1 hour ago, HRAEMPH said:

I just received an offer from U of A Epi as well!

Is anyone else planning to attend here? Would love to hear your thoughts on this program vs. U of T and USask!

Hey....wen did u hear from Alberta..... it was thru email or portal?

On 2018-03-15 at 3:31 PM, carters09 said:

First time applicant here. I just got accepted to Lakehead (distance; Northern & Indigenous specialization) and got called by Alberta to ask if I still wanted to go there after they changed their program this year to require a course on campus. I'm located in BC so I had to say no. Still waiting on Memorial.

I'm a mature student and have been working in research in health for a while now.

FYI to anyone else who applied to the same Lakehead program as me; I have until April 3rd to accept my offer.

Congrats. Did you get an email or was it updated on portal?

22 minutes ago, AniSabi said:

Congrats. Did you get an email or was it updated on portal?

For Lakehead, the portal status changed first (I just happened to check it ) and then the next day I got the email through.

For Alberta, my portal has not changed from 'pending' but I got a phone call from the department.

19 hours ago, goldenblue said:

Received a rejection from UBC as well this afternoon. Such a disappointment. 

Me too! Sorry to hear this :( Should we start at 2019 thread..... Ugh, not sure if I will apply there again. Second year in a row. (Sidenote, I had a professor who got declinded from UBC but got into Yale....)

14 hours ago, kbit7 said:

Congratulations to everyone in here who got accepted! Some of you have been nice enough to post your profiles and they're so apt and impressive, I feel like I was never in the competition.

I have a question, with the recent flurry of mails from UofT Health Promotion, is it reasonable to assume that if I haven't heard back yet it's likely a rejection?

According to my epi prof who sits in the admissions committee, they send out offers of admission to a few applicants (early admission), and those applicants have to make a decision by a certain date (they give applicants 2 weeks to decide, but lets use April 1st as an example). After April 1st, the admissions committee will count how many spots they have left in the program and send more offers based on the space they have left. Then they keep doing this until they get the amount of students they want in the program. Official rejections will come afterwards.

That is to say that you haven't been rejected yet. But my advice is that you should assume that you've been rejected and start planning your summer and fall to improve your CV (e.g. find employment related to your field, get published, etc.). I'm doing the same since I didn't get in the first wave of UofT epi

34 minutes ago, NovaTerra said:

According to my epi prof who sits in the admissions committee, they send out offers of admission to a few applicants (early admission), and those applicants have to make a decision by a certain date (they give applicants 2 weeks to decide, but lets use April 1st as an example). After April 1st, the admissions committee will count how many spots they have left in the program and send more offers based on the space they have left. Then they keep doing this until they get the amount of students they want in the program. Official rejections will come afterwards.

That is to say that you haven't been rejected yet. But my advice is that you should assume that you've been rejected and start planning your summer and fall to improve your CV (e.g. find employment related to your field, get published, etc.). I'm doing the same since I didn't get in the first wave of UofT epi

Thanks for the explanation, such a cruel process lol. It's unlikely I'll be able to apply again, this was my one shot. Waiting to hear back from a couple more Schools but even those have sent out some acceptances. Oh well. Good luck to you.

2 hours ago, goalsforgradschool said:

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Queens?

I am still waiting, for some odd reason my application status continues to say Submitted, anyone else experiencing the same thing

56 minutes ago, NovaTerra said:

Do you know if this is only for epi or also for other mph streams?