41 minutes ago, public_hlth12 said:

Hey!

I am a recent graduate student from the Guelph MPH program ( I just finished my last exam). The waitlist length varies but in my year a good chunk of people got accepted from the waitlist (around 5-6), and heard back around mid to late June. I was on the waitlist as well, and heard back around June 13th so don't give up hope!! 

How many people typically get put on a waitlist? Is it between 10-20 or more? Thank you!! (congrats on finishing also!)

2 hours ago, public_hlth12 said:

Hey!

I am a recent graduate student from the Guelph MPH program ( I just finished my last exam). The waitlist length varies but in my year a good chunk of people got accepted from the waitlist (around 5-6), and heard back around mid to late June. I was on the waitlist as well, and heard back around June 13th so don't give up hope!! 

Great! Thank you so much for the info! I’ll keep holding on!

Hi. Please are there Nigerians here who applied for MPH in usask or other schools? Please how long does it take to get student visa? I heard 3months I just want to confirm if its true. Usask says decisions will be sent by May 18  and going by that the 3months visa processing in Nigeria as I heard, don't know how true, one won't be able to meet up since usask says compulsory orientation will start mid Aug for all MPH students. 

Please someone should respond. Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Kammi said:

Hi. Please are there Nigerians here who applied for MPH in usask or other schools? Please how long does it take to get student visa? I heard 3months I just want to confirm if its true. Usask says decisions will be sent by May 18  and going by that the 3months visa processing in Nigeria as I heard, don't know how true, one won't be able to meet up since usask says compulsory orientation will start mid Aug for all MPH students. 

Please someone should respond. Thank you.

Hello Kammi, 

I am not a Nigerian student. However I know of Nigerians who have received admission to other schools in Canada. Information retrieved states that it takes 6 weeks or more for the student visa. Also USASK said from now to May 18th, we should hear from them. Holding on tight. 

2 hours ago, sheisgreat said:

Hello Kammi, 

I am not a Nigerian student. However I know of Nigerians who have received admission to other schools in Canada. Information retrieved states that it takes 6 weeks or more for the student visa. Also USASK said from now to May 18th, we should hear from them. Holding on tight. 

OK. Thank you. 6weeks is okay. I am yet to hear from usask. My status is still the same

Hi, 

Is anyone still waiting on UVic? I saw some people get accepted in late March and someone also posted about a rejection awhile ago. My application still say under review by department so I am assuming that I am waitlisted? Anyone else in the same boat? It's so hard to make plans when they leave you in limbo like this!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, MPH201404 said:

Hi, 

Is anyone still waiting on UVic? I saw some people get accepted in late March and someone also posted about a rejection awhile ago. My application still say under review by department so I am assuming that I am waitlisted? Anyone else in the same boat? It's so hard to make plans when they leave you in limbo like this!

Thanks!

I got my acceptance from UVic about two weeks ago. I think I was second round. But you should email them! 

21 hours ago, Rhcesar said:

Just got rejected from McMaster. I'm still waiting dor U of A.

My fingers are crossed for you ?

Hello,

I’ve been a long time creeper on this site (well long being since last year). A few quick things about me, I applied to

UofSask-MPH online

UofT-MPH Socio Beh.

York U-Health, MA Policy and Equity

Waterloo-MPH

Victoria- MPH online

So far I got one rejection from Waterloo (received an email about 2 weeks ago) , was waitlisted to York and accepted to Saskatchewan (received an email yesterday). Similar to other folks in the group- the wait is super stressful and taxing ?

46 minutes ago, mzericao said:

Hello,

I’ve been a long time creeper on this site (well long being since last year). A few quick things about me, I applied to

UofSask-MPH online

UofT-MPH Socio Beh.

Waterloo-MPH

Victoria- MPH online

So far I got one rejection from Waterloo (received an email about 2 weeks ago) , was waitlisted to York and accepted to Saskatchewan (received an email yesterday). Similar to other folks in the group- the wait is super stressful and taxing ?

Hi. Please did you just say you received an email from usask? Yesterday?

4 hours ago, MPH789 said:

@goalsforgradschool Hi congrats! 

If I may ask, why did you choose WO?

I accepted UWO for a few reasons. I applied to 6 schools (U of T, McMaster, UWO, Queens, Waterloo, McGill) and so far have been waitlisted for Waterloo and Queens and refused at the rest. I expected this to happen since it's my first time applying to grad school, and in all honesty I don't want to apply again next year in hopes of getting into the rest of the schools. I got into a program that is good and I should attend. 

It's a program like everyone else. Only difference is that it's a year. Save for McMaster and Waterloo (MScPH), the rest are also non thesis, course based that also provide a practicum placement.

The one concern I had was the ability to publish research. I hoped to be able to join a research team as an RA within those two years and the condensed nature seemed daunting. I reached out to a current student in the program and she helped to answer any questions that I might have, and that was great! 

After creating a pros and cons list, it was pretty clear that if you have a goal and a means to achieve it, then go for it! I am thinking that after the completion of the program, I have an extra year to work and to plan and see if I would want to pursue further schooling. 

I know the cost is very large ($32000), but once I broke down the cost from 2 years to 1, including living costs of other cities and London, Ontario, I am framing it as paying a lump sum for a degree that is supposed to be 2 years but has been brought down to one (it's letting me sleep at night lol).

Lastly, a wonderful colleague of mine said that you only need one place to say yes, and it's the student that makes the program, not the other way around.

So here I am, ready to drag my butt across Canada in hopes of putting my foot in the door of the public health work force and research out in Ontario.

Edited by goalsforgradschool

14 minutes ago, goalsforgradschool said:

I accepted UWO for a few reasons. I applied to 6 schools (U of T, McMaster, UWO, Queens, Waterloo, McGill) and so far have been waitlisted for Waterloo and Queens and refused at the rest. I expected this to happen since it's my first time applying to grad school, and in all honesty I don't want to apply again next year in hopes of getting into the rest of the schools. I got into a program that is good and I should attend. 

It's a program like everyone else. Only difference is that it's a year. Save for McMaster and Waterloo (MScPH), the rest are also non thesis, course based that also provide a practicum placement.

The one concern I had was the ability to publish research. I hoped to be able to join a research team as an RA within those two years and the condensed nature seemed daunting. I reached out to a current student in the program and she helped to answer any questions that I might have, and that was great! 

After creating a pros and cons list, it was pretty clear that if you have a goal and a means to achieve it, then go for it! I am thinking that after the completion of the program, I have an extra year to work and to plan and see if I would want to pursue further schooling. 

I know the cost is very large ($32000), but once I broke down the cost from 2 years to 1, including living costs of other cities and London, Ontario, I am framing it as paying a lump sum for a degree that is supposed to be 2 years but has been brought down to one (it's letting me sleep at night lol).

Lastly, a wonderful colleague of mine said that you only need one place to say yes, and it's the student that makes the program, not the other way around.

So here I am, ready to drag my butt across Canada in hopes of putting my foot in the door of the public health work force and research out in Ontario.

Thanks! That really helped.

Best of luck for your future endeavours.

2 hours ago, mzericao said:

Hello,

UofSask-MPH online

UofT-MPH Socio Beh.

Waterloo-MPH

Victoria- MPH online

When did you apply for the USASK program?

2 hours ago, mzericao said:

Hello,

UofSask-MPH online

UofT-MPH Socio Beh.

Waterloo-MPH

Victoria- MPH online

What is the last day to accept the offer?