MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

27 minutes ago, Makerak said:

I didn't get it, I didn't get anything. Looking at what has been posted and from my friend it looks like standard mail.

Ahaha yes I've calculated how long it will take to get to NY. 

https://ribbs.usps.gov/modernservicestandards/ssmaps/find_map.cfm

Check this link, it will show u the "service standards" of USPS by region. How faithful USPS are to their standards though, no one knows. 

hahaha thank you so much for the link. you are a life saver!

i think it will take a week to arrive in California which means next Monday or Tuesday. I hope they are faithful!

(also, I remembered it wrong and it is Creech who already received the mail. sorry for the confusions.)

7 hours ago, TheBarnOwl said:

According to the "Results" page it seems that RISD doesn't send out rejections until late March, and if you haven't heard from them yet for an interview (I applied for painting, have not received an interview invite either) then that's probably a rejection. A few posters from years back said the first contact they received from RISD was late March, in the form of a rejection email, which seems super late to me!

Aw, man. Thanks, I'm new here so I thought the best thing to do was ask. Any idea on when RISD rolled out the acceptances for painting this year?

Edited by Remz

15 hours ago, Jjjuliannn said:

sorry to spam but still having nerves over UPenn MFA!!!! i want to get in so bad!!! someone in this group said March 2nd, that's tomorrow!!! ahh!!!

Me too. But, UPenn says their results will be out on 14th, according to their page..

18 hours ago, Kvir said:

Literally every time I get an email notification on my phone my heart skips a beat and I actually think this whole process is taking years off my life. :mellow:

Ugh yeah, still waiting for a sign from Concordia, which I heard is pretty notorious when it comes to sending in application statuses. Lol at this point I just want to get it over with so I can make plans in case I don't get in :/ 

Hope you guys are all doing much better! 

40 minutes ago, StarryNight_1 said:

Me too. But, UPenn says their results will be out on 14th, according to their page..

it does but someone said last year they released on the 2nd. who knows!!!!

update a RISD photo interview if the info might help anyone, perhaps in the future...

only one person interview

five very specific questions, already listed.

1 self-introduction and how related to photography

2.what's the strength and weakness you think in your work (i like this question!)

3.like to work alone or in group?

4.how you want to explore and improve in grad study

5. why RISD?

4 minutes ago, shelbyrae said:

Has anyone heard anything from U Michigan or UC Berkeley yet??

Ugh nothing from Berkeley for me, though there was someone who got an interview a while back. Just had an 8 panel skype interview with Cal State. Bloody terrifying.

18 hours ago, Rennnnn said:

Thank you for the info! I applied for painting and I might have been rejected already since it is already March now. 

Your welcome. I applied also but I haven’t gotten a rejection email or letter but I know I probably won’t get in because they already got someone from my school. 

1 hour ago, Mr.PoopyButtHole said:

Columbia painting interview invitations were done over the phone on Feb.4 and RISD sent out painting interview requests out via email on Feb.26. Sorry ? 

Damn, what if I missed the call? Haha, is interview mandatory for these schools? I guess I've been rejected. The only interviews I had are Yale and Parsons.