MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

18 hours ago, nmelnicky said:

Which department did you apply to? I think the latest would be the end of March, but I think by mid-march they will notify you tbh 

I applied for sculpture. On the interview day they said the result will be released in one or two weeks. Do you know any information about it? Thanks!

3 hours ago, Creech said:

Hi! First time logging in and posting here, but I had this happen to me as well! I applied/interviewed at SAIC for film/video, had a solid interview, felt very good leaving (I had a faculty member look me in the eye and say “to be continued” in a knowing way), and was waiting for something to be sent sometime last week. Thursday I saw the package and was like holy shit this must be it, but it was an advert mailer for the programs I’d already applied to. I emailed them, and will check back in if I hear back but I definitely got that as well. 

Some info I got on interview day that others might be interested in re SAIC.... i also interviewed for sculpture and was told by the dean of grad studies that the film department had essentially made their decisions on 2/17, and that sculpture would be having a meeting on 2/19 and 2/20 to determine who they wanted to admit. Don’t know about other depts, obviously photo and some of the other departments have been quick to get their word out, but figured I’d chime in for once

Have you heard back from Sculpture Department since then? I am waiting for the result as well. Thanks!

6 hours ago, ackno said:

got a graduate program info packet from saic today. was assuming it was an acceptance and FinAid info packet (not being presumptuous but why would they send a huge cardboard rejection lol) rather than the thing they oddly already sent my mom a month ago. ugh! 

I got the same thing! Such a bummer

14 minutes ago, Makerak said:

Some ppl I heard got their offers from SAIC via DHL

You mean some people you know have already got their SAIC offers via DHL? It is kind of confusing since some ppl got program info earlier today, so I thought mine would be the same. 

14 minutes ago, Rennnnn said:

You mean some people you know have already got their SAIC offers via DHL? It is kind of confusing since some ppl got program info earlier today, so I thought mine would be the same. 

Yeah thats what I mean. DHL seems to be SAIC's preferred courier, regardless if it is offers or promo material

1 hour ago, charoarte said:

so umm anybody knows about funding from Hunter?

As a CUNY school, Hunter doesn't have a lot of fin aid. It's considered pretty cheap already, like 7k a year in-state?. I read they have a few $1000 tuition waivers based on FAFSA

Applied to the following programs for ceramics:

California College of the Arts: interviewed 2/19

University of Oregon: interviewed 2/20

CU Boulder- awaiting response/anticipating rejection

University of Washington (3d4m): awaiting response

University of Arkansas: rejected via email

Georgia State University: accepted via phone call

University of Florida: interviewed 2/12 and declared "alternate", i.e. wait-listed

SAIC: accepted via phone call

Tulane: awaiting response

Ohio University: awaiting response/anticipating rejection

Arizona State University: rejected via email

Let me know if any of you have heard back from any of these programs! Wishing you all luck.

40 minutes ago, newman said:

University of Florida: interviewed 2/12 and declared "alternate", i.e. wait-listed

Let me know if any of you have heard back from any of these programs! Wishing you all luck.

Which department/program did you get accepted by SAIC? Did they just call you and tell you the result? Is there any email? Thank you for your detailed information. Best of luck for the rest of your schools!

6 minutes ago, kazuhiro_chou said:

Which department/program did you get accepted by SAIC? Did they just call you and tell you the result? Is there any email? Thank you for your detailed information. Best of luck for the rest of your schools!

I got accepted into the Ceramics program. I got a phone call from the department head with an acceptance offer and was instructed to email someone from admissions to find out what will occur next. They said that in a couple of weeks I will find out if I received any scholarships. Thank you, best of luck to you as well!!

6 hours ago, newman said:

I Interviewed with OU about a week ago for Printmaking. They said they are wrapping up decisions last week and this week. Painting already put out there decisions. I'm guessing it was the same for Ceramics. I am also an alternate but at OU. What does that even mean? You're at the top of the wait list?

Congrats on getting into some programs! I hope you get some good news soon!