51 minutes ago, Shd90 said:

They didn't give me a rank too and said they are not sending out any offers for now. Don't know when to expect to hear back from them. 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Hopefully within the next few weeks. 

Grad school acceptances are so odd. But at least the weather is getting nicer here on the west coast so there are plenty of activities popping up to occupy time with :)

On 3/13/2018 at 7:48 PM, ChelMPH said:

Has anyone heard anything from Saskatchewan? My status has been the same since I submitted my application. Also from Manitoba? I know they said they would start sending out acceptances/rejections in March?

Hi. Please have you got offer letter from usask?

15 hours ago, Inkblaze said:

I’ve been accepted to SFU Population Health and to McGill MScPH. I’ve currently accepted both offers but if I’m accepted off the UBC MPH waitlist I will likely choose to accept it and then withdraw from my other offers. If I don’t get into UBC I guess I’ll decide between moving out east, or attending SFU. Personally I think the program at SFU looks amazing but having done my undergrad there I would prefer a change of scenery.

I have a few friends currently in the SFU program, and they love it! Same with UBC. My co-worker graduated from her MPH about two years ago, and she had nothing but positive things to say. Congrats on both acceptances! 

The McGill MScPh looks great too. It would be a great change of scenery to live in Montreal. My co-worker is from there and had a great experience at McGill and in Montreal. I'm dreading the change of weather from west coast rain to the east snow but it would be nice to experience a different city. 

2 hours ago, goalsforgradschool said:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Hopefully within the next few weeks. 

Grad school acceptances are so odd. But at least the weather is getting nicer here on the west coast so there are plenty of activities popping up to occupy time with :)

Meanwhile in parts of Ontario, we are still waiting for the snow to melt from this week's ice storm LOL

For those of you worried about the lack of thesis at UofT MPH:  I was just accepted to a PhD program with my MPH from UofT. I did complete an optional research practicum during my MPH, and chose research-oriented electives.  Had completed an undergraduate thesis and done research via an NSERC USRA.  Only two publications (neither first author), but otherwise very strong dossier (4.0/4.0 for both undergrad and MPH).

11 hours ago, futurejdmph said:

Has anyone still not heard back from UofA? Seems like many have and I'm starting to get a little worried....

I received an email about an offer from admissions but they never sent me the official letter. I emailed them this week and the answer I got is that all the admission decisions will be made by the end of this month.

I need the letter to apply for visa and I am getting worried.

1 hour ago, vancouverrunner said:

I just got accepted off of UBC MSc. Waitlist! Accepted the offer! Super excited, definetly chalked that one up to a refusal! 

That's great! Congratulations

18 minutes ago, shae96 said:

Has anyone received a rejection email from Guelph MPH? 

Sorry, I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I applied to the MSc epi program at Guelph and haven't heard anything about my application. It still says "All documents received" on Webadvisor!! And it's really stressing me out. So maybe Guelph likes to take their time with their applications :p

2 hours ago, pianoplaya94 said:

Sorry, I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I applied to the MSc epi program at Guelph and haven't heard anything about my application. It still says "All documents received" on Webadvisor!! And it's really stressing me out. So maybe Guelph likes to take their time with their applications ?

I also applied to guelph MPH and haven't heard anything... still says all documents received. I accepted my offer at McMaster though if anyone else will be joining me in the fall :)

On 4/8/2018 at 11:06 AM, schjay said:

Hey guys! I got watlisted for Guelph and it was my top choice, anyone know approximately how long the waitlist is? 

Hey!

I am a recent graduate student from the Guelph MPH program ( I just finished my last exam). The waitlist length varies but in my year a good chunk of people got accepted from the waitlist (around 5-6), and heard back around mid to late June. I was on the waitlist as well, and heard back around June 13th so don't give up hope!!