6 hours ago, Cantet said:

Thanks! 

I got a bsc in Biology and Psychology from Mcmaster. 

My grades aren’t that great, probably around 85% in the last two years (I got a 70 in intro python :P) 

Gre wise I had 90th percentile in English and 80th percentile in math.

Maybe they liked my thesis? Who knows, I was surprised too. 

Hope this helps! Good luck! 

Thank you for letting me know and congratulations once again :)

18 hours ago, carters09 said:

Pros and cons spreadsheet! :-) That's my nerd answer to everything.

But seriously, are you thinking of getting into a job that requires an Epi specialization? It seems like you can take equal numbers of Epi courses (actually maybe even more Epi courses) at Waterloo than at Lakehead, you just won't come out with Epi in the title of your degree. You can still mention all the Epi courses you've taken if you apply for a job that needs them.

I guess also, there is a requirement to be on campus a couple of times at Waterloo but not at Lakehead... and a Capstone project at Waterloo but not at Lakehead... so in the end, I think it would come down to which program gives you the most things you want in a degree and which will be more useful for you in the future.

[Disclaimer: I've accepted a place at Lakehead]

I second this, pros and cons spreadsheets :D

19 hours ago, MphPg said:

Thank you for the response?

It has been a while since i have been waiting for the admission decision but with no change in my application status.

Expecting a rejection now

I'm in the same boat. Lakehead told me that they don't care about specializations at all. I'm definitely expecting to be rejected.

28 minutes ago, Emily_Ww said:

Hi! I got into McMaster MPH yesterday, I still haven't heard anything at all from Queens or Guelph so I am assuming that's a no- go at this point?? Have people received rejection letters from queens or Guelph yet?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Guelph. No clue if I've been rejected or waitlisted. Has anyone got an e-mail letting them know they've been waitlisted?

21 hours ago, rdh.mph said:

They never received the second reference letter from one of my profs, so I received an email from them last week saying that they won't be able to admit me as my application is considered incomplete. By the sounds of it from that email, I'm guessing they were in the preliminary stages of reviewing applications. 

Thank you for the information, that is what I'm assuming at this point too. But I'm sorry to hear about the reference letter, that's a huge bummer

16 hours ago, Emily_Ww said:

Hi! I got into McMaster MPH yesterday, I still haven't heard anything at all from Queens or Guelph so I am assuming that's a no- go at this point?? Have people received rejection letters from queens or Guelph yet?

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing which particular MPH stream/subject you applied to?

1 hour ago, bulkbarn said:

Just joined GC to post- did anyone apply to/ has anyone heard from the McMaster MSc in Health Research Methodology (HRM)? Tried looking for threads but there doesn't seem to be much activity around this program...

Hi! I applied to this program as well. I was informed that the offers will be coming out sometime next week! Coming up pretty quickly... good luck to you! 

59 minutes ago, purplesocks said:

Mine still says "Awaiting decision..."  . Did you get a formal waitlist letter, or just have the same message on your portal?

I emailed admissions about the status of my application, and got a reply saying I'm on waitlist! 

5 hours ago, blind_faith said:

Hi! I applied to this program as well. I was informed that the offers will be coming out sometime next week! Coming up pretty quickly... good luck to you! 

Thanks!! Just an update, I actually just got rejected from the program, so decisions have started coming out! (Ouch!!)

Hi there,

any nurses here? I’ve been accepted into the MPH at UVic and the MN at another school. Both programs will allow me to pursue the thesis of my interest and have faculty doing research on it as well. The main difference is that the MPH courses seem way more interesting. I made a SWOT spreadsheet on each and both seem to be in perfect balance of pros and cons.

your thoughts?