MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

1 hour ago, kazuhiro_chou said:

All department’s result letters have been sent, according to the associate dean of SAIC graduate admissions.

Alright my anxiety just went through the roof as I haven't received any calls/emails. Flip-side is nobody from the programs I applied to received them either. The next week will be painful...

16 hours ago, Remz said:

Hey guys, when are all the RISD interviews over?

And, do you think everyone who would get an interview invite already got theirs?  

Kind of worried about Painting. 

According to the "Results" page it seems that RISD doesn't send out rejections until late March, and if you haven't heard from them yet for an interview (I applied for painting, have not received an interview invite either) then that's probably a rejection. A few posters from years back said the first contact they received from RISD was late March, in the form of a rejection email, which seems super late to me!

37 minutes ago, Makerak said:

Alright my anxiety just went through the roof as I haven't received any calls/emails. Flip-side is nobody from the programs I applied to received them either. The next week will be painful...

I have this theory that those grad packets we received were supposed to be offers. Otherwise SAIC is on some weird trolling shit sending us adverts the same week were waiting for results. 

11 minutes ago, Kvir said:

Literally every time I get an email notification on my phone my heart skips a beat and I actually think this whole process is taking years off my life. :mellow:

Same here. And then after I opened it, it is some promotion email from some shop or website. Unsubscribe them all!

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, charoarte said:

Well I got accepted at uf and rejected at Rutgers which was my dream school! What’s your medium? 

Congratulations! One of my friends was accepted in UF same program as you! You'll like him a lot. I use ink and 24K gold on paper. I've listed my website below to get an idea for my work https://www.thejonathanadams.com/ .    The work at the galleries here are really intense. I don't know, if I'll get in or not. But it is, extremely stressful. 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, a_chen said:

For folks attending the Interview Day at Rutgers, do you have any insight re: their interview process?

I'm assuming it's not a group interview, so will they get back to us with exact interview times at a later date?

Are you attending the group interview tomorrow for Rutgers? So will I! they will give us our assigned times upon arrival. I'm wondering how many of us are there.

26 minutes ago, kazuhiro_chou said:

Same here. And then after I opened it, it is some promotion email from some shop or website. Unsubscribe them all!

I took a couple classes at a local college as a non-degree student last semester and just recently got an email from something vague like "Student Services" with the subject line "Congratulations!" so naturally I freaked out. Then I clicked on it and it was just said college congratulating me on my 4.0 last semester.

I damn near threw my phone across the room.

Accepted into SAIC's painting program!! I received a voicemail yesterday and called back today to get the good news. I also received an acceptance package in the mail this afternoon.  I don't have any financial aid information yet, but hopefully that is also in the mail. 

7 minutes ago, snowstoked said:

Anyone hear from Boston yet today?

4 minutes ago, peachgray said:

No, but I bombed my interview in a big way, so I am not expecting anything. 

Nope, nothing yet.

4 minutes ago, 270027 said:

Has anyone heard from UCLA or Columbia Painting yet?

RISD- Interview up and coming

UCLA- ?

Columbia- ?

THANK YOU!

Nope...no word from either. I have an interview with Cal State tomorrow though :)

Rofl I keep getting promotional things in the mail from SAIC but was never called or emailed by any of the departments I interviewed in. Such a waste of postage!

27 minutes ago, peachgray said:

Accepted into SAIC's painting program!! I received a voicemail yesterday and called back today to get the good news. I also received an acceptance package in the mail this afternoon.  I don't have any financial aid information yet, but hopefully that is also in the mail. 

heyyy  Congrats!!!! For your acceptance package do they send it via usps or courier (if so, which one?) Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Makerak said:

heyyy  Congrats!!!! For your acceptance package do they send it via usps or courier (if so, which one?) Thanks!

It was sent through USPS. It looks like the postage was purchased on the 26th, so you should get something soon.