10 minutes ago, goalsforgradschool said:

I'm starting to feel a little more dejected about receiving an acceptance this year :(  

To be honest, I feet the same :( It's so hard to stay positive ... 

10 minutes ago, thaniecs said:

It’s almost heartbreaking at this point..  I believe most schools have sent out acceptances to the preferred candidates now. 

13 minutes ago, mphkeener said:

In regards to the western MPH the lady said on the phone they are going to try and make all phone calls by this week. They plan to send e-mails early next week! Don't loose hope :)

Thank you! Trying not too! I would love to go to Western, but it seems as if they do all their acceptances within a day or two and email rejections? Im not sure if this is true,  but I will keep my hopes up. Congrats to you on your acceptance. 

5 minutes ago, Sw5 said:

Thank you! Trying not too! I would love to go to Western, but it seems as if they do all their acceptances within a day or two and email rejections? Im not sure if this is true,  but I will keep my hopes up. Congrats to you on your acceptance. 

So acceptances will be sent out on one day typically. Probably Monday/Tuesday next week based on forums from previous years. But I had friends last year who didn't receive a phone call BUT were admitted. So just because you don't hear your phone ring doesn't necessarily mean bad news. Also, apparently wait list e-mails go out 1 week after. And from what I heard, the waitlist tends to move pretty quick.  Best of luck!

4 minutes ago, mphkeener said:

So acceptances will be sent out on one day typically. Probably Monday/Tuesday next week based on forums from previous years. But I had friends last year who didn't receive a phone call BUT were admitted. So just because you don't hear your phone ring doesn't necessarily mean bad news. Also, apparently wait list e-mails go out 1 week after. And from what I heard, the waitlist tends to move pretty quick.  Best of luck!

Thank you, then here goes to hoping that today is the day! I appreciate the response! 

35 minutes ago, thaniecs said:

27 minutes ago, kbit7 said:

It’s almost heartbreaking at this point..  I believe most schools have sent out acceptances to the preferred candidates now. 

As excruciating as the pain is, it is still early in the game. It's March, and most decisions go until June. It's good to find healthy ways to process the information but we shouldn't let go just yet. I went for a walk after reading this thread :lol: Called a loved on and expressed my frustration, they listened and sometimes just hearing the "it's okay" is good enough to get through the day. After work I'll go for a run or exercise to make sure I don't fall into any self criticizing thoughts and it'll be okay.

Most of the PI's I've worked with often share the story of how they applied to multiple schools and got rejected at most, waitlisted at a few but there was always one that accepted them, which is why they are where they are. 

Though I am skeptical of my admission this year, it's okay. That feeling is fair, but there is also room for hope :) 

20 minutes ago, goalsforgradschool said:

As excruciating as the pain is, it is still early in the game. It's March, and most decisions go until June. It's good to find healthy ways to process the information but we shouldn't let go just yet. I went for a walk after reading this thread :lol: Called a loved on and expressed my frustration, they listened and sometimes just hearing the "it's okay" is good enough to get through the day. After work I'll go for a run or exercise to make sure I don't fall into any self criticizing thoughts and it'll be okay.

Most of the PI's I've worked with often share the story of how they applied to multiple schools and got rejected at most, waitlisted at a few but there was always one that accepted them, which is why they are where they are. 

Though I am skeptical of my admission this year, it's okay. That feeling is fair, but there is also room for hope :) 

This is the type of positivity I NEED IN MY LIFE goddamn. Thank-you though for continuing to share your positive words on this thread, I absolutely love it - we all need it, whether we have heard back from schools or not. YAY for self-care and self-love, I'm here for it and it's honestly so important, especially when a lot of us are still playing the ever so stressful waiting game. 

47 minutes ago, goalsforgradschool said:

This is such a sweet reply, thank you for writing this.

I'm at work stressfully checking this thread as well. But you're right in everything you've said! :)

Goodluck to you! I hope you get into your top choice! 

On 3/26/2018 at 10:44 PM, Coffee_Addict7860 said:

Hey,

did they e-mail you or was it on the SGS portal? I haven't received anything yet and on the SGS portal my application shows under review.

I got the email for the unofficial offer on Friday, March 16. This past Tuesday, March 27, I received an email telling me to check my SGS application as it had been updated. I checked and the status is "Decision Made" and it provides a link to a document (pdf) of a scanned letter officially offering the acceptance with some other information. Hope that helps. Good luck!!!! Rooting for you & everyone else still waiting :)

Hi all, I just got an acceptance email from University of Victoria MPH a few minutes ago! I just checked my portal and it still says under review. 

"You will also be required to attend an onsite Gateway orientation to the program August 27-
30, 2018 at UVic in Victoria, BC."

I have until April 6 to respond. 

Keep holding on everyone!

1 hour ago, goalsforgradschool said:

As excruciating as the pain is, it is still early in the game. It's March, and most decisions go until June.

I second the staying positive approach! It seems like quite a few people on here have received multiple offers, and therefore will have to turn some offers down.

I used to work in a med school admissions office and you'd be surprised at the number of offers we would send out in the second wave once the first wave people had considered their options and made a final decision. And even a third wave of offers. Just because you haven't heard yet, it doesn't mean that you won't be starting in an MPH program in the Fall :-)

12 minutes ago, purplesocks said:

Hi all, I just got an acceptance email from University of Victoria MPH a few minutes ago! I just checked my portal and it still says under review. 

"You will also be required to attend an onsite Gateway orientation to the program August 27-
30, 2018 at UVic in Victoria, BC."

I have until April 6 to respond. 

Keep holding on everyone!

Same! Just received the same email from UVic :)

I received a few minutes ago acceptance to SFU population health (with $2000 entrance scholarship). 

Already accepted to McGill MScPH and waitlisted to UBC. Haven’t heard from Toronto. Not sure what to do. I have two weeks to accept my SFU offer starting today. Good luck to everyone hopefully more offers are going out to SFU!

21 minutes ago, Inkblaze said:

I received a few minutes ago acceptance to SFU population health (with $2000 entrance scholarship). 

Already accepted to McGill MScPH and waitlisted to UBC. Haven’t heard from Toronto. Not sure what to do. I have two weeks to accept my SFU offer starting today. Good luck to everyone hopefully more offers are going out to SFU!

Congratulations!!!! Did you find out via email or the portal?

26 minutes ago, Inkblaze said:

Congrats! It sounds like you have some tough decisions to make. Do you mind sharing your stats?

I was thinking if it is possible to reject an offer after accepting? Let's say later if you get an offer from your first choice in which you were waitlisted before?

I still have time to accept my offer but I was just wondering if it's allowed.

Edited by AniSabi

58 minutes ago, Inkblaze said:

amazing, congrats! Is anyone else waiting for SFU global health? 

Hey all! I got my unofficial offer from UofT MPH - Health Promo on March 16th but I still have yet to receive my official offer from SGS. I was looking through last year's forum and there was also someone who experienced the same problem. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? 

8 hours ago, stresseddepressed said:

Did anyone who got accepted into Guelph get their official letters yet? I got one stating that my acceptance was recommended to the grad committee...the subject line was "Welcome to Guelph MPH" so I can assume it's pretty much a done deal right? My paranoia is kicking in

Hey ....how u were informed..portal or email?.

Coz..status on my portal is still d same as it was in d beginning.

11 hours ago, MPH-HP 2018 said:

Hey all! I got my unofficial offer from UofT MPH - Health Promo on March 16th but I still have yet to receive my official offer from SGS. I was looking through last year's forum and there was also someone who experienced the same problem. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? 

Hey, I also received my unofficial offer on the 16th and still waiting for SGS as well.  I was thinking I would email next week if I don’t hear anything by end of day! 

1 hour ago, mphvic said:

Hey, I also received my unofficial offer on the 16th and still waiting for SGS as well.  I was thinking I would email next week if I don’t hear anything by end of day! 

I'm just a little paranoid lol cause, apparently, some people from the same program have already received their official letter from SGS.