MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

5 minutes ago, thirdtimesthecharm said:

Has anyone heard from Boston U after interviews? 

Not yet. I asked during my interview when I should expect to hear back, and they told me their decisions will be sent out by March 1. So hopefully we will hear back today or tomorrow!

35 minutes ago, Tomcat said:

any recommendations for how to write thank you notes post interview if you interviewed with a whole department?

Send them out individually and refernece their name in the letters content. It takes more time but it makes a much better gesture

Just got my acceptance offer from Iowa Film & Video Production. Tuition remission + TA-ship + contribution toward fees and health/dental insurance. Hopefully will find out soon about the Iowa Arts Fellowship (crossing all my fingers and toes and anything else that can be crossed). I'm so thrilled!!!

On another note, still haven't heard anything from Michigan since they emailed to say I was basically an alternate. Anticipating a rejection letter. 

Edited by aghoul

1 hour ago, aghoul said:

Just got my acceptance offer from Iowa Film & Video Production. Tuition remission + TA-ship + contribution toward fees and health/dental insurance. Hopefully will find out soon about the Iowa Arts Fellowship (crossing all my fingers and toes and anything else that can be crossed). I'm so thrilled!!!

On another note, still haven't heard anything from Michigan since they emailed to say I was basically an alternate. Anticipating a rejection letter. 

brilliant! Congratss :)

New York Academy of Art - accepted by email (02/15) small scholarship 

University of Florida - accepted by phone (02/15) full waiver, large stipend 

University of Georgia - rejected by letter (02/28)

University of Washington - N/A

University of Connecticut - N/A

Rutgers - rejected by email (02/09)

I just received a phone call from SAIC that I have been accepted by MFA painting program with TA-ship, and she said the official offer has been shipped, which might be the one I did not receive yesterday. She also said there is no scholarship provided for international students, but she gave me the phone number of financial department to negotiate, so there might be some hope for that? 

Edited by Rennnnn

4 minutes ago, Rennnnn said:

I just received a phone call from SAIC that I have been accepted by MFA painting program with TA-shop, and she said the official offer has been shipped, which might be the one I did not receive yesterday. She also said there is no scholarship provided for international student, but she gave me the phone number of financial department to negotiate, so there might be some hope for that? 

congratulations!so happy for you!

6 minutes ago, Rennnnn said:

I just received a phone call from SAIC that I have been accepted by MFA painting program with TA-shop, and she said the official offer has been shipped, which might be the one I did not receive yesterday. She also said there is no scholarship provided for international student, but she gave me the phone number of financial department to negotiate, so there might be some hope for that? 

Congratulations! Really happy for you! Bon voyage :D

3 hours ago, Qiurui said:

I applied Columbia, NYU, Yale, RISD, Parsons, and Pratt. I already got my Yale and Parsons interviews, but nothing from Columbia(Painting), RISD(Painting), NYU(Studio arts), and Pratt. I'm soooo worried right now. 

me and another forum member had interview requests for RISD Painting already. not sure if there's going to be another round.

i haven't heard from Pratt either. i don't think anyone has. 

44 minutes ago, oscarmeyer said:

VCU sculpture - rejected by email

UW 3D4M - accepted (phone) but deferred, they are taking 3. good luck!

When did you get the phone call from UW?