MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Got an email for an interview at CalArts for March 8th

Like Yale, among others, CalArts requires a in-person interview, anyone know anyone who has gone through this mandatory in-person interview, I barely have the money to fly/stay in Valencia, CA for one day. Skype Interviews are given in exceptional circumstances, does not having the money count as such? 

Update: I want to thank everyone for their help on getting an email to contact Rutgers, I ended up doing so via email along with my RUID about my 3rd unsubmitted letter of rec. They did indeed have it from the admissions department and is now showing in slideroom as submitted with todays date. One less thing to worry about...

However the only problem I have now is the same thing is happening with UF. I called many times but no one seems to know a number to contact anyone in the fine arts department, the only phone number on their website directs me to is the College of arts, which is everything from music to dance. I am just wanting to know if my letter got submitted and the graduate admission office tells me that it is important to contact the department I am applying to, and they advised I should email...which I have every day for the past week with no response. Has anyone reach anyone at the UF fine arts department and actually spoke to someone that can see the application status.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if UCLA send interview invites at all. Or there is just a phone call?
I emailed them several days before and got a feedback today saying my result will be out in mid-march. I wondered if that means I am not invited to the interview and I will be receiving my rejection letter in mid-march. Totally freaking out...

1 hour ago, leafyinhaling said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know if UCLA send interview invites at all. Or there is just a phone call?
I emailed them several days before and got a feedback today saying my result will be out in mid-march. I wondered if that means I am not invited to the interview and I will be receiving my rejection letter in mid-march. Totally freaking out...

I keep checking my application status at   app.grad.status.edu   - it says to not expect results until Mid-March, yikes, scary to wait more...

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 9.29.52 PM.png

19 minutes ago, haunted cornfield said:

I keep checking my application status at   app.grad.status.edu   - it says to not expect results until Mid-March, yikes, scary to wait more...

Gahhh you're right. Same here :(

Edited by Paintyface

24 minutes ago, haunted cornfield said:

Hey I applied for the same program! Yeah figures, on their dept website they say they only start reviewing apps from early Feb, plus their relatively late app deadline....

Zzz honestly I expect UCLA dma to be one of the last to get back to us

2 hours ago, AndrewN said:

Update: I want to thank everyone for their help on getting an email to contact Rutgers, I ended up doing so via email along with my RUID about my 3rd unsubmitted letter of rec. They did indeed have it from the admissions department and is now showing in slideroom as submitted with todays date. One less thing to worry about...

However the only problem I have now is the same thing is happening with UF. I called many times but no one seems to know a number to contact anyone in the fine arts department, the only phone number on their website directs me to is the College of arts, which is everything from music to dance. I am just wanting to know if my letter got submitted and the graduate admission office tells me that it is important to contact the department I am applying to, and they advised I should email...which I have every day for the past week with no response. Has anyone reach anyone at the UF fine arts department and actually spoke to someone that can see the application status.

Hey! I applied to UF and they emailed me the day before yesterday regarding my application status.  She said that I needed to email my unofficial transcripts and that I was missing one letter of reference and needed to reach out to that reference. 

3 hours ago, soymilk said:

oh man does risd have different deadlines for different majors? anyone hear from their gd program?

Yeah each department seems to be on their own timeline. Some departments have already sent out interview notifications, but I hear interview notifications for painting wont be sent until mid/late Feb.

I'm such an incredible idiot. I missed the Bard financial aid application deadline by a week. I just submitted my FAFSA to my whole list but by the 2 or 3 days from now that it's processed and sent it'll be ~10 days late. And their website says 90% of MFA students receive scholarships or fellowships. For some reason I had it in my head that it was the 15th, I think I had it confused with CalArts.

I guess my list of hopefuls is now SAIC, CalArts, Duke, Brooklyn, SVA, and Bard . I hate myself. The program there seems so unique and has one of my favorite filmmakers as a teacher.

:(

(all this quite possibly erroneously assuming I'm even going to get an interview much less an acceptance there lol)

3 hours ago, ackno said:

I'm such an incredible idiot. I missed the Bard financial aid application deadline by a week. I just submitted my FAFSA to my whole list but by the 2 or 3 days from now that it's processed and sent it'll be ~10 days late. And their website says 90% of MFA students receive scholarships or fellowships. For some reason I had it in my head that it was the 15th, I think I had it confused with CalArts.

I guess my list of hopefuls is now SAIC, CalArts, Duke, Brooklyn, SVA, and Bard . I hate myself. The program there seems so unique and has one of my favorite filmmakers as a teacher.

(all this quite possibly erroneously assuming I'm even going to get an interview much less an acceptance there lol)

hey...never doubt yourself

4 hours ago, ackno said:

Hey, I missed the deadline with another school and e-mailed them to explain the situation, and they were understanding and confirmed that I would be considered for aid. Don't worry!