MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

39 minutes ago, Makerak said:

Accepted to saic performance and then art tech. All in one day:lol::lol:

So excited and happy right now!!! 

Funding tba in a week or two,  although there was no mention of a merit scholarship in the convo so im not hopeful....

I know who you are... xuxuxu

Well, I got a rejection letter today from SAIC photo which is a real bummer, :/

Have a skype interview with MICA tomorrow.

Heard nothing from SVA, MassArt, CalArts or VCU. Getting a little nervous cause VCU is my number one.

Received an acceptance (SAIC Sculpture program) package via USPS mail today! If it puts anyone at ease after reading the forum--I never received a phone call or email of any kind beforehand. 

Still waiting on final answers from Columbia & RISD (both for sculpture). Has anyone heard anything from either?

Wishing everybody luck :)

5 hours ago, Shinobi_Legend said:

Has anyone heard from Georgia State or Tulane MFA drawing programs? Also, is there is anyone else from the Rutgers interviews from yesterday how do your feel it went? 

I had an skype interview for MFA at Rutgers, but it didn't go well. I think I should have been more prepared for it??. How was yours?

1 hour ago, nyangel said:

Received an acceptance (SAIC Sculpture program) package via USPS mail today! If it puts anyone at ease after reading the forum--I never received a phone call or email of any kind beforehand. 

Still waiting on final answers from Columbia & RISD (both for sculpture). Has anyone heard anything from either?

Wishing everybody luck :)

Im still waiting for my letter to arrive but does your package mention anything about funding? 

From what I was told, funding was determined afterwards??? Although shouldnt merit based aid be determined already?

Edited by Makerak

9 hours ago, Shinobi_Legend said:

Has anyone heard from Georgia State or Tulane MFA drawing programs? Also, is there is anyone else from the Rutgers interviews from yesterday how do your feel it went? 

I was told that Georgia State was trying to get stuff out before March 15.  What program did you apply to? 

Edited by Mezray

6 hours ago, TinaSlay said:

Well, I got a rejection letter today from SAIC photo which is a real bummer, :/

Have a skype interview with MICA tomorrow.

Heard nothing from SVA, MassArt, CalArts or VCU. Getting a little nervous cause VCU is my number one.

I'm curious, how did they send u rejection letter, through email or mail box?

7 hours ago, Teylorrrrrr said:

@nyangel congrats!!! haven't received anything so I guess that's a no for me?

I had my RISD sculpture interview last week and they said they would give out result very soon, like early March so I guess next week?

Good luck everybody!!!!

hey, would you mind sharing your interview experience? i've heard that RISD interviews are brutal, so i'd like to prepare for a lashing beforehand.

@Sahar.ea  In person it was crazy intimidating. I felt I didn't miss a beat and said everything that I needed to say. The interview was only 15 minutes so I scrambled to say everything that I could in the time limit that was there. I'm hoping that they thought it went well lol. Why do you think that yours didn't go so well?

Edited by Shinobi_Legend

I got a generic vague email from SAIC on friday that I am invited to an admitted students reception. haven’t gotten an official acceptance yet though. ?

after a seemingly great interview and visit at calarts I’m leaning that way if i get in, knock on wood. i know it’s irrational but saic’s shoddy communication is turning me off a bit further :/

Edited by ackno

1 hour ago, Teylorrrrrr said:

@AngryHaroldThe one I had was actually pretty chill. Around 15 mins. I guess that depends on the department? I am sculpture. Pretty nice people pretty normal questions, why risd, why graduate school now, talk about the issues you are working with in your work. 

alright, well i hope that's how mine goes too. i've heard words like "grilled" and "tribunal style" thrown around about their interviews, which i can deal with, i just want to be ready.

2 hours ago, Basil101 said:

I also received SVA MFA fine arts interview invitation yesterday, I guess I better start preparing now.

Did anyone receive Pratt's painting and drawing interview invitation?????

yes, i received a Pratt Painting/Drawing invite. my Skype interview is Friday. right before my RISD one on Wednesday, lol. I'll be happy to be done with this process.

10 hours ago, Shinobi_Legend said:

@Sahar.ea  In person it was crazy intimidating. I felt I didn't miss a beat and said everything that I needed to say. The interview was only 15 minutes so I scrambled to say everything that I could in the time limit that was there. I'm hoping that they thought it went well lol. Why do you think that yours didn't go so well?

that's exactly how my oxford interview went. I wanted to hit myself after that