MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

6 hours ago, SCSCH said:

Just found out I'm an alternate at OU in printmaking. Really disappointed because that was my top school. Still waiting to hear back from other programs.

Has anyone heard from: 

University of Iowa- Book Arts 

University of Tennessee- Printmaking 

Carnegie Mellon- Printmaking  

I just want to make sure you mean OU and not OSU.  :)  I am still waiting to hear from OSU and am freaking out :) 

11 hours ago, sunflowerpower said:

Waitlisted at FSU. Surprised and a little bummed. Will ask my placement on the list. Was accepted to MCAD will receive funding information next week (told by fin-aid).

Anyone heard anything from UMD College Park? 

I was waitlisted at FSU too no biggie tho. But I got into USF and Im still waiting to hear back on funding.

2 hours ago, rebkhan said:

@charoarte Hunter sent me the interview info last night at 11:30 pm hah. Did you get it? What do you think of the requirement to bring 10 photos of new work? That’s a lot! Also is the statement of purpose our artist statement we submitted in the application?

for what department? my email says  "10 print outs, no larger than 8½ x 11, of any new work completed since the SlideRoom portfolio submission along with the images submitted to SlideRoom."

Doesn't seem like they all have to be new. Also, the passport sized required photo thing seems strange.

Edited by hoax

On 2/20/2018 at 3:10 PM, andreabengeart said:

I haven’t heard back either and it’s making me nervous. But someone from Richmond visited my website this past week so I’m holding out some hope we might hear soon? I was like one of the last to upload my supplemental material because my automated link never came, I had to email and call so I know they were having issues with the system so maybe that’s why? Lol, I’m hoping. :P

On 2/20/2018 at 3:18 PM, PainterPerson said:

Same, I applied for painting and haven't heard a thing. I think folks in sculpture have just started to receive interview requests, so that brings some hope.

It's a huge relieve to hear back from two other people on the same boat, thank you for responding I was getting all paranoid lol, fingered crossed that we will heard something soon! Good luck to you both!

5 hours ago, Tomcat said:

When do we get to start freaking out about NYU? 

also Did anyone else interview at penn last week? Have you heard anything back?

Omg! Which department did you apply to at Penn? Also are we talking UPenn or PAFA or Penn State?

4 hours ago, waitingisfun said:

It's a huge relieve to hear back from two other people on the same boat, thank you for responding I was getting all paranoid lol, fingered crossed that we will heard something soon! Good luck to you both!

No havent heard from UPenn at all, im dying. It’s my dream school

Edited by StarryNight_1

Yeah I got the same email and I don’t know i was just about to comment asking everyone about this... hahaha 

Hunter wants new work for interview...  it scares me I have been traveling and working and *freaking out about grad school* too much to make new work... I have small sketches and paintings I make daily but that’s all.. I can’t show that right ? 

I guess I’ll get to painting now hahahahaha ... *sips on wine* *whines* *paints* *cries* Hahahaha 

also the positive aspect of this is that each student student on their site is featured with a photo... images of their work and some kind of statement ......... ;) 

All my UT Austin peeps, I got extremely generous and kind waitlist email from them.( Kinda surprised since I had my interview at 2 in the morning via Skype) They stated I was on an extremely short waitlist but not holding my breath. I am assuming rejection from UCI and UCLA too. Oh well, next year.

Edited by D4A1G7