MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I think this process is really me turning me off. 
I get it that graduate programs like everything else in life are super competitive, but this long wait without any communication whatsoever, the amount of anxiety and stress it's putting us all through is crazy. My friends are already sick of what it's doing to me

1 hour ago, AngryHarold said:

yes, i received a Pratt Painting/Drawing invite. my Skype interview is Friday. right before my RISD one on Wednesday, lol. I'll be happy to be done with this process.

lol I guess I didn't get the dice. Best luck with your interviews!

5 hours ago, hduggan said:

Has anyone heard from University of Maryland college park? 

I spoke with them. Said they were having a final meeting last week. Sending out rejections first via mail, then waitlist, and final acceptances via call or email to come visit with faculty. No mail as of rn. Prob be late March until good news.

• Waitlisted: U Cincinnati (Painting/Drawing) 02/01/18
  • Interviewed: Portland State (Contemporary Art Practice) 02/11/18
  • Accepted: Northern Illinois University (Studio) 02/27/18 
  • Rejected: Arizona State University 02/12/18
  • Rejected: Florida State University 02/24/18
  • Rejected: University of Florida 02/27/18
  • Rejected: University of Illinois Urbana Champaign 03/02/18

As of 3/5/18, haven't heard from:

• VCU, Ohio State, U of Iowa, Syracuse, LSU, Southern Illinois U-Carbondale, Notre Dame, U Connecticut, U Delaware

51 minutes ago, apollonia666 said:

Got an acceptance call from Rutgers this morning!! And emails should be coming soon.

Congrats! They let you know so fast! I'm assuming if I did not receive a phone call I was rejected post interview? 

On 01/03/2018 at 5:15 AM, Sbahn said:

is anyone applied for MFA in goldsmiths? I was interviewed last months and interviewer said that I can find a result in couple of weeks at that time but I still can't find the result yet. 

I already sent to email to the interviewer and the admission office but they did not reply yet.

I guess the Interview was not good enough because English is not my first language So I was not able to describe my concept to interviewer sufficiently. am I failed?

Although I have been offered from GSA, RCA and SAIC I have been wanted to join the goldsmiths... 

Don’t worry. Goldsmiths is still interviewing because I will have one with them this coming Friday. So, you don’t need to worry about the result as they haven’t finished the interviews yet. Which programs of RCA and SAIC did you apply and may I ask why would Goldsmiths be your best choice over those three schools?

Is anybody applying to any german art schools?

They are pretty much have no tuitiom and some  have amazing faculty. The one is dusseldorf has peter doig, thomas struth, and gerhard ritcher to name a few. 

Downsides is I have 0 knowledge of german ( although I hear they teach in english) and their application process is rather byzantine. 

Curious to hear any thoughts/experiences

Accepted to SVA Photography, Video and Related Media program via email. Funding - not so sure yet. That's it for me. Now time to stare down these Tesla price tags. Good luck to everyone. Fuck Trump.

Yale - Rejected, and how!

SAIC Photo - Accepted, scholarship, TA

Columbia College Chicago - Accepted, scholarship

SVA - Accepted

Edited by Twin Infinitives

Anyone else getting spambox emails containing "acceptance letters" from the National Honor Society? I got one that references a school I applied to in the subject line, but have not heard back from the school itself haha. Made me do a double take

Assuming cash grabbing scam

Edited by hoax

1 hour ago, Twin Infinitives said:

Accepted to SVA Photography, Video and Related Media program via email. Funding - not so sure yet. That's it for me. Now time to stare down these Tesla price tags. Good luck to everyone. Fuck Trump.

Yale - Rejected, and how!

SAIC Photo - Accepted, scholarship, TA

Columbia College Chicago - Accepted, scholarship

SVA - Accepted

Did you get your official offer letter from SAIC for photo yet?? I haven’t heard anyone from photo having received them.