5 minutes ago, Mph17 said:

Received the same email... Hmm.. And I'm out of province. Have not received a phone call from them. 

Yes, this is officially tough to wait,  I wonder if anyone that got accepted for this email as well before they got a phonecall?

29 minutes ago, EaPC said:

I received an offer from uAlberta today for the Global Health stream  and have to accept by April 6 (email at 1:30pm EST). My letter says "A list" so they must just be sending out their first round of offers.

Still waiting to hear from SFU global health. 

Congrats! I am waiting to hear from them as well.

13 minutes ago, racheller said:

Would anyone who got acceptance to Western mind sharing their stats?

Hey I got in yesterday and my stats were:

GPA: 91%
Education: Just finishing up my undergraduate degree
ECs: alot of involvement in the school community, clinical research and very minimal public health research

Hey everyone and congrats to all those who have got an offer. I finally came across this forum, been searching for awhile one. I have applied to few programs and Only head back from UBC with a rejection. I have got my medical Degree from an overseas school though i have done my highschool here in Canada. SO my question I did not Do any of those Language requirements for International applicants. Do you think that this is going to affect me? 

Edited by Karrar

17 minutes ago, Karrar said:

Hey everyone and congrats to all those who have got an offer. I finally came across this forum, been searching for awhile one. I have applied to few programs and Only head back from UBC with a rejection. I have got my medical Degree from an overseas school though i have done my highschool here in Canada. SO my question I did not Do any of those Language requirements for International applicants. Do you think that this is going to affect me? 

It depends on your country of citizenship and where you got your medical degree from. Generally, international applicants whose primary language is not English do not have to take an English-language test if they have completed a degree at an institution where the language of instruction was in a country where English is the primary language (US, Australia, England, New Zealand, etc.). You can find the exemption rules and list of the countries on the website of schools you applied to.

Edited by thaniecs

Got accepted to Western MPH via phone call on March 28th around 1530!  Woooo! ? 

Still waiting for McMaster MPH, UofT Health Promo, Queen's MPH and Queen's Epi... 

For those who applied for UofT MPH Epi, I have a friend who applied two years ago(now an alumni) and did not get his offer until May---so there is hope!  I'm guessing it's the same for the other MPH programs at UofT!  

All the best to everyone!

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for all of your kindness and support! 

I got accepted into the UAlberta Global Health Program yesterday and I have until April 6th to accept the offer. I am still waiting to hear back from SFU Global Health.

Has anyone here been to either one of these two schools? I'm wondering if you can give me a little bit of insight on the programs to help me with my decisions.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Shd90 said:

Any international student who got accepted into Western or waterloo? 

I didn't read any one receiving acceptance for waterloo MPH from this forum. Has waterloo started sending acceptances for mph?

25 minutes ago, AniSabi said:

I didn't read any one receiving acceptance for waterloo MPH from this forum. Has waterloo started sending acceptances for mph?

I remember someone posting they got rejected at Waterloo. Also @purplesocks posted this in the forum and i quote "

Any news from Victoria? I've applied to UWaterloo and UVic, and I've read people's posts about Waterloo, some accetances, some rejections, more to admissions to come at the end of March. But I haven't seen a single post of anyone getting news from Victoria!" So I had an assumption that people have heard back from waterloo. When I emailed them they said I should wait till 2nd week of April and can contact them again if I haven't heard anything by then. 

Has anyone heard from Saskatchewan? I tried emailing and got a default reply outlining that decisions would start being sent out in February. But I haven't heard anyone post about it in this forum! I just feel like nothing is happening with that specific school :wacko:

7 minutes ago, ChelMPH said:

Has anyone heard from Saskatchewan? I tried emailing and got a default reply outlining that decisions would start being sent out in February. But I haven't heard anyone post about it in this forum! I just feel like nothing is happening with that specific school :wacko:

yeah true...nothing heard frm them.

4 hours ago, Shd90 said:

I remember someone posting they got rejected at Waterloo. Also @purplesocks posted this in the forum and i quote "

Any news from Victoria? I've applied to UWaterloo and UVic, and I've read people's posts about Waterloo, some accetances, some rejections, more to admissions to come at the end of March. But I haven't seen a single post of anyone getting news from Victoria!" So I had an assumption that people have heard back from waterloo. When I emailed them they said I should wait till 2nd week of April and can contact them again if I haven't heard anything by then. 

I received an acceptance offer from UVic a few days ago via email.

6 hours ago, Shd90 said:

I have receivedsimilar email from waterloo.

I have read waterloo MscPH acceptances in the forum but not MPH.

13 hours ago, purplesocks said:

25 pages is a lot to go through again but I'm pretty sure I saw a few people get both rejections and acceptances to Waterloo MPH. Personally, mine stills says awaiting decision. 

Yes it is. I remember 2-3 people posting about getting rejected from Waterloo. But yours was the only message that came to mind about acceptances. If no one has heard than that's some good news.