On 4/24/2018 at 1:15 PM, MPH201404 said:

Hi, 

Is anyone still waiting on UVic? I saw some people get accepted in late March and someone also posted about a rejection awhile ago. My application still say under review by department so I am assuming that I am waitlisted? Anyone else in the same boat? It's so hard to make plans when they leave you in limbo like this!

Thanks!

Hi, 

My application still says "under review by the department". I spoke with someone about two weeks ago, and they said another round of acceptances/rejections is going out over the next two weeks...which would be now anyway. I already accepted at Waterloo (1st choice), and declined Lakehead.

as I got rejected from all the universities so was curious to know if anyone can suggest me of any other courses which can be helpful for better future prospects.

I am a dentist from India with 3+ years of experience and with my indian degree and experience I failed to find any job here in Canada.

I came across this course https://bowvalleycollege.ca/programs-courses/community-studies/health-and-human-services-management-post-diploma-certificate

it will be great if anyone of you can suggest me the cscopes of such courses or any other course that u can recommend me..

1 hour ago, Sonal01 said:

as I got rejected from all the universities so was curious to know if anyone can suggest me of any other courses which can be helpful for better future prospects.

I am a dentist from India with 3+ years of experience and with my indian degree and experience I failed to find any job here in Canada.

I came across this course https://bowvalleycollege.ca/programs-courses/community-studies/health-and-human-services-management-post-diploma-certificate

it will be great if anyone of you can suggest me the cscopes of such courses or any other course that u can recommend me..

https://www.ualberta.ca/public-health/programs/professional-development/professional-certificate-in-public-health ?

4 hours ago, sheisgreat said:

It says on the website that there is no intake for Fall 2018. Hence you will need to check it in November 2018 or 2019. 

I didn’t knew of this course.. thanks for the info.. if I would have known about this then would have applied it in last nov itself as my back up plan.. 

10 hours ago, Sonal01 said:

I didn’t knew of this course.. thanks for the info.. if I would have known about this then would have applied it in last nov itself as my back up plan.. 

7 hours ago, GAGGU1 said:

Hi I have been rejected from all universities for mph. I don't wanna waste 1 year. I'm proceeding with post diploma in health sciences in CBU, nova scotia. All suggestions regarding my decision are welcomed.

https://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/full-time/workplace-wellness-and-health-promotion/

This program sounds good. It also has a placement. Good luck!

16 hours ago, Aaryanne said:

Hi, 

My application still says "under review by the department". I spoke with someone about two weeks ago, and they said another round of acceptances/rejections is going out over the next two weeks...which would be now anyway. I already accepted at Waterloo (1st choice), and declined Lakehead.

I accepted Waterloo too. See you in August ?

8 hours ago, GAGGU1 said:

Hi I have been rejected from all universities for mph. I don't wanna waste 1 year. I'm proceeding with post diploma in health sciences in CBU, nova scotia. All suggestions regarding my decision are welcomed.

I'm not sure if you're looking for something to just fill the one year gap until you apply to MPH programs again at the end of the year, but I know that U of Guelph has an MSc in epidemiology with rolling admissions. So you can apply at any time during the year. You need to find a professor at the school who can take you on, then you just apply. Although they recommend you apply 4-6 weeks before you start. The classes are often the same as the MPH students,  but more research focused. Also, if you do the thesis option (instead of the course work option), it's funded! So you're paid a stipend. 

2 hours ago, mph2k18 said:

Just got into UofT- promotion and will be accepting!! Good luck everyone :) 

hey congrats so much! :) Did you receive the email on a sunday? haha 

Hi all, long time lurker (since Jan 2017) and recent poster. I applied to a total of 6 schools and have heard back with acceptances to 2 and rejections to 2. I've made a pros and cons list for each of the schools I was accepted to (UVic and USask) and there are a ton of similarities and overlaps that I'm having a tough time picking one over the other. I was wondering if there was anyone who would be able to give me their two cents on either of these schools - either if you went there yourself, know someone that did, or have heard anything about the Public Health programs at either of these schools. 

I applied for the online option for each school, and am hoping to pursue a thesis option as well. The timeline for each, the cost, etc seem similar ish so I'm really lost. I live in Victoria, and did my undergrad at UVic, so that might be a benefit. I was also specifically wondering if the ranking of these schools (for Public Health) differed? Obviously they are not UT or Western, but between UVic and USask, do you guys know or think one Public Health program is more reputable than the other or has a better ranking under the Canadian Public Health Association? 

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated, thank you in advance if you can offer any help :) 

This thread has been really helpul and encouraging for me both times I applied, so I wish everyone all the best as they're prepping for this next phase! 

14 hours ago, Mph17 said:

I applied for the online option for each school, and am hoping to pursue a thesis option as well. The timeline for each, the cost, etc seem similar ish so I'm really lost. I live in Victoria, and did my undergrad at UVic, so that might be a benefit. I was also specifically wondering if the ranking of these schools (for Public Health) differed? Obviously they are not UT or Western, but between UVic and USask, do you guys know or think one Public Health program is more reputable than the other or has a better ranking under the Canadian Public Health Association? 

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated, thank you in advance if you can offer any help :) 

I live in Victoria and work fairly closely with some UVic public health/HSD people, and I deliberately applied elsewhere! I'm doing the MPH online too (not thesis-based though).

My reasoning was that by keeping up my UVic connections at the same time as doing my MPH courses at a different university, I might be able to get a broader range of experiences and perspectives.

However, I already work for the health authority so haven't had to worry about program reputation or CPHA ranking because the MPH for me will not be the determining factor in getting a job - so I can't comment from that angle.