MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hi! First time posting on here. 

Got an email from NYU this past Friday for an interview! Anyone else?

I'm waiting to hear back from UCLA - I applied for Interdisciplinary Studies. Did anyone else apply for that program? Super nervous!

I did go to UCI for my B.A. so those of you waiting on UCI, they do interviews. I am friends with a lot of the faculty because of being in the Arts Honors Program so if you have questions I am more than happy to answer :) 

I like to congratulate all of you who have gotten acceptance notices, how wonderful. I wish you much success. 

To those who are still waiting, hang in there. Read up on the Universities you are waiting for to be ready for the interview. Waiting is not easy and you are not alone. 

Hello All! 
Since we're inching towards the end of this journey, I thought I'd share a tiny anecdote. I never went to art school and have been following this community for two years, hoping to apply fr an MFA etc each year, to see the community be there when you're anxious af, and this year I did find the courage to apply. I applied to 7 places, have been rejected by two so far, and checking this forum has become a ritual. I don't know what the future holds in store but from being a passive observer to a participant in this process has in it's way been a moment of growth for me. I hope each one of us gets accepted to the school right for us, and I wish you all a tremendous amount of success in the years to come. 
Love

Officially rejected from UF. Oh well. Maybe I should have applied to UNLV.  But, I have only so much money. And still nothing from USF about funding or an official notice of admission. Which sketches me out.

oh man I'm so sorry @icw  

TO HUNTER APPLICANTS>>> I have received an email back from Sarah, she said to bring the ten images submitted, plus up to ten images of new work.  So like 20 images maximum... It's a pretty cool thing!  Good luck to everyone and see you in open studio! Can other painting interviewers give me your instagram or website? I would love to check out your works! 

5 minutes ago, charoarte said:

oh man I'm so sorry @icw  

TO HUNTER APPLICANTS>>> I have received an email back from Sarah, she said to bring the ten images submitted, plus up to ten images of new work.  So like 20 images maximum... It's a pretty cool thing!  Good luck to everyone and see you in open studio! Can other painting interviewers give me your instagram or website? I would love to check out your works! 

It's okay, I am not super bummed or anything. Rejection is a part of life. And if for some reason. If stuff just does not work out this year. I am just going to have move on and pursue other things. 

45 minutes ago, Wolfgang Liam said:

Here I thought SAIC was gonna give a result in two weeks after the interview. I called and they said not till the end of March...is this real...

Did you call the sculpture department or the school? I was advised that they will release the results by the end of this week on the interview day. However, I saw someone posted acceptance on theGradCafe result page for sculpture MFA. I am not sure if they have connected some of the candidates at this point. Waiting like crazy now.

I was “offered study” last night by goldsmiths last night, in case anyone was waiting 

@nfagunde I am also waiting for interdisinady and interviewing at NYU :) 

however with sculpture coming out I think it’s looking a little bleak 

@Jjjuliannn

if you interviewed at UPenn the decisions come out around the 2nd of March or they did last year 

@

Edited by Tomcat

56 minutes ago, Tomcat said:

I was “offered study” last night by goldsmiths last night, in case anyone was waiting 

@nfagunde I am also waiting for interdisinady and interviewing at NYU :) 

however with sculpture coming out I think it’s looking a little bleak 

@Jjjuliannn

if you interviewed at UPenn the decisions come out around the 2nd of March or they did last year 

@

Hey, do you think they interview people regarding a shortlist or is it more like further enquiries etc? I'm honestly just freaking out

On 2/18/2018 at 7:57 PM, sunflowerpower said:

@icw

Had interview for FSU last night  with Mark. Very nice guy. Spoke highly of my work(was surprised to hear a solid compliment in an interview), very casual convo. Similar backgrounds. Good vibes/positive thoughts. Hope it went well for you! Said should hear by Mon or Tues this week.  ?

Hey I am 6th on FSU's waitlist any luck on your end?

5 hours ago, Wolfgang Liam said:

Here I thought SAIC was gonna give a result in two weeks after the interview. I called and they said not till the end of March...is this real...

whhhyyyyyyyyyy?! This hurts my heart.

54 minutes ago, StarryNight_1 said:

Hey, do you think they interview people regarding a shortlist or is it more like further enquiries etc? I'm honestly just freaking out

I am not sure what you mean by shortlist? They asked me a lot of clarifying question about my applications and general questions about my art? I would recommend calling the admissions office.