MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Had an informal Skype interview with Syracuse Photo last night!! Feeling pretty good about it but also a little off about my read on the program,etc.(probably need to visit) I’m really so much better in person, regardless still no word on funding from any schools yet so I’m still in a GD tizzy about the $$$. 

SAIC said I’d get the official offer with details “very soon”. I hope they meant today cause I’m losing it just a little everyday... 

Got rejected by SCAD Graphic Design. Since SCAD has the highest acceptance rate, now I don't know what to expect from the other schools I've applied to. :/

Anyone heard from SVA Design, RISD, CCA Design, PRATT or MICA? (Graphic Design/Communication Design)

1 hour ago, Shriicaf said:

Got rejected by SCAD Graphic Design. Since SCAD has the highest acceptance rate, now I don't know what to expect from the other schools I've applied to. :/

Anyone heard from SVA Design, RISD, CCA Design, PRATT or MICA? (Graphic Design/Communication Design)

I applied for Pratt Communications design but still nothing.

Also SVA and MICA, but not graphic design. Nothing from SVA yet but interviewed with MICA already. So anxious for March.

8 minutes ago, Capybara said:

I applied for Pratt Communications design but still nothing.

Also SVA and MICA, but not graphic design. Nothing from SVA yet but interviewed with MICA already. So anxious for March.

What program at MICA?

And YEAH! March! I'm extremely nervous. SCAD results really put me off.

2 hours ago, Shriicaf said:

Received an invitation to a CCA east coast info session in NYC last week. The email says it's people who applied this year but don't know how much is it related to acceptance...

7 hours ago, Shriicaf said:

Haven't heard back from SVA, RISD (printmaking), or Pratt. 
I had my interview for MICA (Mount Royal School of Art) though. 

So nervous, I don't know what to expect from all the schools I haven't heard back from yet.

6 hours ago, meg0996 said:

Haven't heard back from SVA, RISD (printmaking), or Pratt. 
I had my interview for MICA (Mount Royal School of Art) though. 

So nervous, I don't know what to expect from all the schools I haven't heard back from yet.

I haven't heard from MICA. No interview no nothing. Do you think the process is different for international applicants? Urgh! This waiting game is unnerving. 

Also, MICA Graphic Design MFA/MA?

7 hours ago, Tomcat said:

@StarryNight_1

unfortunately, that is what i have been told with other schools like Columbia and hunter so i assume it true for Penn

you can call the school though

I wrote to them, let's see. It's my dream school, and my younger sister is a freshman there.. I hope it's a tad bit different for international applicants..

18 hours ago, Shriicaf said:

Don't think about it this way. A college with a smaller acceptance rate might think your work fits there better. I wish you the best :)

I was wait listed to the University of Florida and I'm driving to New Jersey to interview for Rutgers. I don't think I'll get in. My grades aren't quite competitive, I applied late and I've of my recommenders hasn't placed her letter in (to any school, she said she would). She placed everyone else's. I'm beginning to think she doesn't like me very much. 

Still waiting on Georgia State and Tulane. The fact I was wait listed hurts a bit. Hopefully it works out, I'm a ball of nervous energy the now lol.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:29 PM, SCSCH said:

Just found out I'm an alternate at OU in printmaking. Really disappointed because that was my top school. Still waiting to hear back from other programs.

Has anyone heard from: 

University of Iowa- Book Arts 

University of Tennessee- Printmaking 

Carnegie Mellon- Printmaking  

I spoke to one of the professor's at University of Tennessee printmaking at an exhibition recently. They've made there decision and are rolling out letters in the next couple of weeks. I do wish you luck!