On 15/01/2018 at 10:53 PM, purplesocks said:

Hello! I'm a relatively new RN looking to advance my career with a MPH degree.  I have a social sciences undergrad degree from before my BN as well, and I always knew public health was the general field I wanted to work towards.  I'm really interested in policy development and hope to one day work for a government branch.  

I'm applying to UVictoria and UWaterloo for their online MPH programs.  For financial reasons, and to continue gaining experience in the health care field, I wish to keep working as an RN in my rural town while I study, so full-time and on-campus programs were not feasible options for me.  

BTW, has anyone heard about the Waterloo Master in Health Evaluation program? I was so focused on the MPH degree, but the M.HE degree looks to be delivered in the same way and overall quite similar but just focused on evaluation of health projects and systems.  I'm considering whether to throw that in the mix as well. 

Hi,

Did you end up applying to waterloo mhe program? I have applied to it. I dont think its a new program but I havent heard about it before.

You right , its very similar to mph program but more focussed on the evaluation side.

3 hours ago, AniSabi said:

Hi,

Did you end up applying to waterloo mhe program? I have applied to it. I dont think its a new program but I havent heard about it before.

You right , its very similar to mph program but more focussed on the evaluation side.

I debated applying for it but in the end I did not and stuck just with mph.  Sounds interesting though! Maybe if I had had a bit more time to think about it I would have tried.  Perhaps it's easier to get in to that program if there are fewer applicants. 

9 hours ago, bkletonia said:

I just got an interview call. Does anyone know what the Toronto mph ( occupational and environmental) interview is like? 

I asked about the structure of the interview but haven't heard back yet. Anybody else get called for an interview? 

Do you know if UofT's Social & Behavioural Health Sciences MPH program also has interviews? 

Just to let all McGill MScPH applicants still waiting for an admission decision know, I called the admission's office about when results will come out, and they said by end of March. This makes me think more offers will be sent in the next month. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! :D

Edited by openarms

13 minutes ago, openarms said:

Just to let all McGill MScPH applicants still waiting for an admission decision know, I called the admission's office about when results will come out, and they said by end of March. This makes me think more offers will be sent in the next month. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! :D

Thanks for the info! It seems like they will send a second round of offers after people decline 

On 13/02/2018 at 11:34 PM, corgi7 said:

Just got accepted to McGill's MSc PH program! 

Hello everyone,

I am an international student.Would you mind sharing your profile ? Best of luck ! I wish the selected applicants could share their profile.Its gonna help us know where we are standing .

11 hours ago, Coffee_Addict7860 said:

Hi,

Has anyone heard back from UofT MPH (Social behaviour)? The SGS website shows the status as under review. Also is there some other place that i should be checking for the decision? 

Thanks!! 

I haven't heard back yet. 

Last year, people didn't get results back until mid-April to late May. SGS won't tell you the result of your application but it will tell you "Decision Made" when the results are out. I believe you will get an email with your result, followed by a letter in the mail. 

21 hours ago, Dentistshubha said:

Oh ok but probably do u have any idea by when they ll b responding..??

Hi I applied to Lakehead as well. Judging from the last year threads, they dont reply until after the first week of March.

Hi all! This is my second year applying. 

My stats and experience:

- Education: BA Hon Psych, First Class standing. cGPA 3.55; L2GPA 3.71.
- Research experience: 1.5 years working post-grad as an RA in clinical neuro research; 1.5 years as an RA in a social psych lab; 2 semesters in RA in another social psych lab
- Extracurriculars: 1.5 years volunteering with an NGO (not health focused - wrote grants, learned about policy, did outreach); 2 years on student executive of undergraduate academic organization; 3+ years of involvement in intercollegiate debate (included serving on the student executive; have maintained involvement as an alumni) ; started a journal club with students in my current lab to discuss medical ethics.

Applied to UAlberta, SFU, UBC, and Western.

Good luck everyone!