MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hey guys, when are all the RISD interviews over?

And, do you think everyone who would get an interview invite already got theirs?  

Kind of worried about Painting. 

Edited by Remz

I emailed SAIC graduate admission office today and they had confirmed that all result letters have been mailed out this week and we should be received it anytime. At this point, I feel really depressed because most people normally got In would have received a phone call from the department by this time. And people who got admitted have confirmed that they all got the information via phone. If not, probably the result will be either waitlist or rejection. I have been struggling during the past two weeks because I felt so nervous about the result. I thought I did well during the interview but maybe it is because of my works or my little experiences as a graduating senior student. SAIC is my best choice and the place I consider truly belonged. However, I think I might not have the chance to create works and engage my discourse as an artist there anymore.

Sorry to say something really negative but I have just been horribly stressful.

Best wishes for all of your applications.

is anyone applied for MFA in goldsmiths? I was interviewed last months and interviewer said that I can find a result in couple of weeks at that time but I still can't find the result yet. 

I already sent to email to the interviewer and the admission office but they did not reply yet.

I guess the Interview was not good enough because English is not my first language So I was not able to describe my concept to interviewer sufficiently. am I failed?

Although I have been offered from GSA, RCA and SAIC I have been wanted to join the goldsmiths... 

14 hours ago, slickjaketheruler said:

Finally heard back from Ohio State.

Waitlisted yet again to another school.

heyhey hang in there. I'm sure one of the waitlists will change into an acceptance! :)

12 hours ago, Makerak said:

Uhhh what are you writing lol? Shouldnt sound like your refusing them in any way possible. 

Maybe "looking forward to the results" + invite them to contact you if they have any further questions as a means of indicating continued interest. 

Remember all you need to do is the following

1. Thank them specifically

2. Indicate how happy u were talking to them, meeting the program, faculty etc

3. Indicate your continued, increasing interest with contact info

is a thank you note in  order after a skype interview?

4 hours ago, kazuhiro_chou said:

I emailed SAIC graduate admission office today and they had confirmed that all result letters have been mailed out this week and we should be received it anytime. At this point, I feel really depressed because most people normally got In would have received a phone call from the department by this time. And people who got admitted have confirmed that they all got the information via phone. If not, probably the result will be either waitlist or rejection. I have been struggling during the past two weeks because I felt so nervous about the result. I thought I did well during the interview but maybe it is because of my works or my little experiences as a graduating senior student. SAIC is my best choice and the place I consider truly belonged. However, I think I might not have the chance to create works and engage my discourse as an artist there anymore.

Listen, we think we know where we fit in best but trust me you'll go to the college that is actually good for you in ways you cannot see right now. A friend was in the same dilemma after a good interview with SAIC, her dream school, she didn't make it but got accepted to SVA instead and she hasn't looked back ever since. So believe in yourself and all the very best :)

14 minutes ago, Sbahn said:

is anyone applied for MFA in goldsmiths? I was interviewed last months and interviewer said that I can find a result in couple of weeks at that time but I still can't find the result yet. 

I already sent to email to the interviewer and the admission office but they did not reply yet.

I guess the Interview was not good enough because English is not my first language So I was not able to describe my concept to interviewer sufficiently. am I failed?

Although I have been offered from GSA, RCA and SAIC I have been wanted to join the goldsmiths... 

I don't think language would be an issue, since they make you take language proficiency tests. Lets wait for the results and heartiest congratulations on the amazing places you've ben accepted to

5 hours ago, kazuhiro_chou said:

Hey I totally feel you. I am a graduating senior as well and I have been struggling. I understand your stress. I don't know what to say to make you feel better, but just want to let you know we will be fine. Yes, it is such a good, fantastic, awesome school, but anyway it is just a school. Take it easy! 

6 hours ago, kazuhiro_chou said:

Do u mean all the departments or just sculpture?

6 hours ago, StarryNight_1 said:

Listen, we think we know where we fit in best but trust me you'll go to the college that is actually good for you in ways you cannot see right now. A friend was in the same dilemma after a good interview with SAIC, her dream school, she didn't make it but got accepted to SVA instead and she hasn't looked back ever since. So believe in yourself and all the very best :)

thank you very much! I will keep waiting for my other schools. Good luck to your applications as well.

5 hours ago, Teylorrrrrr said:

Hey I totally feel you. I am a graduating senior as well and I have been struggling. I understand your stress. I don't know what to say to make you feel better, but just want to let you know we will be fine. Yes, it is such a good, fantastic, awesome school, but anyway it is just a school. Take it easy! 

Thank you! I was just a little stressed out yesterday. I will keep preparing for other interviews and other things in life as well. Wish you all good luck for the applications!