I've totally geeked out and organized my course schedule for the next four years already too :lol: Now if they change the electives everything will be thrown into confusion!

Haha that’s so funny, I did the same thing! Except I don’t have elective because I decided to do a thesis instead! Judging by last years forum, I think course registration is in June but I definitely could be wrong 

6 minutes ago, interestedinmph said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have been lurking in this thread for a long time. I applied to U of T's Health Promotion stream and never heard back. Is anyone else in the same boat? Has anyone heard back regarding waitlists?

Also still waiting to hear back for this as well as McMaster's MPH!

1 hour ago, racheller said:

Has anyone heard from Memorial or have any idea when they will be sending out notifications?

The admissions committee met on April 12th to discuss applicants (at least, that was the plan...) and the program director said that they would be starting to send out results shortly after that.

Edited by carters09

3 hours ago, interestedinmph said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have been lurking in this thread for a long time. I applied to U of T's Health Promotion stream and never heard back. Is anyone else in the same boat? Has anyone heard back regarding waitlists?

Hey, 

I'm in the same situation. Haven't heard back from UofT's Health Promo, not sure what is happening.