4 hours ago, EmPeeAych said:

Just got my acceptance for SFU MPH population health! Also got McGill MScPH a while back. 

If anyone has any comments about either program and can help me make an informed decision I would love that!

Congrats on your offer! Did you submit your application early by any chance? I'm just wondering if they're going through applications based on submission date. 

Edited by openarms

4 hours ago, futurejdmph said:

Congratulations!! I would love to hear what your credentials look like and where did you find out? My application status has not been updated at all and just simply says submitted. 

I got an email! I haven't actually checked my SFU account yet. Various research experiences (mostly clinical, some slightly related to public health in the university population), couple jobs, nothing really too public health related. Last two year GPA was probably 3.87. Currently on my year off. 

1 hour ago, EmPeeAych said:

Actually submitted the very last minute haha

Congratulations on your acceptance! I applied to SFU's MPH in population health too. I submitted my application in October, but my last document (updated transcript) was updated right at the very last minute as well. I have not heard anything from them though. I just hope it doesn't mean bad news.. :( Good luck to everyone else!

21 minutes ago, emilywpg said:

Just got my acceptance for SFU Population Health Science! Don't stress too hard everyone… the email will come when it will come! :)

Congratulations! Do you mind telling me what tine you got the email? 

Just got accepted for SFU Social Inequities and Health stream as well! Good luck to all else still waiting, that is the hardest part my friends! I was not e-mailed though and was notified on the "Application Status" tab.

Edited by futurejdmph

23 minutes ago, futurejdmph said:

Just got accepted for SFU Social Inequities and Health stream as well! Good luck to all else still waiting, that is the hardest part my friends! I was not e-mailed though and was notified on the "Application Status" tab.

Congrats!!!!! 

14 hours ago, futurejdmph said:

What does it say on the Application Status tab? I'm going crazy waiting!

24 minutes ago, hannahebb said:

"Congratulations! You have been granted admission to Graduate Studies at Simon Fraser University. Please confirm your acceptance below."

56 minutes ago, hannahebb said:

I have not heard from SFU either :(. I hope we will hear from them soon. What stream did you apply to?

On 19/02/2018 at 3:29 PM, Dentistshubha said:

Oh ok but probably do u have any idea by when they ll b responding..??

On their website they said April. Guelph program is really good based on their Zoonotic area of research. Hopefully we get admissions. Good luck!

On 3/5/2018 at 2:02 PM, neonlily said:

Are you talking for the MScPH program? Because the MPH program at Waterloo does not have supervisors.  I received my acceptance last year on March 9th and was one of the first here on Gradcafe.

Can I ask what your GPA and extracurriculars/work experience was? I'm an undergrad applying to mph, and it seems like they only accept professionals into the program, but waterloo is my #1 choice

7 hours ago, l8duong said:

Can I ask what your GPA and extracurriculars/work experience was? I'm an undergrad applying to mph, and it seems like they only accept professionals into the program, but waterloo is my #1 choice

It is geared towards professionals. I've been working in Public health for almost 4 years now.  We do have a 2 or 3 students in our class who had come straight from undergrad but had done co-ops in Public health. 

I have a long list of work experience/extracurriculars. I work in healthcare but under the public health side. Have extensive volunteer experience with multiple organizations, chair of committee, presentations at conferences etc. 

I just got an email of rejection from UBC MA in Interdisiciplinary (where I applied to do it in conjunction with SPPH). I am a bit taken back as I also applied for their MSc in Population and Public Health but the odd's might be low for that program as it in very quantitatively based and I feel as though my background does not lend itself to it. But we will see, fingers crossed. Background

-3 years health promotion/public health Ieading a national project around changing Canadian legislation

-Nursing degree (3.9 GPA)

-Two supervisors who have guaranteed me funding and a position/office in their research centre

-Well written proposal inwhich both supervisors said was PhD level

-My stats course is a grade below the requirement therefore I think UBC will hone in on this but hoping they see all the other qualifications and make a rounded decision.... but who knows

-Presentations, publications, experience writing a nursing course module for a government body.

I am honestly shocked about the MA... The requirements are so much lower! Geez, what does it take to get into school these days?!

Edited by vancouverrunner

49 minutes ago, vancouverrunner said:

I just got an email of rejection from UBC MA in Interdisiciplinary (where I applied to do it in conjunction with SPPH). I am a bit taken back as I also applied for their MSc in Population and Public Health but the odd's might be low for that program as it in very quantitatively based and I feel as though my background does not lend itself to it. But we will see, fingers crossed. Background

-3 years health promotion/public health Ieading a national project around changing Canadian legislation

-Nursing degree (3.9 GPA)

-Two supervisors who have guaranteed me funding and a position/office in their research centre

-Well written proposal inwhich both supervisors said was PhD level

-My stats course is a grade below the requirement therefore I think UBC will hone in on this but hoping they see all the other qualifications and make a rounded decision.... but who knows

-Presentations, publications, experience writing a nursing course module for a government body.

I am honestly shocked about the MA... The requirements are so much lower! Geez, what does it take to get into school these days?!

Hey, sorry to hear about your rejection. I know a proff who sits in the admissions committee, according to her, the letter of statement is very important, in which you have to demonstrate fit. You have an amazing profile but maybe too many people applied this time around.